How to improve memory and attention in children? Tips for parents of preschooler
The development of memory and attention is one of the most important moments in the upbringing of children of preschool age. It is much more important than the acquisition of specific skills (teaching, reading, speaking, writing). And this is due to the fact that the ability to focus on a particular task to notice the little things and quickly learn new information equally useful in the study of any region.
How to improve memory and attention in children? First and foremost it depends on the age of the child. In the first years of life toddlers are actively developing, and every short period of their development has its own characteristics:
- Up to 1 year. This period generally develops motor memory. That is the best baby learns the movements that performs. And better remembered by those who were accompanied by certain emotions and/or had some kind of result.
- 1-2 years. The volume and strength of memorization in this period increase. The baby begins to remember and recognize relatives (other than parents). From the two shaped memory is formed, this explains the fact that the first conscious memories of man, as a rule, belong to this period.
- 2-4 years. A new period in the life of the child makes regular changes in the development processes of memory. At this age the baby begins to remember more complicated words, he laid the foundations of logical thinking. In addition, expanding the range of received and captured in the memory of motor skills.
- 4-6 years. The child in this period can spontaneously remember anything, but mostly in memory of what he is interested in what is strong and vivid emotions.
How to improve memory and attention in children? There are several effective exercises for the development of memory, and now we consider the main ones:
- The first exercise is ideal for developing motor memory. Of course, the most interesting, if the participants in the game somewhat. The point is simple: the child is blindfolded, and the adult guardian becomes the "puppet master". His task is to hold the baby by the shoulders, on a particular route (for example, to take 3 steps left, 2 back, then sit down and take another 4 steps to the right). After that, with the eyes of a child off the bandage, and he should pass this way.
- Speaking about how to develop memory and attention in children, it is impossible not to recall one more familiar to us from childhood games. You need to print two images – original and a copy of which will be missing some elements (or to be new). The child's task – to find differences between these two pictures.
- Auditory and associative memory can also be improved. There is a special exercise for this. Mom or dad calls the word, such as "candy". The child should describe appearance, some properties of an object or action that it is possible to do. In the case of candy it can be the words "sweet, pleasant smell, you can chew or dissolve". In addition, the development of auditory memory is very good exercise when the baby repeats (taps) rhythm, set adults.
Continuing the theme of how to develop memory and attention, should definitely say that the best kids are trained in the process of the game. There are a huge number of educational games. A vivid example – our favourite since childhood mazes. They can draw yourself, or download. Not smaller interest is represented by a game of confusion in which the child needs to determine which of a tangle knits, or what the road to what castle is. When we develop memory, attention, reasoning and logic, as it is impossible by the way will be exercises in which the child needs to connect in sequence the points to make a picture. You can also make cards that will depict objects whose names sound alike (for example, spoon and cat, Rosa and Rosa). The task of the baby – pick the appropriate pairs of pictures. Game develop memory and attention, you can buy in the store or make your own.