Knife Zhbanova: production, characteristics, testimonials
In 2008, new positions appeared on the shelves with various models of cold steel. The Russian company "The Damaged Knife" presented its products on the market. Among consumers, it became known as the workshop of Zhbanov (the company's director is Alexei Zhbanov). Despite the initially strong competition, the company quickly took the leading place among the developed manufacturers, and the products produced by it received their faithful admirers. The location of the company is the city of Vorsma, the center of knife production in Russia.
What knives does the workshop produce?
The "knife-knife" produces cutting products of various categories: tourist, hunting, folding, sirloin, throwing, fishing, kitchen. In the assortment there are also gift and exclusive knives of Zhbanov. Customer testimonials indicate a unique design and high quality of both classic and modern cutting products.
What kind of steel is used in production?
Despite the name, this manufacturer is not limited only to bulat steel. The knife of Zhbanov can be made of any other material: damask or diamond steel, grades 65 x 13 and 95 x 18, X12MF, etc. Often, masters use a quick-cutter. In the workshop, steel is subjected to high-quality heat treatment in accordance with GOST. Each knife of Zhbanov has the necessary hardness, elasticity, elasticity and high cutting properties.
Material for handles and covers
For the manufacture of handles knives masters use such tree species as walnut, birch, birch bark, ebony wenge, bubingo. Handles are represented by different manufacturing options. In the production of gift knives, the technologies of brass and cupronickel casting are applied. Each set includes a leather case.
Uniqueness of design
The masters of the company create absolutely exclusive and very effective models of knives. This product was found by the buyer mainly among those who wish to emphasize their individuality. The knives of the workshop of Zhbanov are covered with elegant twisted ornament depicting different scenes on the hunting theme. In the process of making handles, the technology of artistic woodcarving is used. Despite the uniqueness of the design and elegance, the knife of Zhbanov is not devoid of practicality - it is ideal for outdoor recreation and for everyday use.
One of the most popular models of cutting products of the Zhbanov workshop, ideally suited for field conditions, is the "Beaver" knife. With this tool it is easy to separate the carcass of the extracted beast, to make a cutting. To improve control over the process and prevent possible damage to the skin of the beast, the masters provided for a small decrease in the tip of the blade. Its shape is characterized by simplicity of outlines, the blade can easily be sharpened.
Masters widely use such material as birch bark, making skins of Zhbanov. User feedback on this wood is exceptionally positive: the handles made from this tree species are ideal for field conditions, since this material has low thermal conductivity and high resistance to wetting. Such properties are due to the high tar content, which prevents the conductivity of heat and moisture deep into the tree, and also performs disinfecting functions - prevents the processes of decay and multiplication of various microorganisms. Due to these qualities, birch bark is indispensable for the design of knife arms, which are designed for work in the forest.
Characteristics of the knife
- The size of the product is 255 mm.
- The length of the blade is 135 mm.
- The length of the handle is 120 mm.
- The width of the blade is 35 mm.
- The hardness is 67 HRC.
- The thickness of the handle is 25 mm.
- Thickness of the butt - 4 mm.
- The grade of the steel used is 95 x 18 (forged).
In the manufacture of blades by the masters of the "Damaged Knife" company, Austrian molybdenum-vanadium steel Elmax is used. Its high cutting properties are ensured by the presence of small carbides, which was the result of the latest developments in powder metallurgy. For such steel, high strength and resistance to corrosion processes are characteristic.
"Wolf": knife with a chromo-molybdenum-vanadium blade
- The length of the product is 267 mm.
- The length of the blade is 143 mm.
- The width of the blade is 38 mm.
- The thickness is 3.9 mm.
- The hardness of steel is 65 HRC.
- Knife handles are made of black hornbeam, nickel silver.
- The production of sheath is made of genuine leather.
Knife "Wolf" is sold complete with scabbards and a certificate.
How to care for knives?
Knives products Vorsmskogo production, despite the high characteristics of materials, need care. Masters of Bulat recommend that consumers follow the recommendations to extend the operational life of their products:
- Before inserting the knife into the sheath, the blade must be thoroughly wiped off from moisture and other contaminants.
- Dry the wet scabbard better at room temperature.
- For genuine leather, cracking and drying are common. In order to keep the sheath longer, they should be rubbed with castor oil.
- To care for wooden handles, masters recommend such products as linseed oil, drying oil and wax.
- The blade should not be used as a screwdriver, chisel or openers.
- It is not recommended to sharpen the blade with mechanical devices, as this causes heating, from which the cutting edge of the knife loses its original hardness.
Knife Zhbanova can be a good gift for the most demanding connoisseur.