The first trimester is how many weeks? Meal in the first trimester
The happy or sad news of pregnancy often overtakes a woman by surprise, since conception occurs much earlier than a future mother will find out about it. At a time when she finally realizes the fact of the future of motherhood, microscopic organs, systems, structure and appearance of the child are already actively forming in her womb. This period is called the first trimester of pregnancy. In this connection, the question arises: "The first trimester is how many weeks?" What should be eaten in the early stages and how to deal with the "great and terrible" toxicosis? Answers to all these and other questions concerning the first trimester of pregnancy, in our article.
Formation of the embryo - timing and threats
Normal pregnancy of the expectant mother lasts about 40 weeks (3 terms). During this time, the microscopic cell, gradually developing and improving, passes its first difficult path - from the fertilized egg to the fetus, to eventually become a human being. For 40 weeks, the mother's body is nurtured by a future being who is preparing for an independent life. It is in the early stages of pregnancy that the most important events for the child's future take place - all vital organs are formed. Therefore, the question of whether the first trimester is how many weeks, is set not out of idle curiosity, but in order to provide all the conditions for the normal course of pregnancy.
The first term is the term from the first day of the last menstruation to the end of the 12th week. This period is considered the most difficult in the life of women, especially those who decided to experience the happiness of motherhood for the first time. And the most dangerous in terms of the existence of a real threat of miscarriage due to hormonal imbalance, genetic and immunological diseases of the mother, banal infections, the existence of pathologies, abnormalities in the structure of genital organs and other abnormalities.
Ways to combat bad health
The first trimester is characterized by an active reorganization of the organism of the future mother. The main feature of this period is the increase in the blood of the hormone progesterone, which is vital for the embryo, but it can cause unpleasant sensations in the pregnant woman in the form of dizziness, weakness, constipation and toxicosis. There are also inevitable external changes: a significant increase in the breast, the appearance of age spots, weight loss due to toxicosis. Fatigue, drowsiness, apathy, mood swings, bloating - frequent symptoms in the early stages of pregnancy. In addition, problems such as frequent urination, thrush, syncope, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting may occur.
What to do in such cases? Try to walk more often, drink more liquid (7-8 glasses a day), eat right (about this a little lower), make frequent breaks in work, perform a set of special physical exercises and adjust yourself only to positive emotions.
"Great and terrible", or How to deal with toxemia in the first trimester?
Toxicosis is the most unpleasant phenomenon when a child is born, which is caused by a change in the hormonal background of the mother. It is accompanied, as a rule, by nausea, vomiting, headaches, increased fatigue, intolerance to certain odors. In every woman, it proceeds in different ways: some suffer from toxicosis during the entire period of pregnancy, while in others it appears only slightly. However, the latter is too happy to be happy. According to doctors, the more toxicosis in the early stages, the easier it will be to continue pregnancy.
How to deal with toxemia in the first trimester? Follow the simple rules:
- Full sleep (7-9 hours).
- Regular walks in the fresh air (preferably not alone).
- Eating small amounts several times a day.
- Frequent chewing (nuts, dried fruits, apples, crackers).
- Eating foods rich in protein (beans, seeds, milk, fish, meat), calcium (dairy products, cabbage, bread).
- Preference for liquid and semi-liquid foods, vegetables and fruits.
- Drink mineral water, cranberry or orange juice, tea with lemon, mint infusion.
- Take B vitamins.
Many future mothers are asked questions about what needs to be done, where to seek advice (to a mother, a doctor, an experienced friend or a familiar grandmother) and whether to register for early pregnancy. In the first trimester, the woman's tummy is almost invisible, but this is no excuse to refuse the doctor's help.Enroll in a women's consultation at the place of registration or become registered in a paid clinic should be no later than the end of the period, having passed the necessary blood tests, urine, smears and ultrasound. In addition, prenatal screening (ultrasound and biochemical screening) can be performed, with the help of which possible risk groups and deviations in fetal development are identified.
Threat of miscarriage - causes and measures
As mentioned above, the first trimester is dangerous with a high degree of risk in terms of spontaneous abortion. The frequency of such cases is 10-20%. The causes of miscarriage can be:
- Violation of the hormonal background (low level of progesterone in the blood, etc.).
- Infectious and acute inflammatory diseases of the genital and internal organs. In the first case - this ureaplasmosis, chlamydia, mycoplasmosis, cytomegalovirus, trichomoniasis, viral herpes. In the second - rubella, tonsillitis, influenza, appendicitis, pyelonephritis, pneumonia. Causes of abortion - high temperature, oxygen starvation, intoxication.
- Genetic abnormalities and pathologies of the genitals and, as a result, the inability of the body to bear a child.
- Injuries (fractures of bones, bruises, concussion of the body, etc.).
- Malnutrition in the early stages of pregnancy.
- Neuropsychiatric disorders (severe stress, depression).
- Chronic diseases of the future mother (hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, pyelonephritis).
- Harmful habits (smoking, alcohol abuse).
- Repercussion, heavy physical work, unfavorable working conditions.
- Uncontrolled reception of the strongest drugs.
With a beginning miscarriage, there are spotting, sharp pains in the lower abdomen. Bleeding can be short, prolonged, intermittent, hardly noticeable, and pain - strong and weak. In any of these cases, you should immediately consult a doctor.
In this case, the question of whether the first trimester is how many weeks is vital is vital, since it is during this period that the risk of abortion is high.
Pregnancy makes a lot of changes in the life of the future mother - she has to give up tight clothes, high heels, unhealthy foods and bad habits - anything that can harm a child's health. Of great importance in pregnancy is proper nutrition, which differs in each of the three trimesters. Here at mums the question can arise: the trimester - how many it weeks or months? One trimester is 12 weeks or 3 months. Each trimester is an important stage in the development of the embryo, which requires special attention in terms of nutrition, examination and exercise.
