When the child begins to speak and how to help him master it
Asking the question about when a child begins to speak, it should be understood that this is not happening spontaneously. The first conscious words and sentences are preceded by several so-called preparatory stages.
Stages of speech development
From the first days after birth, the baby appear initial voice response, namely, weeping and screaming. Of course, they are still very far from normal us speech, but this is an important process that can lead to respiratory, articulation and voice devices. After 2 weeks, the baby begins to respond to voices talking, listen, when talking with him. But with 2-3 months in children there is a characteristic "goo-goo" (sounds like "yeah", "AGU", gkkh, etc.). Up to six months, babies continue to "play" with sounds this way, and by 7-8 months of age they have the ability to imitate the sounds uttered by adults ("mA-mA-mA", "da-da-da", "PA-PA-PA," etc.). This means that the moment when the child begins to speak, is not far off.
What determines when a child talks?
You should understand that all children develop individually, and one answer to the question of when a child begins to speak, simply does not exist. However, it is noticed that the sensible kids who prefer a relaxing game surrounded by toys, you begin to speak earlier. And restless, eager to explore the world around them, to touch and to taste, just do not have time to study more and to speak – their lives are already full of bright impressions.
On average, girls had uttered the first words, and the boys, this moment comes later in a few weeks. However, everything here, again, is relative.
Then, when the child begins to speak, also depends on the attitude in the family. If you constantly indulge all his wishes, I think of him a few steps forward, the stimulus to talk just will not – he'll get what he wants. Tensions between native and depressing atmosphere in the home also adversely affect the development of speech, the baby becomes reclusive and withdrawn.
On average, the basic vocabulary should form the baby to 15-18 months. But if the age of 2-3 years old baby babbling and barely utters only a few words, it is better to consult a doctor who will help to identify the reason for the delay. Maybe he had tongue-tie, which prevents him from speaking or poor hearing.
How to help your child start to talk?
Of course, until the moment when the child begins to speak in sentences, is still far away. But to hasten this time you can, if you help the kid to master oral speech. What do I need to do?
- Comment on their actions ("my Mother feeds Anna gruel", "the Mother washes the Olga pens" and so on), show the kid around and call them. Soon, hearing a familiar word, the child will be able to show on the subject. It is extremely useful to help your toddler begin to realize it.
- Ask the child to do something, for example, to bring the familiar to him in the name of the toy or to approach someone of the parents.
- Read baby stories, sing nursery rhymes, show different pictures and explain what are the names of the depicted objects.
- In any case, do not use baby talk! You should pronounce the words clearly and precisely, otherwise the baby will not understand how they are pronounced.
- Try to speak in simple sentences – complex kids often ignored.
- At some time is to limit the communication of the crumbs with relatives and friends who have a speech impediment – stutter, Lisp, Burr, etc.
Be patient and soon your family will come that wonderful moment when the child begins to speak. Komorowski, as well as many other distinguished pediatricians of our country, never tire of repeating that the most important thing is to let the kid develop and not put pressure on him. Even if he hasn't said at that time, when all peers are learning to put words into whole sentences, most likely, at this time he is just developing other areas of thought and action, and therefore there is no need for concern!