Pregnancy using iodine
Now to determine pregnancy in the early period is not a problem. For these purposes there are a variety of tests. But a few decades ago, such means in our country. Women learned about the occurrence of fertilization of different national methods. One of these is a method of determining pregnancy with iodine. By the way, and to this day he is trusted by many women and is used, along with medical tests. Not to say that the results of this study show a perfect result. But still, a certain share of probability, and quite considerable, that that test will reveal the truth there. How to determine pregnancy with iodine? Options run this test there are two. In this article we will look at them.
The preparatory phase
To perform this experiment, as the definition of pregnancy with iodine, besides medical facilities, you will need the following materials: a sheet of paper or cloth, pipette, small glass bowl. To obtain reliable results, it is recommended to study both methods.
Method # 1: urine and paper
Collect a small amount of morning urine. Her wet white paper towel. Put this kind of test on a flat surface and using a medical pipette, apply one or two drops of iodine. If the drug, once on paper, it does not change its color, there is brown, then pregnancy is not. That woman is in a position to say when the color of this drug has been lilac or purple. What is the secret of this phenomenon? Iodine is a good oxidizing agent and is reacted with metals. During pregnancy in the urine of the expectant mother appears a number of these elements. They reacts with iodine, contribute to the fact that it changes color.
Method # 2: "a drop in the ocean"
Definition of pregnancy by means of iodine by this method assumes the presence of a clean container. In a glass or jar and collect fresh urine. Put the pot on the table and wait for the urine it stops swaying. Then gently pour a solution of iodine medical. The result is define by the following criteria. If the droplet on the surface of urine is kept whole, you can say that you are pregnant. It also happens that the iodine first, sinking in the liquid, and then POPs up. If that drop continues to hold its shape, the result is considered positive. But the fact that fertilization did not happen, said the fact, when a solution of iodine in urine blurred.
Rules for the implementation of the test
How to conduct the test with iodine for pregnancy, you know. But the results can be considered correct only when it is conducted in compliance with all requirements. And a lot of them. Take a look at the basic rules of the test run.
- To perform the study should be in a sterile environment. So, before you collect your urine, you should conduct hygiene, namely washing the labia and opening of the urethra. To do so, preferably ordinary baby soap. The use of hygiene products with fragrances and dyes can affect the chemical composition of urine and distort the result of the study. After washing, Pat your genitals dry paper or textiles (pre-ironed) towel.
- To perform the test in the morning using fresh urine. Carry out the procedure of the study immediately after urine collection.
- Drip medical iodine solution should be very carefully. To do this, hold the pipette close to the surface of urine. If you run this action from a height, the drop may simply be broken during the connection with the urine, and then, of course, the test result will be inaccurate.
- Pipette for research need to take clean. If you've used it before at other medical facilities, first wash it and treat with boiling water the glass portion. If you want the definition of pregnancy with iodine was as accurate as possible, for the test, take a new pipette.
- Container to collect urine, use sterile. Can be purchased at the pharmacy are special vessels or boil ordinary glass tumbler or jar. But keep in mind that pot after processing should be cool. In hot receptacle to collect the urine impossible. High temperatures can affect its composition and thus on the result of the experiment.
In terms of conduct, the definition of pregnancy in iodine?
Women who not once performed a similar test, claim that his results are true only in the early stages of pregnancy, namely up to ten weeks. Later, however, to conduct such a study makes no sense. Expectant mother by this time, without any experiments already understand that goes with the little man.
Trust, but verify!
Definition of pregnancy by iodine may not be the most truthful, and you should not trust this experiment a hundred percent. To find out, it is the fertilization or not, conduct additional research. These include pharmacy Express tests that are easily and quickly done at home and show results with accuracy of 90-95%. To precisely determine you are pregnant or not can be only in a medical facility. For this you need to pass inspection at the gynecologist, ultrasound, and blood tests. And only after this examination you will know the exact result.
In this article, you received information about how to check pregnancy with the help of iodine, and what conditions must be created for the execution of such studies. Remember that these tests are not a guarantee that you see the end result. Therefore, their implementation should be not so much to obtain accurate data as to satisfy his curiosity. Very often, a medical examination shows a completely opposite result to that which was shown in the experiment with a solution of iodine.