Is it possible and how to wash soft toys in washing machine: guidelines
Small children learn about the world every moment, and the task of loving parents is to help them. The game is the most simple and effective way to help kids in this difficult lesson, and toys are their best assistants. Every child likes to Tinker, and sometimes sleep with pleasant to the touch, warm funny and soft friends. Only after active play favorite fluffies at times look bad. Teddy bears and fur rabbits, cats and funny monkeys require proper care and cleaning. Only how to wash stuffed toys?
Danger lurking in the children's furry friends
Toys are constant companions of children. And in kindergarten, and to visit, to walk the kids do not go without good friends. And what game is complete without them! Buy porridge or tea, a roll in the sand or snow, to draw the eyes and antennae – that only kids can imagine. And many kids do not want to leave friends and night.
At the same time the soft surface of the toy is a wonderful place accumulations of dust, dirt, mites and germs. There just are not accumulated! All this may have a negative impact on the health of the child and cause an allergic reaction.
Children's soft toys it is necessary to arrange periodically bathing days. It all depends on how quickly they deteriorate. If a child plays with a stuffed friend all day, and care for him will always have. Wash once a month is obligatory for him. If the baby comes to soft toys only occasionally, they can be washed one or two times a year.
The reasons for compulsory care soft toys
Toys should be regularly washed, as:
- They easily collect dust and dirt.
- Are the perfect environment for the propagation and habitat of microorganisms and dust mites.
- There is a risk of Allergy development.
Ways to clean soft toys
We can distinguish several ways of cleansing favorite toys:
- using dry cleaning
- with the help of soap suds
- the Laundry in the washing machine.
Can I wash stuffed toys in the washing machine?
Very often parents worry about the safety of the original form of toys, and wash them. This is a big mistake. Knowing how to wash stuffed toys, can not survive, because the beloved friend will remain unharmed.
In order to understand whether and how to wash soft toys in washing machine, study their main characteristics:
- Size. Make sure that the toy can fit in the machine. Otherwise, you will have to choose a different type of cleaning.
- The presence of small parts. If fluffy got beads, beads and another thing, it is better to cut you loose. If parts are too much, and the toy may lose its appearance, then select another option treatment.
- Filler. Be sure to install the full game. Most often, the manufacturer uses a polyester, cotton, sawdust, feathers and foam. Different fillers will react differently to moisture. For example, the batting and the foam washing are not afraid, but sawdust and other natural materials can deteriorate.
- An electronic mechanism. Try to get the equipment so as not to ruin the toy.
- The quality of the upper material. The manufacturer can use different fabrics, fur, yarn or anything else. The material can respond differently to water. So, real fur will deteriorate, and some types of fabrics may shrink.
All you need
What you need to prepare for washing:
- mild detergent when washing a Vice or baby soap
- scissors, thread
- bag for washing things (you can use an ordinary cloth bag or pillowcase).
- Examine the labels on the toy. You need to know can I wash soft toys in the washing machine. The manufacturer always specifies the possible methods cleaning products.
- First you need to check soft other the presence of electrical mechanisms. All tweeters and govorilki you need to remove. To do this, carefully unpack or vsporite in the least visible spot the toy, and remove the mechanism.
- Carefully inspect the toy. If it has plastic parts or decorations, it is better to remove them. After cleansing, you can easily sew or glue them back. Much more difficult will be to explain to the kid what happened to his friend why he suddenly began to squint in one eye or completely lost.
- Put other in soft cloth or special bag for washing. This device will help you to keep the toy and skin from additional damage. The machine may also suffer from falling into her soft fluffy lint.
- In accordance with the Board manufacturer to select the mode of washing. If the label is long cut, do not despair. The majority of toys perfectly suited the delicate washing. Select the temperature 30 degrees — and you can be sure that soft blank. However, keep in mind that dust mites die only at temperatures below 60 degrees.
- Pay attention to the fact that washable soft toys washing machine better no spin. This will help to keep the shape soft friend. Try carefully dry her with a towel. If the toy indicated that it can be washed with the extraction, use the extra rinse. This will help to clean up the remains of the powder from the little guy.
- When choosing the washing tools it is better to stay on the baby powder or the shavings of baby soap. Additionally, you can use a conditioner for linen. It will help to maintain the softness and volume of the product.
- If you are afraid that the color of soft other may change, add to the Department for a bit of washing powder (half a teaspoon) of citric acid.
If so, how to wash soft toys in washing machine, now everything is more or less clear, the question about how to dry them correctly, is still open. Teddy bears and bunnies (and other of their associates) must be dried in a warm, well-ventilated area. This will help to preserve the freshness of toys. Otherwise, the product may begin to exude an unpleasant smell of dampness.
Toys made of synthetic materials it is better to dry on a flat surface, e.g. on the floor. Product large size is better for drying, hanging on the rope. For toys it is better to choose warm season, ideally to move the process in the summer. Periodically shake the toy. Whisking the filling, you will be able to retain its original shape.
How to wash soft toys made from natural materials
Again, pay your attention: before washing, examine the toy part. You can find it on the label or try to define yourself to the touch. It will help you understand whether it is possible to wash soft toys. So, products made from synthetic materials are not afraid of machine washing. With natural fabrics need to be careful. Flax and wool, for example, sit. So it is better to subject to dry cleaning, or make use of ordinary soap suds. After washing the toy must rinse thoroughly in cool water to remove any detergent or soap. Once soft, the other is dry, gently stretch it to give it the original shape.
Soft toys with a long NAP are afraid of washing. The bristles may matted, and the appearance of the product will be irreversibly damaged. A long hair fluffy could harm the parts of the washing machine.
The same can be said about toys with cardboard or very small details. Their appearance may be lost forever. So for them it is better to choose another option of cleaning (e.g. dry cleaning or washing by hand).
Thus care friends toy your little one is mandatory. Knowing how to wash stuffed toys, can be calm for the health and mood of the child.