Massage for a 3-month-old child
It is not necessary to have a qualified masseur diploma or take appropriate lessons in order to carry out massage for children, the main thing is to understand and master the basic principles. Therefore, we will devote our article to this useful procedure, namely, how to properly conduct gymnastics and massage for a 3-month-old child. Also, consider several useful exercises that will help improve the motor activity of the baby, enhance metabolic processes, improve sleep and appetite, and also relieve crumbs from the pain associated with painful colic.
Gymnastics and massage for a 3-month-old baby are performed immediately before bathing. Better in the evening before bedtime. When bathing, there is a certain load on the body of the child, so this procedure should be well prepared. For this, first massage, then gymnastics. Consistency should be just this. These procedures take at least half an hour.
Massage for 3-month-old children is carried out on a changing table, if any, otherwise you can put the child on any, preferably hard surface.
Where to begin
To begin massage for a 3-month-old child is more expedient with kneading and easy stroking. The hands of mom or dad should be warm. Very good, if you use children's cosmetic oil with a neutral smell. We start with hands: brushes, elbows, shoulders, then in the opposite direction - and so several times. Next legs: feet, shins, thighs (on the same principle as the hands). We turn the crumb on the stomach, iron the ass and back, down, then up, repeat it several times. Then we turn the baby over and take over the tummy, chest, head and neck. Stroking should be done gently, without any pressure.
In the same sequence in which strokes were performed, we begin to massage the muscles.
The positive aspects of the massage of the tummy are also in the fact that it can be carried out not only before bathing, but also when the baby is being tortured by colic. The procedure will bring the child a quick relief, and you - the joy of being able to help your child get rid of the pain.
To do this, place the base of the brush on the area of the child's pubic area. Then start to massage with four fingers (except the large one) clockwise in the direction of the intestine. Movements should be slightly pressing, but not causing pain or discomfort to the baby. Massage for about 3 minutes, taking breaks.
Handles, legs, backrest
Go to the arms, legs, exercising massaging circular movements with your fingers 3-4 minutes. Then go for the back. With your four fingers, do a circular motion clockwise, and also perform light tingle in the direction from the sacrum to the scapula along the line of the spine.
Fingers of both hands slightly tap on the breast of the baby. Movements should resemble typing on the keyboard. First, massage the front area, then go to the side area.
This is a very useful massage for 3-month-old children, as it has long been known that in this area there are many receptors, when massaging which has a beneficial effect on the entire body as a whole. True, the baby can resist, but it is desirable that the massaging of the feet is carried out daily. Carry out circular light pressure in the clockwise direction from the heels to the fingers, continue for about 3 minutes.
Massage for children up to a year should be done daily. It will help the child to relax and communicate with parents.
Gymnastics and massage for children are often held in the evening, when the child is preparing for bathing and sleeping. The meaning of gymnastics is to stretch the joints.
- Position lying on the back. We pull one leg forward, holding it by the shin, the second one is bent at the maximum until it touches the abdomen. Then vice versa. For each leg, do this 7 times in 2 sets.
- One hand is holding the baby by the shin, the other by the thumb of the leg. First we twist it in different directions, then slowly cant, the same thing should be repeated for the other leg. This exercise well kneads the ankles.
- With both hands, take the baby by the shin and begin bending the legs in the knees so that they touch the tummy. We do 7 times in two approaches.
- Take the baby by the shin and start imitating the bike ride. Do this about 20 times.
- Let the kid grab you by the fingers. So, tilt the arms, first to the sides, then up and down, and then cross them on the chest. Not bad if the child will resist a little at this moment.
- Take the child by the wrist and start making movements that resemble boxing. To do this, raise the right hand sharply, and lower the left hand, then repeat the same for the next hand. Do this 7 times in 2 approaches. This exercise will significantly strengthen the muscles of the hands.
- Take the kid by the handles and begin to pull for them so that the shoulders and neck are slightly raised. This exercise well trains the muscles of the neck and abdomen. Repeat it 3-4 times. It should be remembered that you do not need to put a child in this case.
- For the next exercise, you need a gym ball. Put the baby on him with his tummy, gently holding on to the back. Shake it first to the sides, then back and forth. It should be remembered that the ball should please the kid and give him a pleasant sensation. To do this, buy a color fitball, and for warmth cover it with a diaper. Do this exercise half an hour before or after eating.
Basic rules of massage and gymnastics
- Massage for children is done in the evening, half an hour before or after feeding.
- Procedures are carried out on a hard surface.
- Massage for a 3-month-old baby should be done when it is naked, so it will be easier for him to move.
- Be engaged with the kid on fitbole, it is also very useful.
- The air in the room should be cool, no higher than 22 o C.
- Leave for massage and gymnastics for at least half an hour.
- The main and basic rule of these procedures is to follow the reaction of the baby. If massage or gymnastics does not give him joy, moreover, he begins to be capricious, stop the procedures and postpone them the next day, otherwise in all subsequent times the reaction will be even worse.
- Begin the massage with stroking movements, always smile at the child and talk to him affectionately.
What can be better for a mother than a cheerful child? Only a healthy child! Therefore, gymnastics and massage for children up to a year, as mentioned above, must be mandatory and daily procedures, like eating or bathing. Implement them in a friendly atmosphere, to cause the baby only positive emotions.