Is it possible to do a pregnancy test in the evening? Will the test show pregnancy in the evening?
The delay of the menstrual cycle makes every woman worry. What is the reason? Pregnancy, health problems, or all of the blame recently suffered stress? It is unlikely that someone will immediately go to the hospital to find out the reason, each of the women will find their explanation for what is happening. Someone is holding his fists, hoping with all his heart that at last a long-awaited pregnancy has come. Or maybe the lady, on the contrary, is not yet ready to become a mother. And each of these women of childbearing age with joy, excitement, fear in the shower or in an absolutely calm state, most likely, immediately go to the pharmacy for a pregnancy test in order to resolve their doubts.
Most manufacturers recommend testing in the morning when the level of hCG hormone is at the highest level. But if it's still a long time to wait until the morning, and you are already uneasy, then the question arises whether it is possible to do a pregnancy test in the evening. To answer it, you first need to understand by what principle they work.
Principle of the test
Modern tests can determine pregnancy after 1-2 weeks from the moment of conception.
The test itself looks like a thin strip, sensitive to the hormone of pregnancy - human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). It begins to develop after the fertilized egg is fixed in the body. From the blood, the hormone enters the urine. It is believed that its highest concentration is achieved after a night's sleep.
Will the test show the pregnancy in the evening, if you carefully approach his choice? Whether the level of sensitivity of the test depends on its manufacturer, type and price - this is discussed in the next paragraph of the article.
How to choose the right test
Tests for pregnancy are of several types:
- test strip - its popularity is due to its low cost;
- tablet tests are more expensive, but you only need two drops to find out the result;
- inkjet tests are very convenient to use: you do not need to look for capacity, worry about how to not drop the strip during the test and not spoil the test.
If it is necessary to determine pregnancy as early as possible, it is better to use innovative tests, although they are more expensive. If the timing is not so important, then why wonder what to get a pregnancy test, when you can just ask the pharmacist in the pharmacy to advise a suitable option for the price. As for reviews about this product, the opinion of most representatives of the beautiful half of mankind boils down to the fact that the matter is not at all in price, and the cheapest test has never failed them.
At what time of day the reliability of the pregnancy test result is higher
It is known that the sensitivity of tests to HCG is not more than 25 mM / ml. The hormone itself, as stated earlier, begins to be produced in the body of a woman only after the embryo is attached to the uterus. With each subsequent day the probability of determining pregnancy is higher, since the production of the hormone doubles.
Therefore, the question of whether a pregnancy test can be done in the evening, the answer is the following: if early diagnosis is important, then it is desirable to wait for the morning and only then to perform the test. With the development of pregnancy hormone in the body becomes more and more. And soon there comes a time when it does not matter what time of day to do it, because the result will be the same - a positive pregnancy test. For early diagnosis, it is also good to pass a blood test for hCG. Blood is taken from the vein, the test should be taken in the morning on an empty stomach.
How to use the pregnancy test correctly. Explanation of results
The usage rules depend on the type of test:
- if it is a test strip, then it is necessary to collect urine in a small container, open the package and lower the test to the line marked as MAX. Hold for 5 seconds, then lay the test on a dry surface (for example, a napkin). Usually the result is immediately apparent, but manufacturers advise waiting for up to 5 minutes;
- in the tablet test there are two windows, where a few drops of urine are to be applied by means of a pipette;
- the inkjet test for a few seconds is placed under the jet during urination. The waiting time for the result in all tests is approximately the same.
Possible test results:
- only the strip on the right showed itself - a sign that pregnancy is most likely not present;
- two red stripes appeared - a positive pregnancy test;
- only the left strip appeared - perhaps the test is defective, expired, or the technique of use was broken;
- positive pregnancy test: the second band is weakly expressed - most likely, quite a short period of pregnancy.
In case of doubt, the test can be repeated after a few days. If it turned out to be positive, then you should visit a gynecologist, who after the examination will appoint an ultrasound diagnosis.
1%: right to error
Pregnancy tests show the correct result, usually in 99% of cases. However very seldom they can and be mistaken. This happens for the following reasons:
- the case in the test itself (expired, marriage);
- the technique of use is disrupted (for example, when a one-time test is used twice);
- pregnancy is, but the test showed a negative result. Not all tests can show a positive result even before the delay in menstruation. Perhaps, the term is very small, and the test was conducted in the evening, and the level of the hormone in the body was not enough. Returning to the question of whether it is possible to do a pregnancy test in the evening, it is clear that it is possible, but it is better to do it in the morning;
- there is no pregnancy, but the test showed its presence. The reasons may be health problems. Therefore, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
When should I seek medical advice?
It should be remembered that the delay in menstruation is not only in pregnancy. The reasons can be as follows:
- the recently transferred stress both in the emotional sense (strong experiences, such as fear, despair), and at the physical level (hypothermia, severe physical exertion);
- rapid weight loss, exhaustion of the body as a whole with prolonged starvation and improperly selected diet;
- various diseases associated with hormonal failure in the body (ovarian cyst, uterine myoma, prolactinoma);
- metabolic disease;
In any case, you should consult a doctor and undergo an additional examination, as the reasons can be very serious. If you have a positive pregnancy test, you should also not delay with a trip to the hospital. A great risk to the life and health of a woman is an ectopic pregnancy, in order to exclude her, it is necessary to undergo an examination and make ultrasound diagnosis.
Thinking about whether it is possible to do a pregnancy test in the evening, it is also important to listen to your body. In addition to the delay of the monthly, there may be other signs indicating the presence of pregnancy: nausea, changes in eating habits, swelling of the breasts, and soreness. Hormonal changes lead to the fact that a woman becomes more emotional, this can cause increased irritability, tearfulness or unreasonable joy. There is a desire to have more rest, as the body will need a lot of energy to carry the child and further delivery.