The children's dental treatment under General anesthesia: reviews
Sooner or later every mother is faced with the fact that a child has a toothache and he needs to lead to the dentist. Causes of discomfort can be different. If the child has been in the dental office, to persuade him to come down again can be extremely problematic. Often, in order to pass a simple routine inspection, parents have for weeks to persuade or even bribe the child with gifts. It is very important that before going to the clinic adults themselves behave correctly, that is not to escalate the situation and provoke the child to fear and anxiety.
Recommendations to parents
- In children up to three years reduced pain threshold, and hence the feeling of fear is almost not manifested. This period is ideal for a first visit to the dentist.
- It is desirable that the first visit was introductory and was accompanied by the oral examination of the child and recommendation for proper cleaning of the teeth.
- Before visit to the clinic you need to spend with your child an educational talk to explain that the treatment and care of teeth is important and necessary to show on own example how important it is to brush your teeth morning and evening, to play with your children in theme game.
- If little patient behaved with courage and dignity at the reception, you need to praise him, to talk about how he is a bold and fearless. If the baby was fretting, should cheer him up and say that next time he would behave obediently.
- Mom or dad can take the child with him at the reception to show that there is nothing wrong in the treatment. In this case it is necessary to agree beforehand with your doctor about the presence of a child.
If the above recommendations did not help or was not made correctly and on time, do not panic. Modern medicine offers a paid, but very efficient procedure – children's dental treatment under General anesthesia.
Types of anesthesia
To date, the majority of both private and public hospitals have in their subordination a high level service of the anesthesiologists, which may individually select and provide pain relief that cause minimal harm to the body. In order to have a staff of anesthesiology and intensive care, children's dentistry must obtain a special license from the state that is not easy to do, as there is a list of specific requirements for equipment, drugs and materials, and to training of anesthesiology and intensive care.
However, in addition to anesthesia medication, there are non-pharmacological methods of anesthesia: hypnosis, electroanalgesia, autoanalgesia. Of all these methods, only electroanalgesia became popular and recognized as valid.
The children's dental treatment under General anesthesia can be of two types: local anesthesia, complete.
Step-by-step application of anesthesia
This method involves selective anesthesia-type applications. That is, the injection site beforehand with by using a mint spray or gel deprive of sensitivity, and after one or two minutes to put a shot of anesthetic.
In the treatment of caries or pulpitis in children local anesthesia used medications containing hydrochloride articaine because it is five times more powerful than procaine, but also less dangerous for the body. In addition, articaine hydrochloride is excreted from the body within twenty to twenty five minutes.
The children's dental treatment under General anesthesia, using drugs on the basis of the hydrochloride articaine, you can start with four. Anticonsumerism drugs are also safe for pregnant and lactating mothers.
To enhance the anesthetic effect and duration of action of the drug often these drugs are supplemented with vasoconstrictors (vasoconstrictor substances), such as epinephrine, mezaton, filipishin. Combined analgesic local action, on the basis of the hydrochloride articaine are produced only in Germany, France and Spain.
Treatment of primary teeth in children under General anesthesia with the use of combined drugs shown from five years in the ratio of one to one hundred thousand (articaine to adrenaline).
At the age of five to seven years as the sample or application of anesthesia used benzocaine and lidocainerilocaine sprays.
Pre-medical preparation of children before visiting the dentist
For the preparation of the child for anesthesia and to reduce the possibility of side effects use special drugs, which are called pre-medical preparation.
There are four components of pain: emotional, sensory, motor, autonomic.
A local anesthetic, such as lidocaine, articon, benzocaine, removes the sensitivity in the place of intervention, taking touch component, but not to treat primacialny, motor and autonomic components, so they must be removed after administration of analgesic.
Methods of persuasion and suggestion relieved the emotional component.
Indications for use
The children's dental treatment under anesthesia drugs that have a calming effect, is indicated for:
- chronically occurring mental illness
- chronic disease of the respiratory system
- insulin deficiency
- diseases of the endocrine system
- chronic seizures and hysteria
- increased muscle tone
- chronic depression
10-25 minutes before the treatment to the child appoint anxiolytic, for example, chlordiazepoxide, better known as the "Sibazon", "Napton", "Seduksen" or "Hosipal".
The antianxiety medication administered to children from four years at a dosage of five to ten mg at the age of seven years — ten to twenty mg at the age of fifteen to eighteen and twenty to thirty mg per day, in two or three divided doses. The last dose of diazepam should drink fifteen minutes before visiting the dentist.
Sedation – an alternative to anesthesia
Due to the fact that prior medical training is not always effective, in modern pediatric dentistry have resorted to this method as sedation, or an alternative to anesthesia.
Sedation ("healing dream") can be deep (full), i.e. with the entry into the sleep state and the slowing of respiration, and the verst (incomplete) where the patient is able to maintain the relationship and to follow the instructions of the doctor.
Dental treatment under General anesthesia in children is carried out with the use of inhalation for a few minutes before immediate dental intervention, use nitrous N2 and O2 – SACHS.
At the beginning of the procedure, the child within fifteen minutes after the mask receives pure O2 and N2 nitrous. Allowable concentration of N2 in the mixture ZACKS shall not exceed seventy percent. For children up to fifteen years typically use thirty percent of nitrogen and seventy percent pure medical oxygen.
Introduction to the state of anesthesia with a mixture of ZACKS causing the child a sense of lightness, relaxation, drowsiness.
