How to choose a backpack for a first grader
"First time — first class!" This is a very important and exciting event for a child, so your task — to correctly assemble it to school. But the main thing for someone who first went to study? Of course, portfolio. Schoolbag for a first grader must meet many criteria, and therefore his choice should be approached responsibly and, of course, in advance. Your child has grown up, and now instead of soft toys that he dragged with him to kindergarten, he will have to carry heavy books and notebooks.
Best backpack for a first grader must meet the following requirements:
- The empty weight of the portfolio must not exceed 900 g. This criterion is very important because if even an empty backpack will be heavy for a child, along with books simply can not be raised. In addition, there are European standards, which filled the portfolio should weigh no more than 10% of the body weight of the child. Given that child going to first grade, weighs on average 20 to 30 kg, the load on the back should be about 2-3 kg. So the backpack for a first grader easy to be initially, to fill it with school supplies.
- As the material of which needs to be stitched briefcase, it is better to choose polyester. It is sturdy, waterproof, wear-resistant, fade-resistant and tolerates normal washing. Fabric the backpack for a first grader will get wet during the first bad weather and will quickly lose its shape.
- Pay attention to the accessories of the backpack. Zipper needs to be broad, and dogs – large. For a child should be easy to open and close your portfolio.
- Schoolbag for a first grader needs to be with a hard bottom. Otherwise, the books placed in it will start to pull the backpack down, thus creating a huge strain on the back of your child.
- The back of the knapsack to be orthopedic and repeat the anatomy of the back of your little student. This will allow you to keep the posture of the child, and will not cause discomfort when wearing a heavy backpack.
- The strap of the knapsack is also a very important point which you should pay attention when choosing. They should be wide enough and padded to not dig into the shoulders of the child. Better if they are with a special lining which will reduce the pressure of weight.
Good backpack for a first grader, of course, will be provided and additional features that are not less important for daily use:
- the upper handle should be made in such a way to carry the briefcase in hand was uncomfortable – this is another reason to wear a backpack on the shoulders
- the surface of the briefcase is provided with reflective elements, which is a necessary attribute in the dark
- the straps of the pack should be easily adjusted, and they must be equipped with padded inserts
- the portfolio should be several internal compartments to a first grader could accurately lay out the notebooks and textbooks. Outside should be an extra pocket in which the child will put a container of Breakfast.
Remember, choose the pack you need only a child. So you can choose the right size and the colors that will appeal to him.