The artificial feeding of the newborn: basic rules
When the baby from the first days of life, it feeds on mother's milk is natural. These foods, created by nature itself, gives little the body all the essential minerals and vitamins. However, there are times when you need artificial feeding of the newborn.
Why does this happen?
Reasons for this may be several:
- lack or insufficient amount of milk from a woman
- the presence of the mother mental disorders
- heavy pregnancy
- the metabolic disorders in the child.
Also artificial feeding of the newborn may be due to different social reasons:
- inability to breast-feed in connection with work or studies
- the failure of the baby from the breast
- poor weight gain newborn
- the reluctance of the mother to nurse the child.
Almost all of the reasons if you wish to overcome and to refuse to be transferred to the artificial feeding of the newborn. But if breastfeeding is not possible, you should always consult with your pediatrician regarding the rules of the use of mixtures.
Artificial feeding a newborn baby how to choose the mix?
Gastrointestinal tract and enzymatic system of the baby is imperfect. It is therefore very important to find a quality mixture.
Before you buy the product, you need to study the label. To the artificial feeding of the newborn brought only benefits, manufacturers have tried to create a quality equivalent to breast milk.
- Proteins. This component present in the mixture plays a very important role not only for the growth of small tissues of the body, but also participates in the synthesis of amino acids.
- Carbohydrates. To adapt the carbs to the mixture was added lactose. It improves the assimilation of minerals, as well as the intestines.
- Fats. Mixture include polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are present only in fats of plant origin. Depends on the physical development of the child and the formation of brain structures.
- Amino acids. For a balanced diet of crumbs needed taurine and carnitine. They definitely added to the adapted formulas.
- Oligosaccharides (a prebiotic fiber). They enhance the growth of beneficial bifidobacteria in the intestine. This protects the baby from infections, allergies, dysbiosis.
The artificial feeding of the newborn: how to organize the process?
To bottle feeding brought maximum benefit, should be held to the following rules:
- To choose a quality mix that meets all the needs of the child.
- Strictly observe the rules of preparation of the product specified on the packaging.
- To keep clean the dishes for feeding.
- If the baby is breastfed and the mixture plays the role of supplementary feeding, feed your baby artificial nutrition only after the initiation of breastfeeding, and not Vice versa.
- If baby developed an allergic reaction such as rashes on the skin, you must discard this mixture and after consultation with the pediatrician to choose the more suitable option.
If the artificial feeding of the newborn is a necessity, then you should make everything possible so that the baby felt no change. The kid-iskusstvennykh warmth and hugs mom needs especially. Should as often as possible to take the baby in his hands, talking to him during feeding be sure to make eye contact.
Quality nutrition, communication and love that you need baby for harmonious development.