The advantages of sedation
The kid sees and hears everything that happens around, but does not feel at this discomfort. Feed mixtures for anesthesia and removal of oxygen mask using a high level of automated equipment. By the time of completion of the dental procedure is reversed the reduction of nitrous oxide and increase the concentration of pure oxygen to one hundred percent, after which the mask is removed. The effect of legislative Assembly is five to ten minutes.
Sedative blend even has some analgesic properties, but it may not be enough for complex dental operations, the dental treatment under General anesthesia in children comes with additional local anesthesia.
Usually a mix of SACHS used since the age of four, when a child is already possible to establish contact. One of the main tasks in this case like of the dentist, and parents to persuade the child to make a mask. For this purpose, aromatic oils, causing the child's desire to breathe the gas without coercion.
Foreign practice dental clinics uses show favorite cartoons and fairy tales of the child during the "sleep therapy".
Dental treatment under General anesthesia in children with the use of sedation can be considered absolutely harmless procedure as it is used in all developed countries of the world.
Children's dentistry in Russia
It is no secret that this area is the youngest and most sophisticated branch of medicine, which includes many directions.
The founder of dentistry for children can be considered A. K. Limberg, who since 1901 had charge of the same Department at the medical College of St. Petersburg.
In 1974-1975 was officially admitted to the examination of children in dental offices, as well as the use of anesthesia when performing heavy operations.
In 1985, specialty "pediatric dentist" was officially included in the nomenclature of medical specialties.
To date, upscale children's dental clinic in every city. In addition to standard treatments such as therapy, maxillofacial surgery, surgery of newborns, children's orthodontics and prosthetics, medical examination and treatment, some medical facilities may offer sedation or General anesthesia.
Overview of children's dental clinics
How is the dental treatment of children under General anesthesia in Moscow? Cost sedation clinic that performs it, are listed below.
In the capital of Russia such a service can offer a number of clinics:
- "The kid and Carlson" — the cost of the nitrous-nitric sedation (30 minutes) is 2500 rubles. The clinic also provides treatment under General anesthesia. The cost of the anesthetic sevorane has (30 minutes) is 4500 rubles. The price for one minute of General anesthesia is 165 rubles.
- International medical centre "IT of Clinics" provides the following services: anesthesia, inhalation (30 min) – 5500 rubles.
- Family dental clinic "the Nutcracker" the cost of sedation with nitrous oxide (30 minutes) – 2940 roubles. General anesthesia (30 minutes) – 5940 roubles. The medical establishment also offers the service of sedation – 1500 rubles.
Not only in Moscow carried out the dental treatment under General anesthesia in children. Novosibirsk also offers such services:
- Dental clinic "dent-Style" – kids dental treatment under General anesthesia (1 hour) costs 5,500 rubles. Anesthesia can be administered via an oxygen mask or by injection.
- "Center for dentistry", the hour of anaesthesia in the clinic is worth 3900 rubles.
- "Road clinical hospital" – information on the website States that the cost of anesthesia is 25% of the cost of treatment.
Also carry out dental treatment under General anesthesia in children in Minsk dental clinic:
- "Center of family stomatology" — intravenous anesthesia 78 Belarusian rubles (2 530 rubles).
- Medical center Melissa also provides the services of an anesthesiologist for kids – the cost of service study in the clinic on an individual basis.
Perhaps in other cities, dental treatment under General anesthesia in children. Krasnoyarsk not far behind from Moscow, and also provides sedation and General anesthesia:
- The center of Dentistry "ASTREYA" – uses the drug sevorane has, the duration and cost of services can be obtained from your doctor or consultant.
- "University centre of dentistry" – is a children's anesthesiologist, who according to the testimony and the age of the child recommends the type and cost of anesthesia.
The children's dental treatment under General anesthesia: reviews
Most children are afraid of doctors, and so every trip to the clinic accompanied by tantrums, tears and whims. In order not to harm the psyche of the baby, many mothers resort to dental treatment under anesthesia. The advantage of this method is that the child inhales laughing gas and falls asleep without fear of a doctor and a dentist drill.
This is a dental treatment for your child under General anesthesia. Reviews parents you will read below.
It often happens that the mother, before you take your child to the doctor, asking for advice from friends and acquaintances. Private clinics that offer dental services such as dental treatment under General anesthesia, are very popular. Many say that on the consultation, the anesthesiologist prescribes blood and urine tests, examination of the child by the therapist. A separate criterion is in good health during the period of treatment, i.e. the presence of a temperature or coughing is unacceptable. Operations are not performed on an empty stomach. After the treatment, depending on the age of the baby, you may experience headache, nausea, vomiting, anxiety, lethargy, say the parents. All this is supposed to go through 12 to 14 hours. Especially the treatment of the teeth with a mixture of ZAKS or drug sevorane has recommended mothers of children with poor health.
The children's dental treatment under General anesthesia, doctors
Experts say that for all time of existence of the drug sevorane has been treated a huge number of children, most of whom were kids with a disease of the Central nervous system. The doctors remind that a necessary condition is a medical manipulation under the control of a highly qualified specialist anesthetist and intensive care. The clinic needs to be expensive equipment: apparatus for artificial pulmonary ventilation, respiratory devices, anesthetics, potent tracking equipment. It is particularly important that the anesthesia was safe for the baby's health and cause unpleasant side effects.
Most often moms are starting to plan this procedure when children actively deteriorate the teeth is approximately 3-4 years. Dental treatment child (3 years old) under anesthesia takes approximately 4 hours and passes without complications.