How to make a portfolio for a first-grader yourself
Recently, in schools, when a child entered the first class, teachers began to demand the presence of a portfolio. This is a very convenient form of storing all important information about the student. At the same time, it is supplemented annually with new materials. Most parents do not know how to make a portfolio for a first-grader. Therefore, they turn to the salons, which are engaged in the printing of texts.
Importance of portfolio in training
Portfolio in the translation from Italian means "folder with documents". However, it is used in schools not only in its usual meaning. This is a very convenient tool for the development of the child, which will help him to love the process of gaining knowledge independently. Of course, at first the baby needs the help of adults, afterwards he will learn how to fill his folder in person. After all, he does not yet know how to make a portfolio for a first-grader.
And the folder contains:
- information about the student himself and his family;
- reading and writing;
- creative work;
- various projects;
- certificates of participation in various competitions.
To develop the interest of the child, the folder can be made with the children. The purchased portfolio immediately excludes the possibility of developing cognitive interest. Each page teaches the child to analyze and improve.
For convenience, all information is divided into sections. Everyone compares the achievements of children and helps to succeed in gaining knowledge. Parents should, together with their child, compose a portfolio of first-graders. A sample of ready-made work is usually available to every teacher.
As partitions you can take the following:
- "My world". This is a large section that includes a story about the child's family, about his hobbies, about friends. Here the child can show creativity and fill it up himself.
- "My studies". Here we are talking about everything that happens in school: first successes, school friends, a teacher, favorite subjects and others.
- "My hobbies and interests." The child lists all that he is interested in, and what he would like to do.
- "My achievements".
- «Reviews about work».
- "My best work."
All information must be carefully entered in the portfolio for the first-grader. Templates can be borrowed from friends.
The following recommendations will help you understand how to make a portfolio for a first-grader. For work you need: ready templates, scissors, photos, beautiful folder, markers and pencils.
- The title page should reflect the individuality of the first-grader.
- The content indicates all the sections of the folder.
- The section "Achievements" includes all the letters, projects and other evidence that indicate the child's work. It is important to follow the chronology.
- The section "My best works" includes all the works the first-grader is proud of. It can be essays, photos from various competitions, drawings and crafts.
- The most important section is a sheet that reflects academic progress.
Following small recommendations, the child and his parents will be able to understand how to make a portfolio for a first-grader on their own, and carry out the plan. This folder will clearly demonstrate the development of the student throughout the entire learning process.