Why towels after washing in the machine hard? Washing tips
After the purchase of towels everyone wants to enjoy their softness for a long time. Unfortunately, there is often a situation where after a small number of washings such products lose their tenderness. This is the result of improper care. Why towels after washing in the machine hard? How to properly wash and dry? Is it possible to restore the softness and tenderness of the product? The answers to these and other questions can be found below in the article.
Why towels after washing in the machine hard?
Any housewife knows that a quality wash Terry products is not an easy process. But both want to keep their original softness.
If we consider such a towel, using a magnifying glass will be seen that the Terry product consists of loop-like fibers. They give the fabric softness and elasticity and allows it to absorb moisture. If the towels wrong to care for, these loops cease to hold the shape. As a result, the once soft and gentle Terry cloth product becomes hard and poorly absorbs moisture.
The tissue structure is damaged due to the use of improperly selected detergent, incorrect washing and drying. Also Terry products lose their softness due to the interaction with hard water.
Now you know why towels after washing in the machine hard. It's time to talk about the proper care of these products.
Pre-soaking of towels
How to wash Terry towel if it is very dirty? In this case, it will help the pre-soaking. This procedure will contribute to better removal of various stains. And added to the vinegar water will keep the towel fabric soft and gentle.
The proportions of preparation of solution the following: 15-20 ml of vinegar to 1 liter of warm water. Moreover, a soaking of towels helps remove even tough stains, for example grease.
The basic rules of washing of towels
Major tips to wash Terry products with the following:
- Use canvas or net bags to towels are not rubbing on the drum of the washing machine.
- You must separate the white items from the colored to avoid shedding. Modern colourants, though have a resistance, but sometimes it happens that a bright, towels are exposed to accidental staining.
- It is not recommended to wash towels products, which is decorated with metallic or plastic elements. These hard items can damage the pile.
- You should not wash wet towel. It must be pre-dried. Otherwise, you may experience a musty smell. If such an unpleasant odor has already occurred, it is recommended to ventilate the towel in the fresh air for several hours, then wash it the normal way.
Choosing the right detergent
The main mistake in the care of Terry stuff is using the wrong detergents. It is strictly forbidden to use washing powder. "Tide", "Ariel" and other advertised facilities are also not suitable. Because the particles of the powdery means is driven into the fibers of the fabric and make the cell rigid.
For washing towels, you should choose liquid detergents in the form of gels. They are well washed out of the thread loops that make up bath products, without their rigidity.
If you have no opportunity to use liquid detergent, after washing the towels should be thoroughly rinsed.
You should not use bleach when caring for Terry products. Because this remedy also penetrates deep into the tissue and imparts excessive stiffness. How to wash towels that were heavily contaminated? It is better to use ammonia or cleaning soap, causing one of the tools directly on the stain before washing. After some time need rinse the thing in warm water. And only after that to start machine washable.
Choosing the right program for the washing of towels
When you select a program the washing machine, you should use the following guidelines:
- The optimum water temperature is 30-40 °C. the allowed maximum of 60 °C. Before washing is necessary to pay attention to the label, which indicates the recommended washing parameters.
- Pressing Terry products recommended on low rpm from 500 to 700 per minute. You could even forgo this option. This will only prolong the lifespan of the towels. If you use intensive extraction, the fibers become stretched Terry, cease to hold the shape and, accordingly, no longer cope with their functions.
- It is strongly recommended not to use cost-effective modes of washing, because in such programs the machine throughout the work cycle uses a limited amount of water. Terry products are able to absorb large amounts of moisture. If the water is not enough, the towels will become stiff and can even shrink in size. For this reason, you should not load the drum machine more than 2/3. It is recommended to install at least three rinses. The water in this process must be present in sufficient quantity. It was under these conditions, detergent residues are removed and the towels will end up soft and fluffy.
The use of mouthwash
Another way how to make towels soft after washing is to use a conditioning rinse. This tool restores the structure of the tissue and making Terry products softer to the touch.
The important point is choosing the right mouthwash. You should choose the means which includes the silicone. And don't need to use much conditioner. Indeed, in this case it will cover each villus towels that will reduce the hygroscopicity of Terry products.
You can also rinse the towels after washing in a vinegar solution. This will also give them softness.
How to dry Terry products?
These are washing tips, by which you can keep bath things soft and fluffy. However, another important process is the drying of such products.
Before you hang towels to dry, it is recommended that a good shake every one of them. This will help the Terry loops take the right shape.
Terry products do not like direct sunlight. After drying in such conditions they become rigid, and restore the towels in this case will be extremely difficult.
The soft Terry products will remain after drying in the fresh air. You need to hang them in a shady place. If windy, it will be an additional plus. Because the wind will quickly deliver towels from the remaining moisture and will not deteriorate the properties of the fabric. With this method of drying need to make sure things don't dry out.
If there is no possibility to hang towels in the fresh air, the apartment the best place for this is a bathroom. Because the humidity in this room is higher than in other areas.
If there is a special drying machine, be sure to take advantage of it. When using such a device the towels remain soft and tender.
Terry things do not like being ironed. Because the shape of the eyelets changed, they become flattened. As a result, the towel becomes stiff. It is recommended to replace the iron steamer.
How to recover a towel that was hard?
To restore Terry products there are several ways:
- Hard towel, it is recommended to wash again, following the above advice. Water it is recommended to soften, using a special tablet for washing machines or capsule for hand washing. After you have to dip the product in a solution of common salt at least 40 minutes. This will have a favorable impact on fiber Terry and straighten them. After the specified time you need to squeeze the towel with your hands, shake well and allow to dry.
- Terry product, which lost its soft and fluffy, it should be soaked in a large quantity of cold water overnight. In the morning, the towel must be rinsed and dried. Clean water will help remove detergent residues that led to the coarsening of the product.
- Hard towel, it is recommended to steam. The stream of hot humid air will return to the Terry loops in the initial state.
Why towels after washing in the machine hard? The reason for this can be a number of factors. The softness of the Terry things influence the process of washing, drying, Ironing, choice of detergent and conditioner. There are several ways that can help to restore the properties of the hardened tissue. If in the care of towels to follow the information in the article, Terry products will remain soft, tender and fluffy on the duration of use.