Massage for the newborn: mastering the main principles
Massage is loved by all people, because this procedure not only has a positive effect on the body, but is also very pleasant. Kids also like gentle touches of mother's hands.
Doctors-pediatricians and children's psychologists believe that the massage must necessarily be accompanied by smiles and caressing conversations. If communication with mom involves not only cooing, but stroking, caresses - it's wonderful, because for a baby it's so natural to learn the whole world through tactile sensations.
In very young children, both auditory and visual analyzers are not yet developed, but perception through the skin is already fully formed. Therefore, to do massage to a newborn is certainly useful. This procedure stimulates the development of speech, sensory perception, physical development and attention.
How to properly massage a newborn, will prompt an experienced specialist.
If the baby is sick, moping or just not in the mood, do not do this procedure. Better postpone the lesson.
Beginning to do massage to a newborn is recommended from two to three weeks. Any gymnastic exercises should be done when the baby is full, but after eating must pass at least an hour.
How to domassage for newborn: instructions for mom
Try to make sure that for a crumb massage was a pleasant pastime. Exercise is done in a well-ventilated room. There should not be cold, since the baby will be naked. Mom's hands also need to be warmed. After the procedure, put the baby in clean clothes. Immediately after the massage, you can not go for a walk. Before the procedure begins, talk gently with the baby, look in the eyes, adjust the contact with it. For massage it is best to choose a changing table, so mom does not have to bend over and strain her back. Do not leave the child unattended for a second, it can fall, even if it does not know how to turn over. Go around the areas of the elbow and knee joints, mammary glands and genitals, the liver, the inside of the legs and arms. Be especially careful with the loin of the crumbs.
So, we begin to do the massage to the newborn. Put the baby on your back with your legs to you. All exercises are performed 5-8 times, starting with 2-3 repetitions.
- Start by stroking the handles. Put your finger in the baby's hand: it will reflexively capture it. Stroke the outside of the handle to the shoulder, palms and fingers of the crumbs.
- Massage the legs also follows from the outside of the foot to the hip, bypassing the knee cap.
- Gently, but with a little pressure, massage the baby's feet, this helps to strengthen them.
- Draw your thumb with a "G-8" on the toddler's foot.
- Stroke the heel - the child will spread his fingers. Gently press the pads under your fingers - the crumb reflexively "squeeze" them.
- Stroke the baby's belly with the palm, first clockwise, do not touch the genital area and the liver.
- Put your hands to the child under the lumbar region and stroke with simultaneous movements. At the same time, put your hands under the navel.
- To strengthen the umbilical ring, you can press two fingers around the indentation.
- Turn the baby on his tummy. Spin gently stroked from the waist to the armpits and from the neck to the waist, from the center to the sides. Also, the back can be massaged in a circular motion.
- Do not forget about stroking the buttocks.
- Again massage the outside of the legs, bend and unbend them and spread them apart.
- Put the crumb on the barrel and with a light pressure, draw the middle and index fingers along the sides along the spine - the baby will kick the back. Do the same by turning the child over to another barrel.
Do not strive to immediately perform the entire complex of massage from beginning to end, accustom crumb to it gradually.
Do regular massage to a newborn, talk with him, turn to him your affectionate look - and then your child will necessarily grow up healthy, developed and happy.