The crust on the head of the newborn: is it worth to worry and how to remove it
Many moms and dads, bringing it from the hospital enchanting a bundle and seeing your baby for the first time may notice that there is some kind of crust on the head of the newborn. In some children it can appear later — after weeks or even months. The phenomenon is fairly common and are not dangerous. Attentive daily care for the scalp baby will soon bear fruit — the crust will disappear.
The unpleasant appearance of the child and slow hair growth are two main problems, which causes the crust on the head of the newborn. Usually it is yellow and can be quite dense and thick, but sometimes in the form of flakes on the skin.
In the first months of life this phenomenon is called "lullaby cap". It can remind about yourself to one and a half to two years. The reason — the intensive work of the sebaceous glands. Less common factors that affect the appearance of the baby on the head crust can be:
- improper care (frequent washing of the head)
- the predisposition to allergies
- incorrectly chosen cosmetic product (soap, lotion, oil, cream, etc.)
- improper nutrition of the baby or mother (if the child is breastfed)
- the baby's head sweats in a hat, etc.
The crust on the head of a newborn usually located on the top, but may appear in the forehead or in the area of Fontanelle. The main thing — to start fighting timely, otherwise the crusts are layered, and dense layer prevents growth of the delicate hair of a baby.
Many parents are wondering how to remove the crust on the head of the crumbs are beginning to soap when bathing baby. Don't abuse it, and especially do not wash the head often with a special shampoo. This will make it worse. The crust will shrivel and resemble translucent sticky dandruff, which is much more difficult to remove, besides, it can spread over the entire head. Begin to fight the crust rules!
Three steps to a beautiful head
First warn young mothers — the crust on the head of the newborn should not soskablivanija neither nails nor any of the fixtures! In any case! In the cracks and sores that may remain after such manipulations may be infected.
- The first step is to soften crust. About an hour before bathing generously oil your scalp baby oil — baby or vegetable. Suitable liquid petrolatum. From top to wear the cap — it will warm the baby's head and will not allow the oil to get dirty all around. Before bathing massage your baby's head with a soft brush — you'll see how some of the crust will flake away from the skin.
- The second step is bathing. Lather baby's head with a special shampoo and rinse. It is not necessary to lather more than once. Blot your head with a soft towel. Not blowdrying!
- Step three — brushing. Most crusts should leave the baby's head when bathing. The remaining hair flakes you need to brush a special children's comb with blunt teeth or brush with soft synthetic bristles. Don't be afraid to actively comb the hair in the region of the Fontanelle!
If, after the first bathing of the crust remains, repeat the procedure after one or two days and, if necessary, once a month for prevention.