What could be the consequences of sterilization of cats
As with any surgical intervention, the operation of removing the sexual glands in cats can be complicated. However, the severity of the consequences, and their very appearance, largely depends on thorough preparation and postoperative animal care. It must be remembered that the benefits of surgery outweigh its risk. Nepremenno animal will be spared from constant frustration and opportunities for the development of suppurative and neoplastic diseases of the genital organs. The owner will have peace, and will eliminate the need to attach countless litters of kittens.
Of course, it has this operation (neutering cats) consequences. Owner reviews of the animals show that they do not tend Pets of any particular species to the complications. For convenience, we classify the latter according to the cause. And let us consider what might be the consequences of sterilization of cats. Talk first about the negative aspects.
- Associated with the characteristics of the organism of the nursling. This could include individual intolerance of drugs. In this case, the cat occur anaphylactic reaction (allergic), acute renal or liver failure.
- The effects of sterilization of cats caused by the diseases from which she suffered at the time of surgery. Cardiovascular disorders in elderly pet or animals with diseases of the lungs, blood vessels and heart.
- Complications due to violation of surgical technique. We include here the same medical errors. This group put such postoperative complications as:
— joints that can occur in the doctor's fault, if he did not observe equipment
— peritonitis — purulent inflammation of the peritoneum (this happens rarely if the operation were performed under normal conditions in the operating room).
- Health problems, caused by poor maintenance (e.g., failure of sutures). Cats often pull the threads of them, occasionally if too active movements cut tissue and the wound falling apart. If you “collapsed” the whole thickness of the wall, then out will fall part of the internal organs. Hernia — failure of sutures of the abdominal wall except the skin, in the formed gap “fall out” of internal organs, and can be felt under the skin. This situation occurs some time after the operation, when the external stitches are healed. Should comply with the postoperative recommendations of your doctor and monitor your pet.
- Long-term consequences of sterilization of cats.
Obesity is not a direct and inevitable result of this operation. Just be aware that neutered the animal spends significantly less vitality, since it has no sexual instinct. This means that the caloric intake should be reduced. If you do not, of course, the cat will gain weight.
“Negastriinae” — this is not always the mistake of the doctor, not to completely remove the ovary. Because some cats have extra ovarian tissue outside of the reproductive glands — around her or even in another part of the body (plus the ovary). The animal will show symptoms of heat, but if the uterus is removed, pregnant cat can not.
In addition to addressing the above psychological and physiological problems, from previously sterilized pet is an improvement of the physical development of the skeleton and muscular system. You also need to consider that reduced the likelihood of an accident with an animal, escaped from the house in search of romantic adventure.
Of course, the host, whether in each case the operation is to sterilise the cats. Care for the animals we remind you, is simple. The doctor usually tells in detail about what and how to do it. Full rehabilitation takes about two weeks.