Can pregnant tea with mint? Tea with mint: benefit and harm
Pregnancy is a unique time for every woman, when feelings, doubts and fears of each grow for their health and well-being of the future baby. Some foodstuffs are banned to avoid the occurrence of allergies, toxicoses. Is it possible for pregnant women to have tea with mint - a common question that torment women in anticipation of the baby. Why does it arise?
How useful is mint
Natural products from the beds contain a large set of vitamins and minerals that the body needs. In summer, refreshing drinks are especially relevant, for example tea with mint. The benefits and harms are with each product, therefore, before using the usual components, you should familiarize yourself with their characteristics once again.
What are the properties of mint:
- Essential oils contribute to the relief of breathing with colds.
- Soothes headache and other types of pain.
- Normalizes the pressure.
- Stabilizes the female hormonal background.
- Has a calming effect.
Mint tea during pregnancy is able to normalize the body and maintain a woman's well-being. The main rule is to know the measure and not to overdo it with quantity, so that the favorable effect does not turn into negative.
What are the concerns?
Why there are doubts about the use of a drink with a refreshing plant during the carrying of the baby? In fact, the fears are not groundless: mint contains a large number of phytoestrogens, so it is called female grass. Plant hormones can have an effect on the body, possibly the appearance of an increased tone of the uterus, which is dangerous for a pregnant and nurtured baby. Therefore, mint tea during pregnancy should be taken with caution in case of hormonal disorders and other similar problems.
Is it possible for pregnant women to have tea with mint in the normal state of the body? Numerous medical studies have shown that there is no influence on the development of the plant, because the use of drinks with this herb is not contraindicated for girls in an interesting situation.
Mint during pregnancy
Doctors often recommend herbal medicine as an accompaniment of the main treatment, in some cases it is able to replace the use of tablets and medications, according to experts. Obstetricians-gynecologists, who observe pregnant women all 9 months, are prescribed mint leaves in some cases:
- With normal blood pressure and the simultaneous occurrence of edemas, doctors prescribe mint drinks as a diuretic for fighting excess fluids in the body.
- If a pregnant woman has diabetes, she is prescribed a plant to stabilize the blood sugar level.
- Tea from fresh mint at night replaces soothing pills, promotes a good sleep and a normal tone of the uterus at this time.
- In pregnancy, often there are conditions of increased levels of gastric juice and excessive release of bile, which significantly worsens the woman's well-being. In such cases, a special treatment is prescribed, accompanied by the use of mint. It removes the mucosal edema, reduces pain, improves the outflow of bile.
- A cup of refreshing tea causes appetite, reduces toxicosis, helps to cope with flatulence.
Not always the action of healthy herbs is safe. In some cases it is necessary to abandon mint drinks:
- With increased thrombosis, there is a risk of blockage of blood vessels wandering veins through plaques.
- With intolerance to menthol.
- In the first trimester, there is a danger of increased uterine tone and early opening.
In any case, if there are doubts, what tea to drink to pregnant women, it is necessary to dispel them with the attending physician - gynecologist or therapist.
What kind of mint to use for making a drink
Dry and fresh leaves of plants are suitable for brewing. True, the taste and effect they have different. Drink from a fresh plant will be more saturated: when drying leaves, volatilization of the ethereal components and partial destruction of vitamins occur. However, there is no single recommendation, from which herbs to prepare tea with mint. The benefits and harms of both forms persist to a greater or lesser extent.
Dried leaves are sold at the pharmacy. After opening the pack, the contents should be poured into a ceramic or glass jar with a tight lid, so that the mint retains its properties.
The gardeners and truck farmers have the opportunity to use a fresh plant. Cold tea with mint from the bed is distinguished by a special rich taste and aroma, the benefit from it exceeds the dry product. Sometimes spicy greens can be found in supermarkets. Bought in the store a bunch of mint can be put in a glass of water, like an ordinary bouquet, and tear off 1-2 leaves as needed.Packaged in polyethylene grass can be stored in the refrigerator.
Rules of preparation of a drink
Can pregnant tea with mint? It is possible, if there are no direct contraindications. A couple of leaves do not exactly hurt. To have tea drinking was a pleasure, you must properly brew the plant:
- Prepare a ceramic or glass container. Metal dishes can distort the taste of the drink.
- Put a pinch of crushed leaves into a prepared vessel and pour in hot water. Do not use boiling water: under the influence of excessive heat, the useful substances of the plant are volatilized.
- Close the container with a lid and leave for 20 minutes.
To make tea with mint, you can use ready-made packaged mixtures. When choosing, you should pay attention to the composition: some manufacturers add flavorings instead of real dry leaves. The benefits of such a drink is reduced to a minimum, and the taste may not meet expectations.
Drinks for pregnant women
Women in an interesting situation tend to doubt commonplace things, even in the possibility of eating the usual food. So, can mint tea be pregnant? If there are still concerns, it is better to abandon the drink, and find him an alternative. A relative of the plant with menthol is Melissa. It has less phytoestrogens.
What can you drink to pregnant women, so as not to harm yourself and your child during the period of gestation?
- Water. It is necessary for everyone without exception. It is advisable to use water purified by an industrial method or filtered at home. It is recommended to drink at least 2 liters a day, gradually reducing the amount to the third trimester.
- Juice from the store is contraindicated in pregnancy: it contains a large amount of sugar and preservatives. Such a drink can cause swelling and allergic reactions. If desired, you should prepare the juice of the house from ripe fruits or berries and mix it with the pulp. The resulting smoothie is very useful for any organism.
- Kiseli and compotes of own preparation are also suitable for drinking.
- Tea is the safest thing you can drink to pregnant women. If its composition does not include flavorings, then the drink does not hurt either the baby or the expectant mother. Tea contains caffeine, which scares women in an interesting position, but its number is so small that its effect is almost imperceptible. Of course, if the welding is not brought to a high fortress.
- Kefir, milk, bifidok and others. Sour-milk drinks are useful to everyone without exception: they promote comfortable digestion, contain few calories with a large number of vitamins and trace elements. The use of dairy products is possible only in the absence of lactose intolerance.
During pregnancy, the use of alcohol and alcohol-containing beverages is prohibited. It is also necessary to abandon the various energy specialists: the horse dose of caffeine exaggerates the body excessively, blood pressure may rise, and the uterine tone arises. For the same reason, you should give up coffee.
An exception to the list may be red wine - it increases the level of hemoglobin. But its use should be strictly dosed - no more than half a glass once a month, yet alcohol is harmful to pregnant women.