Definition of pregnancy with iodine
Now to determine pregnancy at the earliest possible dates is not a problem. For these purposes, there are various tests. But a few decades ago, there were no such funds in our country. Women learned about the onset of fertilization by various folk methods. One of these is the method of determining pregnancy with iodine. By the way, many women still trust him to this day and use them on a par with medical tests. It can not be said that the results of such a study show a 100% result. Nevertheless, there is a certain amount of probability, and quite considerable, that this test will show the truth, is. How to determine pregnancy with iodine? There are two options for doing this test. In this article we will look at them.
In order to conduct an experiment such as determining pregnancy with iodine, in addition to this medicine, you will need the following materials: a sheet of paper or a tissue, a pipette, a small glass container. To obtain reliable results, it is recommended to conduct a study by both methods.
Method number 1: urine and paper
Collect a small amount of morning urine. Wet her with a white paper napkin. Put this peculiar test on a flat surface and apply one or two drops of iodine with a medical pipette. If the drug, hitting the paper, does not change its color, that is, it remains brown, then there is no pregnancy. The fact that a woman in position, you can talk when the color of this drug has become purple or purple. What is the secret of this phenomenon? Iodine is a good oxidizer and perfectly reacts with metals. During pregnancy, a number of these elements appear in the urine of the expectant mother. They, reacting with iodine, contribute to the fact that it changes color.
Method number 2: "drop in the ocean"
The determination of pregnancy with iodine by this method assumes the presence of pure capacity. In a glass or a jar, collect fresh urine. Place the container on the table and wait until the urine in it stops shaking. Then gently drip the iodine solution. The result is determined by the following characteristics. If the droplet on the surface of urine is held intact, then we can say that you are pregnant. It also happens that iodine first drowns in the liquid, and then floats up. If during this time the drop keeps its shape, the result is considered positive. But the fact that fertilization did not happen, says the fact that the solution of iodine blurred in urine.
Test execution rules
How to conduct a test with iodine on pregnancy, you learned. But its results can be considered correct only when it is conducted in compliance with all requirements. And there are many of them. Let's get acquainted with the basic rules of the test.
- Perform the test in a sterile environment. Therefore, before collecting urine, you should conduct hygienic procedures, namely washing the labia and the opening of the urethra. It should be done with usual baby soap. The use of hygiene products with flavors and dyes can affect the chemical composition of urine and distort the result of the study. After washing, blot the genitals with a dry paper towel or a textile (pre-ironed) towel.
- It is necessary to perform the test in the morning, using fresh urine. Carry out the procedure immediately after collection of urine.
- Dripping a medical iodine solution should be very careful. For this, bring the pipette close to the urine surface. If you perform this action from a height, then the droplet can simply break during the connection with urine, and then, of course, the test result will be inaccurate.
- The pipette for research should be taken clean. If you have used it previously in working with other medical devices, then first wash it and treat the glass part with boiling water. If you want the definition of pregnancy with iodine to be as accurate as possible, take a new pipette for the test.
- The container for collecting urine should be sterile. You can buy in the pharmacy special vessels or boil an ordinary glass jar or jar. But keep in mind that the vessel after the treatment should be cooled. In a hot container you can not collect urine. High temperature can affect its composition and, accordingly, the result of the experiment.
At what time can iodine be measured?
Women who have repeatedly performed such a test, claim that his results are most true only in the early stages of pregnancy, namely up to ten weeks. However, later to conduct such an investigation there is no sense. Future mother by this time without any experiments will already understand what is wearing a little man under the heart.
Trust but check!
Determination of pregnancy with iodine can not be considered the most truthful, and one should not trust such an experiment for one hundred percent. In order to find out whether fertilization has occurred or not, additional studies should be carried out. These include pharmacy express tests, which are easily and quickly performed at home and show the result with an accuracy of 90-95%. It is absolutely possible to determine whether you are pregnant or not, only in a medical institution. For this, you need to undergo an examination with a gynecologist, an ultrasound examination, and take a blood test. And only after such a survey you will know the exact result.
In this article, you have received information on how to test your pregnancy with iodine, and what conditions you need to create for doing such research. Remember that these tests are not a guarantee of what you saw in the final result. Therefore, their conduct should not be so much to obtain accurate data, but to satisfy their curiosity. Very often, a medical examination shows an absolutely opposite result to that shown by the experiment with an iodine solution.