How to get into nursing homes? How can I get in a nursing home retiree
Most retirees prefer to spend their old age at home, within its walls. However, it happens that an elderly person has no children or close relatives who can provide proper care. In this case, just need to know how to get to the nursing home.
Registration in a state institution
Every year it is fixed more and more lonely elderly people who are unable to provide for themselves a good life. The only solution is a nursing home. Of course, we cannot say that the living conditions there at the highest level. However, staff provide the necessary care for each guest. Besides do not forget that communication with other people in advanced age also plays an important role.
How to get into nursing homes, can be found in the social security bodies at the place of residence of the person. You would have to write a statement and provide documents for clearance.
Do I need any documents:
- The passport of the person of the applicant.
- Health insurance – in the original.
- Pension certificate.
- If you have a disability, it is mandatory to provide a certificate.
When will be prepared all the necessary papers, they need to transmit to social services to ensure that they are all checked. Will be assigned to a special Commission, whose duties include checking the conditions of life, which is retired, and whether he had any relatives. If it is confirmed that an elderly person is not able to care for themselves independently, then it is determined at the orphanage, will give a conclusion and direction for staying there.
Who can get into a nursing home
Before we get to the nursing home, be sure to fill out a questionnaire in the bodies of social protection and to provide a full package of necessary documents. The candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Age category. Men must be at least 60 years, women — not less than 55.
- Having a disability first and second groups, as evidenced by a certificate.
- Veterans of the war.
In institutions of this type can be designed invalids of the first, second group or those seniors who suffer from senile dementia. Guardian or relative must be in addition to the application form and documents to present a certificate from the attending physician that confirms the diagnosis of a pensioner.
Depending on the disability or degree of incapacity will be assigned to special care. Each case is considered based on many secondary factors.
Payment stay at home
In most cases, seniors sent to nursing home the state. How to get there, who will pay stay — these and other questions can be specified at the bodies of social protection.
There are two main options:
- Your booking for the retiree pays their own fees from their pension. Usually to pay out 75 % of the amount of the other 25 % are delivered to the person.
- It is possible that the pensioner has children, but they live abroad and are unable to provide the parent's attention and care. The cost of a nursing home in this case can produce any close relatives.
Who acquires the property of a pensioner
In the preparation of documents need to know not only how to get into the nursing home, but who gets the estate of the pensioner. There are three scenario:
- In that case, if an elderly person has children or other close relatives, they have full right to dispose of property that will remain.
- If the pensioner no one, he may convey real estate or other possessions of the boarding house in which to live. It will pay for its upkeep and stay in the nursing home.
- In that case, if the pensioner has no relatives and he did not pass on their property, the government has every right to confiscate their property.
Private pension – a decent old age for each
Homes today there is not only public but also private. Companies of this type are considered the best for seniors who want to age with dignity. Private nursing homes have better care of the guests, a high level of comfort and qualified medical care. Then the pensioners will not only communicate with others their age, but also to receive the necessary treatment.
However, it is worth noting that not everyone can afford the luxury. If state institutions are overcrowded, in private places very much. It's the cost of living: it is very high. If you are wondering how to get to live in a nursing home, contact social services, they will give you a list of public and private institutions.
The advantages of nursing homes
Of course, many may say that it is awful when an elderly person spends old age in a place like this. But, if you look at this issue from another side: what about those pensioners who have no one and who just want to age? The only solution is a nursing home. How to get there, to learn is very simple, the main thing — to prepare the necessary documents.
So, consider the advantages that can be identified in nursing homes:
- For older people the clock care.
- Good food, mostly dietary, which is safe for the body of a pensioner.
- Availability special strollers, comfortable beds for those who are unable to walk independently.
- A variety of activities – walks, books, games.
- Permanent inspection by the relevant doctors, medication.
- Communication with their peers.
- To pay in a public institution from his pension.
- If you have relatives, they may visit the pensioner at any weekend and even sometimes to leave the city for a walk.
Doesn't matter if you are talking about a public institution or a private nursing home is a great option for those retirees who want to feel fit and confident. Constant communication, care of the personnel pension and other criteria give the guests a smile, which is good for overall health.
Psychological and medical assistance
Each person that enters the nursing home required constant assistance. And not only medical, but also psychological.
In any institution there is a staff of experienced doctors who are constantly monitoring the state of the guests. In addition, do not forget about the fact that pensioners will be able at any time to communicate with each other. This is actually a huge plus. The house, in four walls, sometimes there is a feeling of helplessness and uselessness. In the nursing home will not. Constant communication will allow you to feel much better to learn a lot from their peers and even make friends. Because without friends it is impossible, regardless of age.
How to get to the nursing home retiree
How to get to the orphanage pensioner, who can not independently to care for themselves, has no relatives and with a difficult move? In fact, the way out of this situation is. If you are not able to reach the social services, they can just call and ask to come home. Imagine employees all the necessary documents for registration, and they will take care of it.
Do not be afraid: there you will provide not only medical care but also psychological support.
How to get into nursing homes, has now become more clear. Not necessarily that all the people there were abandoned by their families. It's possible that they just left, and the boarding house became a second home. For such people it is very important that they spend old age alone.
How to get into nursing homes and what you need to do:
- To address in bodies of social protection.
- Fill out the application and check whether you qualify by all criteria.
- To decide who gets your property. If no relatives, then the best option would be to transfer the property to a boarding house as payment for staying with them.
- To wait for all the paperwork (and it doesn't take a lot of time).
- To spend old age in circle of their peers, to find proper care and a good mood.
Now you know how to get into nursing homes and what is needed. You personally have no need for this, but do you know of an incapacitated neighbor, for which there is no one to care for, help her, give her a dignified old age in the circle of care and communication with people. The orphanage will be a real salvation, a real catch for those seniors who want to enjoy life and not feel alone.