What could be the consequences of sterilization of a cat
Like any surgical intervention, the operation of removing the gonads in a cat can be complicated. However, the severity of the consequences, and even their occurrence, largely depends on the thoroughness of the preparation of the animal and the post-operative care for it.It must be remembered that the advantages of the operation still outweigh its risk. The non-tribal animal will be freed from constant dissatisfaction and the possibility of developing purulent and neoplastic diseases of the genital organs. The master will receive rest, and the need to build countless litters of kittens will disappear.
Of course, this operation (sterilization of cats) has consequences. The responses of the owners of animals show that there is no tendency for the animals of any particular breed to develop complications. For convenience, we classify the latter because of the occurrence. And we will consider in more detail, what can be the consequences of sterilization of a cat. Let's talk first about negative aspects.
- Associated with the peculiarities of the body pythomies. This includes individual intolerance to narcotic drugs. In this case, the cat has anaphylactic reactions (allergic), acute renal or hepatic insufficiency.
- The consequences of sterilization of a cat caused by diseases that she suffered at the time of surgery. These are cardiovascular disorders in elderly ptomes or in animals with lung, vascular and heart disease.
- Complications due to a violation of the technique of the operation. We will refer here medical errors. In this group we place such postoperative complications as:
- divergence of stitches, which can occur through the fault of the doctor, if he did not observe the technique; Other complications during the operation: ureteral cutting, bleeding, if the doctor has badly bandaged the vessels of the uterus and ovary;
- peritonitis - purulent inflammation of the peritoneum (this happens rarely if the operation was performed under normal conditions in the operating room).
- Health problems caused by improper care (for example, insufficiency of sutures). Cats often pull out threads from them, occasionally with too active movements the tissues are cut and the wound breaks up. If the entire thickness of the seam of the wall "falls apart", then part of the internal organs will fall outside. Hernias - the inconsistency of the seams of the abdominal wall, except for the dermal, the internal organs fall out into the formed slit, and they can be probed under the skin. This situation occurs some time after the operation, when the most external seams have healed. It is necessary to follow the doctor's post-operative recommendations and follow the ptotomy.
- Long-term consequences of sterilization of a cat.
Obesity is not at all a direct and inevitable result of this operation. Just keep in mind that the castrated animal spends much less life energy, because it lacks sexual instinct. This means that the caloric content of the diet should be reduced. If this is not done, of course, the cat will gain excess weight.
"Nedosterilizatsiya" - not always a mistake of a doctor who did not completely remove the ovary. Since some cats have extra ovarian tissue outside the sex gland - next to it or even in another part of the body (an additional ovary). The animal will have symptoms of estrus, but if the uterus is removed, the cat can not become pregnant.
In addition to solving the above-described psychological and physiological problems, the early sterilized pythomies have an improvement in the physical development of the skeleton and the muscular system. It should also be taken into account that the probability of an accident with an animal running away from home in search of a romantic adventure is reduced.
Decide, of course, the owner, is it necessary in each case, the operation - sterilization of the cat. Care of the animal, recall, is simple. The doctor usually tells in detail about what and how to do. All rehabilitation takes about two weeks.