My child walks on tiptoes, what to do
One of the main functions is the movement. It makes exercise simple and complex movement that requires minimal effort and high energy costs.
For any movement is responsible the nervous system of the human body, and more specifically, its departments, supervising each function. This system resembles a pyramid in which each tier is associated with subsequent and previous.
It is this pyramidal system causes any movement begin and end at the right time. Amazing the human brain is responsible for any function of the body and for the movement of the feet including. Try to figure out why the child walks on tiptoes, what to do in such a situation.
In General, this phenomenon is quite common among kids. It testifies about so-called pyramidal insufficiency, simply put, violation of the muscular-skeletal system. The reasons can be multiple: trauma, difficult birth, breech presentation, etc.
The reflex of the baby is maintained for a period of three months from birth, then begins to fade. And if at the time the child tries to walk on tiptoe and pressed fingers, it is considered the first sign of pyramidal disease. Most often the problem is hidden in a large voltage area of the shoulder joint. However it is not necessary to worry much — just discovered the problem is treated without any consequences.
First steps children usually have at the age of one year. However, there is nothing wrong with that if it will happen much later. Parents like to compare their baby with their peers, discuss problems and ask advice from other parents. But all completely individual: someone starts walking at 9 months, and someone pulls up to 15. So the child walks on toes, what to do in such a situation parents? Of course, the advice of a neurologist will help to understand the reasons. Treatment will not necessarily consist of the pills, there are other ways. Not mandatory, but possible causes of this problem can be such:
- Child walks on toes is the main symptom of cerebral palsy. But usually, cerebral palsy is found much before that moment when the kid decided on his first step. But knowing it should still.
- The common reason for walking on tiptoes is an overabundance of energy. The baby may not be able to move because of overload on the body, getting used to be in a vertical position. Try to spend more time on the street, learn to stay in the water.
- Why a child walks on tiptoes, what to do? Let's just say to drive for a massage. Common reason for this situation becomes unevenly distributed or a high tone of children's muscles. Massage will relieve muscular dystonia. However, without the massage over time, the muscles themselves will be distributed correctly, and are functioning as needed. Need to move more, to crawl, to stand on all fours, climb and walk. But massage course to go still worth it!
- You stand on tiptoe the child may just in the process of learning to walk. Is that the baby initially goes right, and then begins to stand on tiptoe. Obviously, he chooses the best option of transportation.
- Serious birth injury. But in this case parents and doctors know about the problem initially, and the impacts are removed in time.
- Muscular-skeletal disorders — with the following reason. The doctor will see them and prescribe treatment, which in most cases consists of massage. Coordination of movements and muscle complex from such treatment restored without consequences. Sessions are conducted at least every six months. The result is visible already after 2-3 visits to the masseur. Be healthy!