With regard to the right diet, then go to a healthy and healthy food, say smoking, alcohol and some medicines: "No!" Is still in the planning period of pregnancy. However, in many cases the fact of conception becomes an unexpected event, and therefore doctors advise to pay attention to their diet in the first trimester.
What can and should be eaten?
The widespread opinion that the future mother should eat for two, promptly emptying the store of a refrigerator and eating everything that gets under the arm (more precisely, under the teeth) is wrong. Food in the first trimester should consist of a complex of nutrients, not extra calories. It is recommended to limit the consumption of roasted meat, fish (replacing them with boiled dishes), fatty foods and confectionery. Salty and acidic foods (cucumbers, cabbage, herring) are allowed in moderation. Try not to miss lunch or breakfast, dinner is easy. Ideally, you should eat 4-5 times a day in small portions.
The ration of a pregnant woman in the first trimester looks like this:
- First breakfast: fruit, a portion of cereal, toast with butter. It should contain 30% of the calorific value of all daily meals.
- Lunch (2-3 hours): 1-2 fruit or fruit salad, eggs, cottage cheese. Caloric content - 20%.
- Lunch: chicken, beef or vegetable broth, boiled meat, cereals, salad (vegetable or fruit). Lunch includes 40% of calories.
- Dinner: fish, meat, legumes, puree, fruit, confectionery (no more than one serving). Calorie content is 10%.
- Before going to bed, 3-4 egg whites, a glass of yogurt, yogurt are recommended.
Proper nutrition in the early stages of pregnancy includes only the most useful products containing protein (fish, meat, dairy products, cereals, vegetables). Full proteins and amino acids, necessary for a future mother, are in kefir, yogurt, cottage cheese and cheese. Satisfy the body's need for carbohydrates can be foods rich in fiber - whole-wheat bread, berries, vegetables, fruits. It is desirable to eat fats of vegetable origin - sunflower, corn and olive oil. Nutrition, dried fruits, pasta and yoghurt must be present in the diet.
It is recommended to completely abandon alcohol, semi-finished products, strong tea, instant coffee and fast food. Boiled coffee, sweets and salines are allowed, but in small quantities. If a woman in the early stages of pregnancy expresses a desire to eat lime, clay, chalk, salt and other "amazing things" - this indicates a lack of calcium salts in the body. The diet in such cases is revised and adjusted to calcium-containing foods, and also take special vitamin complexes.
In the early stages, it is necessary to use vitamins to ensure growth and normal development of the embryo. The choice of a specific vitamin-mineral complex is better for the doctor, who will appoint exactly what is needed for the future mother in this period. More often than not, many women feel a lack of vitamin B.
The main vitamins in the first trimester, which the body needs:
- Vitamin A - formation of the organs of vision, skeleton, normalization of intrauterine development.
- Magnesium, vitamin E - reduce the risk of miscarriage.
- Folic acid, zinc, copper - are necessary for the prevention of malformations in the development of the child.
- Vitamins of group B - contribute to the normal formation of the fetus, protect the mother's body from infections and pregnancy disruption, relieve toxicosis.
- Vitamin C - strengthens the immune system of the mother and the heart of the baby.
- Vitamin PP - provides cellular respiration of the baby and reduces the risk of developmental abnormalities.
- Vitamin D and calcium - form the skeleton, teeth, bone tissue, strengthen the walls of the vessels.
The main condition when taking vitamin complexes - do not go too far with drugs and take them only as prescribed by the doctor.
The first 14 weeks of life are the most dangerous for an embryo. At this stage, a woman should limit physical activity and refuse intense sports activities, since any tension in the abdominal muscles, such as a press, can lead to a miscarriage. However, in the first trimester of pregnancy of the expectant mother, breathing exercises, hip training and yoga are simply necessary.
Since the stomach in the early stages of pregnancy is hardly distinguishable, you can perform a complex of simple physical exercises:
- Lean on the back of the chair (the seat should be on the other side) and make light squats, spreading the legs to the sides. Heels should not be torn off the floor. Do not forget about the smoothness and deliberation of movements.
- Straighten, put your feet to the width of your shoulders, draw your arms around the chest and press your hands firmly against each other, feeling the functioning of the pectoral muscles. On inhalation, the palms should be squeezed, on exhalation - to direct the brush towards the breast, without weakening the tension.
- Do not change the pose, do the movements of the pelvis in different directions, slightly bending the knees.
- Sit on the floor with your legs crossed. Straighten your back, and stretch your arms out so that they lightly touch the floor. On inspiration, raise your left arm up, and tilt the body to the right, leaning with the palm of your right hand on the floor. On exhalation, return to the starting position. The exercise is performed at least 5 times in each direction.
- Put your hands on your stomach, making deep breaths and exhalations. On the first approach, breathe only with your nose, leaving your chest still. On the second - lift your chest on your breath, leaving your stomach still. This breathing exercise should be performed daily, once a day. It will teach you how to breathe properly during childbirth, and they will pass almost painlessly.
For each term there is a certain set of physical and breathing exercises. Classes throughout the pregnancy will help keep future moms in shape and give birth without complications and difficulties.
Undoubtedly, a woman has to overcome many more difficulties, dangers and problems with well-being. What's the only thing worth rejecting your favorite fast food, strong coffee or an invigorating morning run! But a radical change in the habitual way of life is not an excuse to give up the happiness of motherhood. And even if you have a very short period of pregnancy, but you are already exhausted with toxicosis, you often wonder about the first trimester - this is how many weeks, and absolutely do not imagine yourself a caring mother. However, the first cry of the newborn will give you incomparable joy - the happiness of motherhood, which will push all the ups and downs of pregnancy into the background.