Packages for freezing food: harvest vegetables and fruits with the mind
How can it be simple and least expensive to store vitamins in vegetables, fruits and greens for the whole winter? Of course, freeze them. Help you in this case, the most common packages for freezing products.
Packages can be any price category or manufacturer. The main thing is that the following conditions are met:
- Tare should be impermeable to oil, grease and any liquid.
- Package under the influence of low temperature should not tear or crack.
- The package should protect the products stored in it from external unpleasant odors well.
- Especially valuable are the packages for freezing products with a lock, because they will keep your supplies securely and reliably.
What can be the packages?
Some people use ordinary plastic bags for freezing products, rejoicing at their low price. However, this should not be done - plastic bags are mostly made from recycled materials, so if they are stored for a long time (let alone freeze), they can release harmful substances in them. Products can change color or smell, gain an unpleasant aftertaste. And all because polyethylene is not designed for freezing! Packages for freezing products, the price of which is not so great, will do much better. In the store you can buy high-tech bags and films for storage and freezing of products that can be used repeatedly. This container is hermetically sealed and reliable. In addition, the packages often have a window for entries. There you can put information about the date of freezing the product. Packages for freezing products with a fastener are very convenient to use, when cooking you easily take the right amount of component. In the fridge, they do not take up much space.
General rules for freezing food
- Try to freeze food as soon as possible after buying or collecting. The fresher it will be, the longer it can be stored without losing important properties and qualities.
- Be aware that not all products are subject to freezing (see the same article below for a list of prohibited products).
- If you want to freeze the prepared food, then at first it should be completely cooled. So it will remain better.
- Packages for freezing foods are often used as containers for storing berries. But it is important to thoroughly rinse berries or vegetables before freezing, to free of excess garbage. If the product is too large, cut it. Discuss the fruits on the tray and in this form, freeze. Only then the berries or fruit are gently poured into the packages for freezing food. If you want the fruits to retain the maximum taste, aroma and aesthetic appearance, then lower them first into sugar syrup.
- To preserve the taste, color and vitamins in vegetables before the process of freezing, they are blanched in boiling water.
Which products should not be subjected to prolonged freezing?
There are a number of foods that are never worth storing in the freezer. If you do, you will get a completely different product after defrosting, losing its taste and initial consistency. Cabbage, cucumber, radish and radish after defrosting will become excessively watery, change the taste and smell. True, pickled cucumbers and cabbage can still be frozen. Do not store ready-made fried foods in the freezer - they will lose an attractive crust and become bitter. Do not expose to long exposure to low temperatures boiled eggs and pasta, potatoes and dairy products.
Packages for freezing can greatly facilitate the life of any hostess. But do not forget that you also need to defrost the products properly!