How do they get to nursing homes? How can I get to a retirement home for the elderly?
Most pensioners prefer to spend the old age at home, within their walls. However, it happens that an elderly person does not have children or close relatives who can provide proper care. In this case, you just need to know how to get into the nursing home.
Registration in a state institution
Every year more and more single elderly people are registered, who are unable to provide for themselves a good life. The only solution is a nursing home. Of course, we can not say that the conditions of residence there at the highest level. However, employees provide the necessary care for each guest. In addition, do not forget that communication with other people in old age is also important.
How to get to nursing homes, you can find out in the bodies of social protection in the place of residence of a person. There you will need to write an application and provide a package of documents for registration.
What documents will be needed:
- Passport of the applicant person.
- The policy of medical insurance - in the original.
- Pensioner's ID.
- If there is a disability, it is necessary to provide a certificate without fail.
When all the necessary papers are prepared, they need to be handed over to the social service in order for them to check everything. A special commission will be appointed, whose duties include checking the living conditions in which the pensioner is, and whether he has any relatives. If it is confirmed that an elderly person is not able to take care of himself on his own, then he will be identified in a boarding house, given a conclusion and a referral to stay there.
Who can get into a nursing home?
Before you go to a nursing home, you must fill out a special form in the social protection agencies and provide a full package of necessary documents. The candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Age category. Men should be at least 60 years old, women - at least 55.
- The presence of disability first and second group, confirmed by a certificate.
- War veterans.
In institutions of this type, disabled persons of the first, second group or those pensioners who suffer from senile dementia can be registered. The guardian or relative will need to submit a certificate from the attending physician, in addition to the application and documents, which confirms the diagnosis of the pensioner.
Depending on the disability group or the degree of incapacity, special care will be assigned. Each case is considered taking into account many minor factors.
Payment of stay in the boarding house
In most cases, pensioners are sent to the nursing home of the state. How to get there, who will pay for the stay - these and other issues are specified by the social protection authorities.
There are two main options for the development of events:
- The pensioner pays his living expenses on his own from his pension. Usually 75% of the amount is spent on payment, the other 25% is given to the person.
- It is possible that a pensioner has children, but they live abroad and can not provide the parent with attention and care. In this case, any close relatives can pay for living in a nursing home.
To whom the property of the pensioner passes
When preparing documents, you need to know not only how you can get to the nursing home, but also who will get the property of the pensioner. There are three scenarios for the development of events:
- In the event that an elderly person has children or other close relatives, they have the full right to dispose of the property that will remain.
- If a pensioner has no one, he can transfer real estate or other property to the boarding house in which he will live. This will be payment for his maintenance and stay in a nursing home.
- In the event that a pensioner has no relatives and has not transferred his property to anyone, the state has the full right to take everything back into its ownership.
Private boarding house - a decent old age for everyone
At present, boarding schools are not only state but also private. Institutions of this type are considered the best for pensioners who want to meet old age adequately. Private nursing homes are characterized by better care for the lodgers, a high level of comfort and qualified medical care. Here, retirees will not only communicate with other people of their age, but also receive the necessary treatment.
However, it is worth noting that not everyone can afford such a luxury. If public institutions are overcrowded, then in private places very much. Case in the cost of living: it is very high. If you are interested in how to get to live in a nursing home, then contact the social service, where you will be provided with a list of public and private institutions.
Advantages of a nursing home
Of course, many can say that it's terrible - when an elderly person spends an old age in such a place. But, if you look at this question from the other side: what to do to those pensioners who do not have anyone who simply wants to meet old age adequately? The only way out is the nursing home. How to get there, it's very easy to learn, the main thing is to prepare the necessary documents.
So, let's consider the advantages that can be distinguished in the boarding houses:
- For the elderly, 24-hour care is provided.
- Good food, mainly dietary, which is safe for the body of a pensioner.
- Availability of special strollers, comfortable beds for those who can not walk by themselves.
- A variety of leisure activities - walks, books, games.
- Permanent examination by specialized doctors, medication.
- Communication with their peers.
- You can pay for living in a state institution from your pension.
- If there are relatives, they can visit the pensioner on any day off and even sometimes go to the city for a walk.
It does not matter whether it is a public institution or a private one, a nursing home is an excellent option for those retired people who want to feel needed and confident. Constant communication, care on the part of the staff of the boarding house and other criteria give smiles to the guests, which is good for the general health.
Psychological and medical assistance
Every person who gets into a nursing home needs constant help. And not only medication, but also psychological.
In any institution there is a staff of experienced doctors who constantly monitor the condition of the guests. In addition, do not forget about the fact that retirees can at any time communicate with each other. In fact, this is a huge plus. At home, in four walls, sometimes there is a feeling of helplessness and uselessness. This will not be in the nursing home. Constant communication will make you feel much better, learn a lot from your peers and even find friends. After all, no friends can be, regardless of age.
How to get to a retirement home for the elderly
How can one get into a boarding house for a pensioner who can not take care of himself, has no relatives and moves with difficulty? In fact, there is a way out of this situation. If you do not have the opportunity to get to the social service, they can just call and ask to come home. Provide employees with all the necessary documents for registration, and they themselves will do everything.
Do not be afraid: there you will be provided not only with medicamental care, but also with psychological help.
As they enter nursing homes, it is now clearer. It is not necessary that all the people there were abandoned by their families. It is possible that they simply have no one, and the boarding house became the second house. For such people it is very important that they do not spend old age alone.
How do they get into nursing homes and what needs to be done for this:
- Apply to the social protection authorities.
- Fill out the application and check if you are eligible for all criteria.
- Determine who will get your property. If there are no relatives, the best option is to transfer the property to the boarding house as payment for accommodation with them.
- Wait for the completion of all documents (usually it does not take much time).
- To spend an old age in a circle of the contempoparies, to find due leaving and excellent mood.
Now you know how to get into nursing homes and what it's for. You personally do not need this, but you know the incompetent neighbor, for whom there is no one to look after, help her, give her a decent old age in the circle of care and communication with people. The boarding school will be a real salvation, a godsend for those pensioners who want to enjoy life and not feel lonely.