Hooks wall mounted: tips for choosing, advantages and disadvantages
How to create the conditions for comfortable accommodation of outerwear with a lack of free space in a cramped hallway? In this case, come to the aid of wall hooks which can be placed on any free vertical plane.
Varieties of wall racks with hooks
Most wall hangers are presented in the form panel with a set of hooks or pins. Also extremely common are the individual hooks wall mounted metal which are placed on vertical surfaces in a harmonious or chaotic manner. The majority of modern products has an unusual, original shape and bright decor that brings attention to interior solutions in the hallway.
Quite often you can see a wall hanger that include special trays, and recesses for the keys, small items. Models of non-standard design often contain a horizontal panel for placement of headgear.
Today, the wall panel hangers are made of particleboard, MDF, wood, metal and plastic. The best option is a combination of the first two materials, which is reflected in the reduction in the cost of the product. Most of these hangers are complemented by metal hooks.
If you want to emphasize the elegance of the interior, is better to give preference to wooden hangers with a high quality lacquer coating. When you need the most lightweight, easy to install design, attention should be paid to the plastic products.
The advantages of wall hangers
But hanger-hooks wall mounted? First of all, it should be noted here:
- significant savings in free space
- the wide availability and low cost of most products
- simple and quick installation
- the ability to withstand high loads
- no need for a uniform hanging clothes, as is the case in the operation of outdoor hangers in the form of vertical racks.
This decision, as the coat hook wall mounted, has some disadvantages. Immediately it is worth noting that securely fasten this hanger is not on every wall. If the surface is loose, hollow or contains expensive the veneer, the installation process can be significantly hampered.
Another disadvantage of the hangers with the hooks – the need for fixation of the structure in a static position. While the outdoor fixture can easily move to any available angle, operation wall-mounted models do not give such possibility.
In the end, the wall hooks are located in close proximity to the plaster or Wallpaper. Therefore, as the use of such devices there is a gradual abrasion of the decorative layer in contact with clothes.
Tips for choosing
Choosing wall hooks as a means for hanging outer clothing, attention should be paid to the following:
- Before buying a wall hanger with hooks is to perform the measurements in the intended installation location. This approach will allow you to choose a fixture that will fit perfectly in the room.
- It is desirable that the wall hooks are not only known for its high reliability and ability to withstand high loads, but also was easy to install.
- Better to give preference to products made of a wear-resistant material, removing the factor of visual appeal on the second plan. This will allow you to count on maximum long-term operation of the structure.
- If you plan to hang outerwear for loops, you should select the hooks negligible thickness which do not have solid endings.
As can be seen, not to be mistaken with a choice of wall hanger, early enough to determine the intended loads, parameters and design. More than outerwear, hats and accessories to be stored on the hooks, the stronger must be the design. Ultimately, the key to successful, long-term operation of racking is a high-quality Assembly of components and the implementation of reliable installation.