Massage for 3-month-old baby
You don't need a diploma qualified massage therapist or to take lessons in order to carry out the massage for kids, the main thing — to understand and master the basic principles. Therefore our article we will devote this useful procedure, namely how to correctly perform exercises and massage for 3-month-old baby. Also consider a few useful exercises that will help to improve the motor activity of the baby, increase metabolism, improve sleep and appetite and to relieve a baby from the pain associated with painful cramps.
Gymnastics and massage for 3-month-old baby is held directly before bathing. Better in the evening before bedtime. When bathing is a kind of burden on the child's body, so this procedure should be well prepared. For this purpose, first massage, then gymnastics. The sequence should be exactly like this. These routines are given at least an hour.
Massage for 3-month-old child is on the changing table, if there is one, otherwise you can put the baby on any, preferably hard surface.
To start massage for 3-month-old baby with better kneading and light strokes. Hand mom or dad should be warm. Very well, if you use baby cosmetic oil with a neutral odour. Start with the hands: hands, elbows, shoulders, then back — and so several times. Next leg: foot, calf, thigh (on the same principle as the hands). Turn the baby on his stomach, to caress the ass and back, down then up, repeat several times. Then again turn the baby and accepted already in the belly, the chest, the head and neck. Pats should happen gently, without any pressure.
In the same sequence in which were stroking, begin to massage the muscles.
The positive aspects of the massage of the tummy are also in the fact that it can be performed not only before bathing but also when baby have colic. Procedure the child will bring speedy relief, and you take joy in the fact that we were able to help the child to get rid of the pain.
For this position the base of the brush on the pubic area of the child. Then start to massage with four fingers (except large) clockwise in the direction of the intestine. The movement should be a little pressure, but not painful or unpleasant sensations for the baby. Massage for about 3 minutes, taking breaks.
Arms, legs, back
Go to hands, feet, carrying a massaging circular motion with your fingers for 3-4 minutes. Next get back. Four fingers make a circular motion clockwise, and also make a light tingling in the direction from the sacrum to the blades in line with the spine.
Fingers of both hands lightly touch the breast of the baby. The movement should resemble the typing on the keyboard. To start massage front area, then go to bed.
This is a very useful massage for 3 months, it is well known that in this region there are many receptors, while the massage which is beneficial effect on the whole body. However, the baby might resist, but it is desirable that the massing of the stop was carried out daily. Make a circular light pressure in the clockwise direction from heels to toes, continue for about 3 minutes.
Massage for children up to years should be made daily. It will help the child to relax and communicate with parents.
Gymnastics and massage for children are often offered in the evening, when the child is ready to bathe and sleep. The meaning of gymnastics is to stretch your joints.
- Lying on the back. One leg pulling forward, holding the shank, the second bend in the knee to touch the belly. Then Vice versa. For each leg do this for 7 times in 2 sets.
- With one hand holding a baby in the Shin, and the other for the thumb of the legs. First we turn it in different directions, then slowly tilted, the same should be repeated for the other foot. This is a good exercise flexing the ankle joints.
- Both hands take the baby's leg and begin to bend the legs at the knees so that they touched the tummy. Done for 7 times in two approaches.
- Take his leg and start to simulate Cycling. Do this about 20 times.
- Let the baby grasp your fingers. Thus, make the slopes of the hands, the first hand, then up and down and then cross them on your chest. Good if the child will be a little to resist at this point.
- Take your baby by the wrist and start to make movements resembling Boxing. For this drastically raise your right hand and the left, lower, then repeat on the next hand. Do this for 7 times in 2 sets. This exercise will significantly strengthen the muscles of the arms.
- Take her hand and start to pull them so that is slightly raised shoulders and neck. This exercise trains the muscles of the neck and abdomen. Repeat it 3-4 times. It should be remembered that to put a child in this case is not necessary.
- For the following exercises need the gym ball. Put the baby on his tummy, gently holding the back. Rock it first hand, then back and forth. Remember that the ball should appeal to the kid and give him a pleasant feeling. To do this, purchase a color fitball, and for warmth cover his diaper. Perform this exercise in half an hour before or after meals.
The basic rules of massage and gymnastics
- Massage for children is held in the evening, half an hour before feeding or after.
- Procedures carried out on the solid surface.
- Massage for 3-month-old baby should be when he's naked, so it will be easier to move.
- Engage with the baby on fitball, it is also very useful.
- The air in the room should be cool, not above 22 C.
- Dedicated to the massage and exercises at least an hour.
- Important and basic rule of these procedures — monitor the reaction of your baby. If a massage or a gym that doesn't bring him joy, not only that, it starts to act up, stop the procedure and transfer them the next day, otherwise every time the reaction will get worse.
- Begin the massage with stroking movements, always smile to the child and talk to him gently.
What could be better for mom than a happy child? Only a healthy child! Therefore, gymnastics and massage for children up to years, as mentioned above, should be mandatory and daily routines as eating or bathing. Engage them in a friendly atmosphere, to cause the baby only positive emotions.