Packages for freezing food: harvest vegetables and fruits with the mind
How can it be simple and least expensive to store vitamins in vegetables, fruits and greens for the whole winter? Of course, freeze them. Help you in this case, the most common packages for freezing products.
Packages can be of any price category or manufacturer. The main thing is to meet the following conditions:
- The container must be impermeable to oil, grease and any liquid.
- Package under the influence of low temperature should not break or crack.
- The package should protect well the products stored in it from external unpleasant odors.
- Especially valuable are the packages for freezing products with a lock, because they will keep your supplies securely and reliably.
What packages can be?
Some people use ordinary plastic bags for freezing products, rejoicing at their low price. However, this should not be done - plastic bags are mostly made from recycled materials, so if they are stored for a long time (let alone freeze), they can release harmful substances in them. Products can change color or smell, gain an unpleasant aftertaste. And all because polyethylene is not designed for freezing! Packages for freezing products, the price of which is not so great, will do much better. In the store you can buy high-tech bags and films for storage and freezing of products that can be used repeatedly. This container is hermetically sealed and reliable. In addition, the packages often have a window for entries. There you can put information about the date of freezing the product. Packages for freezing products with a fastener are very convenient to use, when cooking you easily take the right amount of component. In the fridge, they do not take up much space.
General rules for freezing products
- Try to freeze foods as soon as possible after purchase or collection. The fresher it is, the longer it can be stored without losing important properties and qualities.
- Be aware that not all products are frozen (see the list of prohibited products in the same article below).
- If you wish to freeze the ready-made food, then at first it is worth it to cool completely. So it will continue better.
- Packages for freezing foods are often used as containers for storing berries. But it is important to thoroughly rinse berries or vegetables before freezing, to free of excess garbage. If the product is too large, cut it. Discuss the fruits on the tray and in this form, freeze. Only then the berries or fruit are gently poured into the packages for freezing food. If you want the fruits to retain the maximum taste, aroma and aesthetic appearance, then lower them first into sugar syrup.
- To preserve the taste, color and vitamins in vegetables, they are blanched in boiling water before the freezing process.
Which products should not be subjected to prolonged freezing?
There are a number of foods that should never be stored in a freezer. If you do this, after defrosting, you will get a completely different product, which has lost its taste and original consistency. Cabbage, cucumber, radish and radish after defrosting will become excessively watery, change the taste and smell. True, pickled cucumbers and cabbage can still be frozen. Do not store ready-made fried foods in the freezer - they will lose an attractive crust and become bitter. Do not expose to long exposure to low temperatures boiled eggs and pasta, potatoes and dairy products.
Packages for freezing can significantly facilitate the life of any hostess. But do not forget that the products must also be properly defrosted!