How are twins born? Belly after childbirth twins
Pregnancy is a welcome and enjoyable event for parents. However, in some cases, it prepares a surprise. When a woman first visits a doctor, she may find out that she will have two instead of one baby. The most frightening and little-known issue is the birth of twins, about which there are many diverse stories.
Physiological signs of pregnancy twins
Experienced moms can determine the number of developing babies at the earliest possible dates, but there are not many such babies. Therefore it is not bad to know certain signs that indicate the multiple pregnancy:
- As a result of the pregnancy test, the second band appears very clearly, which indicates a high concentration of gonadotropin hormone in the urine.
- Rapid weight gain is the first sign of the development of twins. In a woman who has one baby, in the first 12 weeks the weight increases by only 2-3 kg, while in multiple pregnancies this figure increases at least twice.
- Rapid growth of the abdomen. Active growth in single-pregnancy is observed on the 5th-6th month, whereas in a woman who is pregnant with twins, in the fourth month she has a big enough belly.
- Severe toxicosis accompanies pregnant twins until late. In addition to nausea and bouts of vomiting, severe dizziness is observed that does not allow a woman to get out of bed normally and lead a habitual way of life.
- When carrying out a blood test, a high level of gonadotropin is noted together with a lack of iron concentration. For the first trimester, this is a common occurrence.
- When you visit a gynecologist, the doctor can feel two baby heads or hear two heartbeats. After the 10th week, you can carry out ultrasound, which will accurately know the number of bearing fruits. It is on ultrasound that the upcoming birth of twins can be confirmed. The second birth is more favorable, and there are fewer complications than in the primiparous.
All these signs indicate early pregnancy, but do not forget about the individual characteristics of the body, because of which it is possible to misinterpret the first signs of a two-fetal pregnancy.
Psychological signs of pregnancy twins
In addition to physiological changes in the body, you can notice strong psychological changes:
- Increased fatigue manifests, as a rule, from the second trimester, but it can be seen already in the first month of pregnancy. This is due to the increase in energy costs necessary for the body to bear pregnancy.
- At pregnant twins vagabonds and frequent changes of mood are much stronger. This is due to severe hormonal restructuring, since the body carries a double load.
- Strong experiences because of childbirth often drive a woman depressed. She constantly worries that there will be any problems, winds herself up. On the last terms, there can be feelings about the impossibility of combining the education of two children at once, especially for mothers, who will not be helped by anyone.
At this time, the woman must be maintained and reassured so that she is confident in her abilities and in the presence of help and support. A woman is not only physically, but also psychologically difficult to transfer the birth of twins. Photos of happy mothers, of course, inspire optimism, but in the presence of even minor complications, the woman begins to suffer greatly.
The course of pregnancy twins
During pregnancy, the body of a woman undergoes a strong hormonal surge, in addition, the general load on the musculoskeletal system, cardiovascular and other systems is also growing. When pregnancy twins, this load increases several times, because the mother's body must ensure sufficient nutrition and excretion of metabolic products not only of one's body, but also of two growing babies.
In the course of multiple pregnancies, there are many difficulties that need to be anticipated in advance to preserve it. Because of the high pressure on the cervix during pregnancy, premature birth of twins, the outflow of amniotic fluid, the development of gestosis, severe toxicosis and other complications are often observed.
In the past 3-4 weeks, a woman is in the hospital, which allows doctors to regularly monitor her condition and development of babies, monitor the course of pregnancy and in time to carry out the necessary measures to preserve the fruit or unintended delivery.
Cesarean section in pregnancy twins
How the twins are born, excites many women who face multiple pregnancies. Since it is impossible to foresee how your organism and your children will behave, I would like to at least get acquainted with possible variants of development of childbirth, complications and subsequent care for newborns.
Pregnancy often ends with a planned caesarean section. If there are indications, it may be necessary to sew the cervix. This will prolong the pregnancy for several weeks, to take the kids to the required time and prevent premature opening of the cervix.
Cesarean section ensures the birth of healthy babies without birth trauma, which can occur with natural childbirth. A future mother needs to seriously consider the issue of childbirth and consult a doctor who can suggest the best option.
Natural childbirth of twins
Independent twin births are possible only in the case of a normal course of pregnancy, the absence of any pathologies and infections in the body, and also with the availability of qualified doctors. The most important factor in choosing natural births or caesarean section is the position of the fruit, since after the birth of the first child the second often incorrectly unfolds and sticks in the birth canal.
In some cases on natural births there is a need to conduct an unscheduled caesarean section. The pregnant woman should be warned about the possibility of such a development of events in advance. The doctor should tell why this can happen, and reassure the woman, since the operation is carried out in order to minimize possible risks and complications for both the kids and the mother.
Features of twin genera
The period of gestation with two fruits is reduced from forty weeks to 35-37 weeks. This period is the most favorable for the course of labor. In the event that the birth begins before the 35th week, they are considered premature.
The birth of twins in a natural way can have unpredictable consequences, therefore it is necessary to approach this question very responsibly. Possible loss of parts of the bodies of fruits, or hinges of the umbilical cord. Babies can get confused in the umbilical cord or mate with each other. Also, even with the correct position in labor, the fruits can dramatically change their position, thereby increasing complexity.
The length of labor can greatly increase, from which both mother and children will suffer. In especially severe cases, it is possible to get stuck in the birth canal, then there is a great danger to their life.
Umbilical hernia after pregnancy
Because of the large weight of babies, not only the uterine overgrowth may occur, but also the umbilical hernia may form. This stretches the muscle ring, which can only be removed surgically.
In the absence of pain, doctors often leave a hernia and watch her. But mothers, who are constantly without help and often carry children in their arms, need to take care of their health, as in the future, complications and pinching of the muscles are possible.
Also, when umbilical hernia is not recommended to exercise, so as not to load the already damaged muscles. It is important to remember that the twin genera and consequences after them largely depend on the genetics and individual characteristics of the organism, therefore it is better if the doctor in a particular case determines the mother's capabilities and appoints appropriate treatment if necessary.
Belly after the birth of twins: how to get back in shape?
The frequent occurrence after delivery is the appearance of stretch marks and flabbiness of the abdomen. Changing the figure often adversely affects the psychological state of a woman who is very tired when caring for children. About the birth of twins reviews on the Internet can be found different. This is due to the individuality of the female body and the characteristics of genetics.
Lack of free time and opportunity to engage in their own health can significantly worsen the picture and lead to the development of diseases. Return to the form with this mode is quite difficult, and even if the extra pounds with time go away from fatigue and an active lifestyle, then coping with skin changes is much more difficult. Often, only plastic can correct the situation, which is not always possible.
Diastasis after childbirth
Diastasis is a discrepancy between the vertical muscles of the abdomen. To correct this problem without surgical intervention is impossible, since the muscles need to be stitched. You can determine the presence of diastase yourself. It looks like a fovea over the navel, it is possible to feel this fossa in the prone position.
With diastase, you need to see a doctor, because it is impossible to solve the problem with the help of exercises. This can lead to the development of complications. The natural birth of twins, like the cesarean section, does not affect the appearance of diastasis. It is the result of a strong stretching of the muscles and occurs even in singleton pregnancy.