Signs of Adolescence in Boys
The transition age in boys is a difficult period of crisis. And not only for the children themselves, but also for their parents. Signs of transitional age in boys are different, everyone has his own. Quite often in adults at this stage with teenagers, friendship and contact are lost. Parents need to communicate with them more often, as they can miss one of the most important moments in the upbringing of the child. If there is no adult next to the boy in a very important period for him, then the teenager runs the risk of getting into a bad company, which can result in addiction to alcohol, drugs and other unpleasant consequences.
General characteristics of adolescence and recommendations to parents
One must be able to hear his grown-up boy, empathize with his problems, help him to survive the difficulties morally. If parents know that they are right, you need to patiently explain to your child what his mistake is. Also, try to provide convincing evidence-based arguments. So the child will quickly believe in their loved ones. If the parents had to criticize their son, then you need to bring a serious argument so that he understands. You can not pressure a teenager, it's better just to ask for help, so he will quickly make concessions to adults. Reproaches and humiliation greatly affect the psyche of the boy, so you can not do this.
Compare your teenager with his friends is not worth it. After all, he, first of all, a person, personality and does not have to be like other children. When parents communicate with their child, it is necessary to do it in a friendly tone, then he will trust them completely. Let the teenager control what is in his power. Therefore, it is worth giving your child the independence that is so necessary for him. However, if you notice any changes in the child's behavior (for example, his reaction to some things has become inadequate, he does not want to look you in the eye, etc.), then one should think about such a phenomenon very seriously. It is possible that there is a need to consult a narcologist. After all, it's in adolescence that you want to try everything forbidden without thinking about the consequences. And as you know, they get used to drugs very quickly, but it's almost impossible to quit this addiction without the help of a specialist.
Father needs a future man
When the boy's age of transition begins, he must first of all be a father. In order for a teenager to grow into a worthy member of society, he needs to communicate with his father as often as possible. The same, in turn, is obliged to set an example for the son. In adolescence, this communication is very important for a boy. If the teenager does not get along with the father, then the child has psychological stress, incomprehensible aggression, which he will try to spill out onto his mother or other family members.
Therefore, the father must try to have a son with him was interested in communicating. At this age, a healthy lifestyle is simply necessary for the child. To do this, organize for him sports activities, as well as monitor the food (it must be balanced). Then the child will understand that with this way of life there is no place for drugs and alcohol.
In some cases, a teenager may be marked by depression and inattention. Studies at this age tend to move to the last place. Psychologists say that adolescents' thinking becomes more developed, but they do not use it because it is more important for them to communicate with peers than with teachers.
The main problems of the transitional age:
- a teenager believes that his rights are infringed, so he restores them due to quarrels and scandals with his parents;
- the child seems to be treated unfairly. As a result, he tries to prove that he is no longer small and can sort out everything himself;
- love for him is now in the first place, and parents do not need him at all (as most adolescents believe);
- thoughts about suicide quite often come to the mind of adolescents. Therefore, parents need to do everything to their child as soon as possible threw this idea out of my head.
What is adolescence?
Mom and Dad remember how their son seemed to have recently reached out to them with their little hands, opened a toothless mouth, and today he has become almost an adult man. What is adolescent transitional age? This is the period when the body begins to completely change physically and psychologically.
It is at this time that maturity is reached in boys, although they are still children. The age of adulthood begins as early as 10 years, but ends in different ways, usually around 15-17 years.
Let's look at the sex characteristics of the transition age in boys:
- A thin voice turns into a rougher, more confident, as many male hormones appear.
- Sex organs are increased.
- There is more hair throughout the body, as well as on the face (beard and mustache).
- Musculature increases.
- The shoulders become wider.
- At night spontaneous ejaculation occurs quite often;
- Acne and acne appear in the back and on the face. Over time, they will disappear on their own. Although doctors recommend that they be treated so that there are no scars and scars in the future.
This is how the sexual development of boys manifests itself. In this period or a little later, adolescents can enter into the first sexual relationship. Therefore, an 11-year-old child needs to explain what contraceptives are and how to use them.
The behavior of the adolescent, just like the character, changes dramatically. Many psychologists are sure that the characterization of adolescence is very complicated. Some experts say the opposite. In their opinion, if the child behaves as expected, to be his friend, then everything happens in an easy form. And if the parents are more likely to take care of their teenager, then he can become stubborn and rude from the obedient and kind child. With adults, arguing for him becomes commonplace. Scientists have identified common signs of adolescence in boys, but every child has it individually. Some have before, others have much later. Sexual development of boys can occur as very calmly, and very violently, affecting the character. In any case, parents should be vigilant and behave in accordance with the evolving situation.
What are the psychological signs of transitional age in boys? These include the following:
- Adolescents are located in conflict situations, without a riot they can not imagine their existence.
- Painfully react to any situation, it seems to them that they have no friends, and their enemies surround them (including parents).
- Teenagers underestimate self-esteem, and from this it becomes psychologically unbearable for them to live.
- With the opinion of adults at this age are not considered at all, but the same age will listen with pleasure.
- Very sharply react to criticism, there is aggression, from which it becomes bad to all around.
- They learn only from their mistakes.
- They are not afraid of suicide, do not understand what pain their own words about the opportunity to commit suicide bring to their relatives.
- They are angry with their parents if they control them.
- Throw out all their negative on others, demonstratively obstinate. In addition, many children are fighting with adults, not only with words, but also with the use of physical strength.
- They want love, understanding and attention of parents. They desperately need help and moral support.
Each teenager has its own characteristics, both physiological and psychological. But we must remember that they are still children. The age of 12-14 years is considered to be the most difficult and problematic, as the children refuse to listen to any suggestion. Approximately to 17 years they calm down and begin to perceive their importance in life. If the son does not have enough attention, love, care, then he takes it very painfully. He may have the confidence that he is indifferent to everything. Therefore, parents are obliged to behave with the child in a way that their child could not doubt their love.
The problems of the transitional age can be avoided, and the mother should help her in this way, surrounded by love and care. The father, as a rule, does not nurse with the child. Therefore, a child in adolescence will not feel his affection and tenderness. Mom helps his love and support his son, because he now needs to feel necessary. That's why parents need to be close to their teenage child. Of course, you should be friends with him, but do not be afraid to be strict, if necessary. It is impossible that a child, as they say, "sat down on his neck."
If a teenager has problems that he thinks are serious, then parents should be sensitive and understanding. It is impossible to laugh at his problems or feelings, as this can lead to the development of complexes. Note that when specialists describe the psychological and physical development of a teenager, they have in mind a general direction. Therefore, parents need to take into account the individuality and character of their child.
Now you know the characteristics of adolescents, as well as what changes occur to it in the transition period. Be attentive to your children, surround them with love and care, and respect their personality.