How do they go to nursing homes? How can I get into a nursing home pensioner
Most pensioners prefer to spend old age at home, within their walls. However, it happens that an elderly person does not have children or close relatives who can provide proper care. In this case, you just need to know how to get into a nursing home.
Registration in a public institution
Every year more and more lonely elderly people are fixed who are not able to provide for themselves a good life. The only way out is a nursing home. Of course, one cannot say that the living conditions there are top notch. However, the staff provide the necessary care for each guest. In addition, we should not forget that communication with other people in old age also plays an important role.
How to get into nursing homes, you can find out in the social security agencies at the place of residence of the person. There you will need to write an application and provide a package of documents for registration.
What documents will be needed:
- Passport of a person applicant.
- The health insurance policy is in the original.
- Pensioner's ID.
- If you have a disability, you must provide a certificate.
When all the necessary papers have been prepared, they need to be handed over to the social service in order for them to check everything. A special commission will be appointed, whose duties include checking the living conditions in which the pensioner is located and whether he has any relatives. If it is confirmed that an elderly person is not able to care for himself on his own, then he will be determined to a boarding house, given a conclusion and direction to stay there.
Who can get into a nursing home
Before you get into a nursing home, be sure to fill out a special form in the social security authorities and provide a full package of necessary documents. The candidate must be eligible for the following criteria:
- Age category. Men should be at least 60 years old, women should be at least 55.
- The presence of disability of the first and second groups, confirmed by a certificate.
- War veterans.
Institutions of this type can be registered as disabled persons of the first, second group or those pensioners who suffer from senile dementia. The guardian or relative will need to submit, in addition to the application and documents, a certificate from the attending physician, which confirms the pensioner's diagnosis.
Depending on the disability group or degree of incapacity, special care will be assigned. Each specific case is considered taking into account many minor factors.
Payment of stay in a boarding house
In most cases, retirees are sent to a nursing home state. How to get there, who will pay for the stay - these and other questions are clarified by the social security authorities.
There are two main scenarios:
- The pensioner pays the residing independently from the pension. Usually, 75% of the amount is spent on payment, the other 25% is given to a person.
- It is possible that the pensioner has children, but they live abroad and cannot provide attention and care to the parent. Payment for living in a nursing home in this case can be made by any close relatives.
To whom is the pensioner's property transferred
When drawing up documents, you need to know not only how you can get into a nursing home, but also who gets the property of a pensioner. There are three scenarios:
- In the event that an elderly person has children or other close relatives, they have the full right to dispose of the property that will remain.
- If the pensioner has no one, he can transfer real estate or other possessions to the boarding house in which he will live. It will be a payment for its maintenance and stay in a nursing home.
- In the event that the pensioner has no relatives and has not transferred his property to anyone, the state has the full right to withdraw all of its property.
Private boarding house - a decent old age for everyone
Boarding houses today are not only public but also private. Institutions of this type are considered the best for pensioners who want to meet old age with dignity. Private nursing homes are characterized by the best care for guests, a high level of comfort and skilled medical care. Here retirees will not only communicate with other people of their age, but also receive the necessary treatment.
However, it is worth noting that not everyone can afford such a luxury. If public institutions are crowded, then in private places a lot. The cost of living: it is very high. If you are interested in how to get to live in a nursing home, then contact the social service, where you will be provided with a list of public and private institutions.
Advantages of a nursing home
Of course, many may say that it is terrible - when an elderly person spends old age in such a place. But, if you look at this question from the other side: what should pensioners who do not have anyone who just want to adequately meet old age do? Only one way out - a nursing home. How to get there, it is very simple to find out, the main thing is to prepare the necessary documents.
So, consider the advantages that can be identified in boarding houses:
- For older people around the clock care.
- Good nutrition, mainly dietary, which is safe for the pensioner.
- Availability of special wheelchairs, comfortable beds for those who can not walk on their own.
- Various leisure activities - walks, books, games.
- Constant examination by specialized doctors, drug treatment.
- Communication with their peers.
- You can pay for living in a state institution from your pension.
- If there are relatives, they can visit the pensioner on any day off and even sometimes go to the city for a walk.
It does not matter whether it is a public institution or private, a nursing home is a great option for retirees who want to feel needed and confident. Constant communication, care from the staff of the boarding house and other criteria give the guests a smile, which greatly affects the general state of health.
Psychological and medical assistance
Every person who goes to a nursing home needs constant help. And not only medical, but also psychological.
In any institution there is a staff of experienced doctors who constantly monitor the condition of the guests. In addition, do not forget about the fact that retirees will be able to communicate with each other at any time. In fact, this is a huge plus. At home, within four walls, sometimes there is a feeling of helplessness and uselessness. In the nursing home this will not happen. Constant communication will make you feel much better, learn a lot from your peers, and even make friends. Indeed, without friends it is impossible, regardless of age.
How to get into a nursing home pensioner
How can a pensioner who cannot take care of himself on his own, has no relatives and has difficulty moving into the boarding house? In fact, there is a way out of this situation. If you are unable to reach the social service, they can simply call and ask to come home. Provide the staff with all the necessary documents for registration, and they will take care of everything themselves.
Do not be afraid: there they will provide you not only with medical care, but also with psychological help.
How to get into nursing homes is now more clear. It is not at all necessary that all the people there were abandoned by their families. It is possible that they simply have no one, and the boarding house became a second home. For such people it is very important that they do not spend their old age alone.
How to get into nursing homes and what you need to do to do this:
- Contact the social security authorities.
- Fill out an application and check if you are eligible.
- Decide who gets your property. If there are no relatives, then the best option would be to transfer the property to the boarding house as payment for staying with them.
- Wait for all the documents (usually it does not take much time).
- To spend old age in the circle of their peers, to gain proper care and good mood.
Now you know how to get into nursing homes and why. You personally do not need this, but you know an incompetent neighbor, for whom there is no one to care for, help her, give her a decent old age in the circle of care and communication with people. The boarding house will be a real salvation, a find for the category of pensioners who want to enjoy life and not feel lonely.