Wall hooks: advice on choice, advantages and disadvantages
How to create conditions for comfortable placement of outerwear with a lack of free space in a narrow hallway? In this case, hooks on the wall come to the aid, which can be placed on any free vertical plane.
Varieties of wall hangers with hooks
Most wall hangers are presented in the form of a panel with a set of hooks or pins. Also an extremely common option are separate hooks wall-mounted metal, which are placed on vertical surfaces in a harmonious or chaotic order. And most of the modern products have an unusual, original shape and catchy decor, which allows you to draw attention to interior solutions in the hallway.
Quite often you can see wall hangers that contain special trays and cut-outs for keys, small items. Models of non-standard design often contain horizontal panels for the placement of hats.
Materials of manufacture
Today the panels of wall hangers are made of chipboard, MDF, natural wood, metal and plastic. The best option is the combination of the first two materials, which is reflected in a decrease in the cost of the product. Most often these hangers are supplemented with metal hooks.
If it is necessary to emphasize the refinement of the interior, it is better to give preference to wooden hangers with high-quality paint and varnish. When you need the most lightweight, easy-to-install design, you should pay attention to plastic products.
Pros of wall hangers
What are the advantages of wall-hung hangers? First of all, it should be noted:
- considerable economy of free space;
- wide availability and low cost of most products;
- simple and quick installation;
- ability to withstand high loads;
- there is no need for uniform hanging of clothes, as is the case when using floor racks in the form of vertical racks.
Such a solution, like a hook for clothes on the wall, has some drawbacks. Immediately it is worth noting that it is possible to securely fasten such a hanger not on every wall. If the surface is loose, hollow or contains expensive lining, the installation process can be significantly hampered.
Another disadvantage of hangers with hooks is the need to fix the structure in a static position. While the floor fixture can easily be moved to any free angle, the operation of wall models does not allow this.
In the end, wall hooks are located in close proximity to the plaster or wallpaper. Therefore, as such devices are used, the decorative layer gradually wears away as a result of contact with clothing.
Tips for choosing
Picking hooks on the wall as a means for hanging outerwear, attention should be paid to the following:
- Before buying a wall hanger with hooks, it is worthwhile to take measurements at the intended installation site. This approach allows you to choose exactly the device that fits perfectly into the room.
- It is desirable that the hooks on the wall not only have high reliability and ability to withstand high loads, but also proved to be easy to install.
- It is better to give preference to products made from wear resistant materials, pushing the factor of external attractiveness to the background. This will allow you to count on the maximum possible operation of the structure.
- If you plan to hang the outer clothing behind the eyelets, you should choose the hooks of small thickness, which do not have massive endings.
As you can see, in order not to be mistaken with the choice of a wall hanger, it is enough to determine in advance the expected loads, parameters and design. The more outerwear, hats and accessories are planned to be stored on hooks, the more solid the design should be. In the end, the guarantee of a successful, long-term operation of the hanger is the qualitative assembly of parts and the implementation of reliable installation.