How to teach a child to tie shoelaces different ways independently
Although presently, skill is the ability to tie shoes is not as needed as before (due to the spread of zippers and Velcro), one has to learn this science. Not every parent knows how to teach a child to tie shoelaces, but this can be a very exciting experience.
What age is best to start training the baby?
No need to wait on a biennial child a clear and accurate job. Most children had mastered this science to 4-6 years. By the way, girls usually learn to tie a early boys. How to teach a child to tie shoelaces? Definitely need to remember that the beginning of the work should be carried out from an early age. The development of fine motor skills is very important!
- Children under one year need to regularly massage the toes, to learn poems with the participation of the handles (such as "Ladushki", "Magpie-crow").
- With two years to sort beads and buttons, sculpting dough and clay, paints.
- At the age of three the child can be offered the machines for shoelaces and fasten buttons.
The first method of tying
Basic ways to tie shoelaces is a tie with one or two loops. The method using the two loops is much easier to teach, but the node received with it, is not as durable. "Granny's knot" do it this way: two loops, resulting from the free ends of lace, cross over and drag the loop through the middle of the resulting "arcs".
How to tie a bow at the laces on their own? The child should constantly see the whole sequence on the example of the adult. First teach your toddler to fold a beautiful and smooth loops of the laces that look like the ears of a cheerful Bunny. Then move on to learning overlapping "ears" and pulling one of them through the arch. Engage the child by telling him an interesting story.
Ways to tie shoelaces: strong knot
Method with one loop more complicated to teach, but reliable. To teach the kid this art, think of it learning the story and repeat it every time when trying new development method. How to tie shoelaces to the child the second method? From the free end of one cord have to do a neat loop. Free end, to circle the first loop and pull it from the middle. Then the knot is gently tightened.
Instead of a fairy tale you can use a special rhyme. If the fantasy is tight, then just clearly comment every action.
An animated approach to learning
Don't know how easy it is to tie shoelaces? Get training favorite childhood activity – view animated films. On the Internet you can find a large number of educational cartoons on the subject. Use computer use, because funny movies can interest the child and in a light, playful way to start his training. Of course, after watching the cartoons the obtained knowledge is necessary to secure practical training with mom or dad.
Do not forget about the creative, gaming approach. Let your baby be full of didactic games, allowing you to train the fine motor skills of hands. By the way, lacing is easy to do yourself. Draw on cardboard sneakers, color bright paint and stick the awl through the holes for the laces. Useful the toy is ready!
A personal example of a parent
How to teach a child to tie shoelaces? For many parents the issue is acute. But not all know how important a personal example of the parent. Every day you need to show your child how you are tying my own shoes. When the child has mastered the basics of skill, stand next to him and snowite their shoes. Thus it is necessary to clearly speak every action. Don't forget that you have to stand in front and to the side of the child. Otherwise, the baby can easily confuse the right and left sides.
Useful tips for parents
- Start training with large items. It may not even be the laces, and the belt from a robe, for example. Having understood the principle of tying in the major subject, the kid would rather deal with their laces.
- Take your time and don't be nervous. Remember that a child cannot learn this at once. You will have to repeat the screening before the child will understand how to tie a bow on the laces.
- If the baby doesn't work, don't get angry on him and especially do not call and do not punish! This only further delay the learning process. Be patient and you will be pleased with a great result.
- Don't forget about positive motivation and praise. This is an important point. However, there must be boundaries. If the kid made sloppy and the curve of the bow on the laces, it is not necessary to praise him unconditionally. Tell me what he's done, but the next bow needs to be much more beautiful.
- The difficulty of learning occur in families where the parent is right-handed, and the kid is left — handed, or Vice versa. In this case, confusion often occurs. A great solution is the invitation of a relative or family friend who can work with the left hand. Let him show the kid how to tie shoelaces.
Now you know how to teach a child to tie his shoes. Hurry up with the training costs, but also to slow down the process impossible. By the age of six years a child needs to master this skill on the top five. Remember that six-year-old is a future first grader. At school he'll be teased by classmates for his inability to tie his shoelaces.