Can I give chips to pregnant women? Tips and Tricks
During pregnancy (especially in the early stages), it is difficult for women to control their nutritional preferences. Some representatives of the weaker sex want to eat salty or sweet food, others want something inedible, and others are not at all ready to combine the entire contents of the refrigerator in their own plate. Today's article will tell you about whether it is possible for pregnant to eat chips. After all, this product is recognized by nutritionists as very harmful and even dangerous.
The use of potatoes and its content in chips
In stores in a wide range of products are presented for the buyer chips with a wide variety of flavor additives. It would seem that they contain potatoes. And this vegetable, in turn, is very useful. Indeed, in the tubers there is a mass of vitamins and nutrients. You can note the high content of folic acid. And she, as everyone knows, is necessary for future mothers in the first trimester. So can the chips be pregnant in the early stages? "Yes," you will say. And you will be wrong.
Modern manufacturers save on their production. Many potato chips do not contain tubers at all, they are cooked on starch. It adds corn and wheat flour, modified additives. All this is cured by spices and harmful flavorings, after which it is fried in poor quality oil. Do you still want to taste "delicacy"?
Can I buy chips from the store?
Manufacturers of crispy potato slices assure the buyer of the safety of their products. Indeed, if the chips were poison, they would simply not be allowed to be sold. If you ask a specialist about whether you can get pregnant chips, you will get a very likely negative answer. Why? There are several weighty arguments that should prompt you to abandon such delicacies.
- The chips contain a large amount of salt and fat. The use of this product may cause kidney problems. If you eat chips in large amounts, then it is likely obesity. If you suffer from swelling during pregnancy, then this product is banned for you.
- In the tidbits there are trans fats. They increase the risk of developing diabetes, cancer. In addition, this component disrupts the endocrine system, contributes to the emergence of cardiovascular pathologies. Do you think about the future child ?!
- During the frying of starch in the oil, acrylamide is released. This component negatively affects the nervous system and internal organs. Perhaps the future mother will not be harmed, but after all, all the ingredients penetrate the placenta and enter the baby's body.
Can I have chips if I really want to?
What to do with their desires for a future mother? After all, sometimes the thirst for a certain product is so strong that you can not think of anything else. Can pregnant crisps be an exception?
Physicians in such cases simply turn a blind eye to the actions of the future mother. After all, gynecologists can not force a parent to adhere to certain diets. It is important to remember that eating purchased chips is strictly prohibited under the following circumstances:
- in the first trimester, when the baby's organs are being formed;
- with swelling and kidney problems;
- during constipation;
- with gastritis and ulcers or diseases of the gallbladder;
- if the weight set is too large;
- immediately before childbirth.
If you still decide to eat, then limit the single portion to 10 grams. Such food should not become a habit. Reduce the use of chips to once a week, and preferably a month.
Can I get home-made chips? This product is recognized as much less dangerous for the baby and the health of the future mother. It is important to properly prepare a crispy treat. Do not fry potato slices. Choose a more useful recipe. Finely chopped tubers can be baked in the oven or microwave oven (at your discretion). All spices and salt should be added after cooking and in a minimal amount.
Such home-made chips can be eaten by pregnant women, if they have no problems with digestion. Pay attention to your own weight. After all, potatoes in any form contributes to its increase. Despite some benefits and safety of house chips, do not use them in large numbers and often. Let such food become for you an exception, rather than a rule.
From the article you were able to find out whether it is possible to eat chips to pregnant women. Future mothers need to monitor their diet, especially in the first trimester. After all, it is then that the main systems of the future child's body are laid. It is not known how carcinogens can affect this process. During pregnancy it is recommended to give preference to useful and natural plant foods. Good health to you!