How to set the table for a birthday at home cheap, fast and tasty
Before this significant date comes, the heart always stops in joy in anticipation of gifts, fun and friendly meetings. But some people for various reasons do not like their birthdays. Someone due to the fact that they are even a year, but are getting older. And some, especially economical subjects, intensely calculate how much a gala dinner will cost them, and their mood deteriorates from the announcement of the estimate. Life is such that everyone periodically has to save. But this is no reason to deprive yourself of the holidays. Therefore, we will try to answer the question: how inexpensively to set the table for a birthday?
Where does tradition come from?
When did people start celebrating birthdays? There are two versions. According to the first, the tradition was based on the Roman rites, arranged in honor of the gods. Pagans laid abundant tables, congratulations sounded, various gifts were given. This hypothesis is more modern. And the second version says that the roots of the tradition go back to deep antiquity, when beliefs existed about the particular vulnerability of a person on his birthday. It was believed that any wishes or curses have a double effect on such dates. Therefore, the ancient people made offerings to appease the spirits so that they would not harm the newborn.
Birthdays gradually became personal, but for a long time no one paid attention to the date of the birth of children and women. The first woman, whose birthday was celebrated in a big way, was the beautiful Cleopatra. It was not customary for ordinary people to record and celebrate women's birthday parties.
The Greeks and Egyptians often and pathetically noted the dates of birth of the gods, as well as the pharaohs and kings. Sometimes on the occasion of the birth of Pharaoh prisoners were released from prison. In ordinary families, it was practiced to celebrate only the birthday of the head of the family.
The position of Christianity in this matter at the beginning was extremely hard: life was given to man for the atonement of sins, therefore he is not happy. Later, the church softened somewhat and allowed the christening of the birthday. But the Soviet system was against the birthday party and, figuratively speaking, trampled on the tradition with its iron boot. Even the famous birthday bird was ordered to be removed from the works of old Korney.
By the way, birthday parties in Russia were very popular: they baked loaf, made delicious beer, made pies and sang songs. Of course, the peasant holidays were much more modest than the royal holidays: sometimes it was possible to build several luxurious palaces for the amount spent on the day of the royal person's birthday.
Cake with a surprise
It is clear that ordinary people have always dreamed of tasty and inexpensively set the table for a birthday. But what a holiday without a cake? Few people know where this indispensable attribute of birthdays came from. If you dig deeper, it is believed that the idea itself came again from the times of paganism, when sacred altars in honor of the ancient gods were lit in pitch darkness.But the Germans introduced the tradition into practice. They created a common ritual of celebrating children's birthday. To do this, they cooked a delicious cake in which various sign objects were hidden, put candles upstairs according to the number of years of the hero of the occasion and, waking the child up to the dawn, sang songs for him. It is noteworthy that the cake was not eaten before the evening, until the whole family gathered at the table. The child had to make something cherished and blow out the candles at once. Familiar, right?
Jam Day: their morals
In different countries for similar holidays are treated differently. The reverent attitude of most of the inhabitants of the planet to anniversaries. But some ethnic groups mark just odd or non-circular dates. Traditions are also different: in Italy, spaghetti (for a long time to live) will be an indispensable dish on the birthday man's table, and in Latin America they will surely break a piñata loaded with gifts.
The British, living to 80 years or more, personally congratulated her Royal Majesty. But the most unlucky birthday men live in Japan: instead of children, they congratulate their parents, and gifts are generally given only after the age of 60 years.
Rules of the budget table
If the birthday hostess decided to gather close people under her hospitable roof, but wants to match the needs with the possibilities, then there is a way out.Setting the table for a birthday at home is inexpensive, very tasty, and also so that it looks presentable - absolutely doable task. To do this, follow the simplest rules:
- The menu must be thought out in advance. Not bad to dig into the cookbooks, look through magazines. It is necessary to pay attention to the ingredients: it is cheaper to buy seasonal products, therefore the menu is selected accordingly. If the hostess wants to set the table for a birthday at home inexpensively, recipes from the photo are particularly welcome, because you can immediately see what the dishes on the table will look like.
- Accurately calculate the number of guests (taking into account, of course, a few uninvited guests). You can cook hot portions, but in this case, the birthday girl will not rest. Better yet to make a common dish with a margin.
- The first dishes in the birthday menu, as a rule, are not included. Exceptions are exotic gourmet soups.
- If you plan a traditional celebration, then it is quite possible to set the table for a birthday at home cheaply. Recipes for budget dishes can be found in any source to your taste. But in the festive menu must be included hot and cold appetizers, main course (meat or fish), salads and dessert.
Alcoholic beverages are also an important attribute of the holiday table, as they increase the mood, forgive the pun.
Modest cutting and luxurious roll
Many families adhere to classic perennial traditions and set the table with their favorite dishes, which guests know by heart. But in this approach there is a benefit: people will never leave hungry and guaranteed to be satisfied.
Meat, cheese and vegetable cuts are among the standard cold snacks. This classic approach has never failed anyone. The main thing is a variety of varieties in the composition of the thread. Everyone knows that it is with cold snacks should begin any feast. This is the so-called organizational moment: it’s no use hoping that no one will be late. And while waiting, the rest of the guests will be able to have a great meal, so as not to drink on an empty stomach.
For those who wish to set the table for a birthday party at home cheaply, Korean snacks are perfect: get a bit of everything (after trying the dishes) and place on a table in small plates. Also homemade pickles and marinades are in great demand among the guests.
There are express recipes for initiates about how to set the table for a birthday tasty and inexpensively: a cold roll and a snack with the romantic name Raffaello. The first is prepared as follows:
- a sheet of thin lavash grease with a mixture, which includes: mayonnaise, garlic, dill and grated cheese;
- spread thinly sliced ham on top;
- then repeat the action;
- rolled pita in the form of a roll;
- wrap the product in cling film and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Serve so inexpensive, but the original dish is necessary, cutting it with a very sharp knife into portions.
Appetizer "Raffaello" will require the following ingredients:
- crab sticks;
- hard cheese;
- cashew (but in order to save, you can use a walnut).
The nut kernel is rolled into a mixture of cheese, fatty mayonnaise and garlic. Next, grate a frozen crab stick on a fine grater. In a grated crab meat the cheese ball collapses with a surprise: the dish is ready. Including with the help of this recipe, you can reveal the secret of how to quickly and inexpensively set the table for a birthday. To make such balls look festive, they are laid out on fresh salad leaves.
You can also use the dishes for the season. The budget version of the menu is made in the summer. For example, eggplant tongues or fingers. The second option is more expensive, since it is quite a bit, but the meat is included.
Charming hot snacks
A hostess who asks herself how to set a table for a birthday party in a tasty and inexpensive way should not forget about hot snacks. They go after the cold, when everyone gathered at the table and it was time for the first toasts. They should not be much, and they are prepared shortly before serving. This is a light dish that is distinguished by its small portion size. An example of such a snack can be easy to prepare meat balls:
- traditional minced meat is made, with the addition of raw eggs;
- ready layer of dough is rolled out and cut into strips;
- meat balls are wrapped with yarn of a ball-like dough;
- the dish is baked in the oven until cooked.
This appetizer looks very presentable.
Now for the hostess is not a problem to set the table for a birthday at home inexpensively, the recipes just jump out of magazines, cookbooks, Internet portals. Here, for example, a dish that looks like a julienne, which is prepared ridiculously quickly, and the taste is just fascinating. We present to the attention of housewives champignons in sour cream sauce.Preparing a dish like this:
- peeled mushrooms are added to thoroughly spiced onions and carrots and stewed for about 10 minutes;
- later sour cream, seasonings are put in and everything is stewed until ready.
The simplest dish can be made beautiful if you sprinkle it on top with grated cheese and greens, and serve in ceramic pots.
If you intend to set the table for a birthday at home cheaply, then you can not do without salads. For the traditional approach is suitable Olivier, herring under a fur coat, "Mimosa" or "Caesar". You can use the simplest option, which will require products such as:
- green pea;
- pickled champignons;
This salad is suitable when guests are literally on the doorstep or came unexpectedly. After all, nothing needs to be prepared in advance; all the components are simply mixed.
Salads with seafood may look original, especially in the female half of the guests.
A very important moment when, after an artistic exclamation: “Fedya! Game! ”A baked appetizing duck stuffed with dried apricots and apples, for example, appears on the table. But after all, the question was how inexpensively to set the table for a birthday party, where does the game go? So it is not necessary to bake a duck, the same can be done with chicken. You can not use the whole bird, and its legs or wings. If they are well marinated, and even rolled in honey, you get a great dish with a delicious crispy crust.
In general, before planning the main flow, you need to ask yourself what your guests like more: meat or fish? Only then can you cook the cherished main course. Of course, with fish several times more trouble than with meat, but stuffed carp or pike will become truly festive and will be remembered by the guests for a long time. It is not bad to serve chops, chops, medallions or steaks to the festive table. One thing is for sure - meat must be present on the table.
Garnish for the main dishes should choose potatoes in any form: mashed potatoes, french fries, fried, boiled with greens.
To set the table for a birthday inexpensively, recipes of dishes are not all that a hostess needs. Drinks are also important. Of course, it is impossible to do without compotes, juices, carbonated drinks, maybe even cheeks. And what about alcohol? Here it is important to take into account that not everyone drinks strong alcohol, therefore, champagne and other wines are an obligatory attribute on the holiday table.
Desserts need tea or coffee. As a sweet, of course, in the classic version they serve a cake with candles, but how to lay a festive table for a birthday party inexpensively? After all, cakes are quite expensive pleasure. There is a solution: either bake a cake with your own hands, or purchase cakes, cookies or sweets. By the way, the confectionery, prepared personally, is better than any purchased product, because the hostess puts soul into the dish.
To set the table for a birthday at home is inexpensive, but at the same time to make it unforgettable, you need to know the main secret: competent serving and decoration of dishes. You should not spare your time for this.
- Tablecloth. In the classic version is white, but other colors are allowed.
- Dishes. Cutlery and glasses should be polished to a shine. For the solemn occasion it is useful to get your best service from the bins.
- