My child walks on socks, what to do
One of the main functions of a person is movement. It is she who makes simple and complex movements, requiring as little effort as possible, and great energy costs.
For any movement corresponds to the nervous system of the human body, and more specifically, its departments that control each of its functions. This system resembles a pyramid, in which each tier is associated with the next and previous.
It is this pyramidal system that makes any movement start and end at the right time. The amazing human brain is responsible for any function of the body and for the movement of legs including. Let's try to understand why a child wears socks, what to do in a similar situation.
In general, this phenomenon is quite common among toddlers. It is evidence of the so-called pyramidal insufficiency, in other words, the violation of the musculoskeletal system. There may be several reasons: trauma, severe labor, pelvic presentation, etc.
The reflex of the baby persists for up to three months from birth, then begins to fade. And if in due time the child tries to walk on tiptoe and presses fingers, this is considered the first sign of pyramidal insufficiency. Most often, the problem lies in the great tension of the shoulder joint zone. However, one should not worry much - the problem is diagnosed in time without any consequences.
The first steps in children usually fall to the age of one year. However, there is nothing to worry about if this happens much later. Parents love to compare the development of their baby with their peers, discuss problems and ask advice from other parents. But everything is absolutely individual: someone starts to walk in 9 months, and someone pulls to 15. So, the child walks on socks, what should parents do in this situation? Certainly, consultation of the neuropathologist will help to understand the reasons. Treatment will not necessarily consist of the use of tablets, there are other ways. Non-mandatory, but possible reasons for this problem can be:
- The child walks on toes - this is the main symptom of infantile cerebral palsy. But, as a rule, cerebral palsy is detected much earlier than the moment when the baby decides on his first step. But to know about this all the same follows.
- The frequent reason for walking on socks is an overabundance of energy. The baby can move incorrectly because of an overload on an organism, getting used to be in an upright position. Try to stay out more, learn to stay in the water.
- Why does a child walk on socks, what should I do? Let's just say: drive a massage. A common cause of this situation is the unevenly distributed or high tone of the children's muscles. Massage will relieve muscle dystonia. However, even without a massage over time, the muscles themselves will be distributed correctly and will function as needed. You should move more, crawl, stand on all fours, climb and walk. But the course of massage is still worth it!
- Standing on tiptoe the child can simply in the process of learning to walk. It happens that the baby initially walks correctly, and then starts to get up on toes. Obviously, he chooses the best option for him to travel.
- A serious cause is birth trauma. But in this case, both parents and doctors are aware of the problem from the beginning, so the consequences are eliminated on time.
- Musculoskeletal disorders are the next reason. The doctor will see it immediately and prescribe a treatment, which in most cases consists of massage sessions. Coordination of movements and the muscular complex from such treatment are restored without consequences. Sessions are held at least once every six months. The result is visible after 2-3 visits of the masseur. Be healthy!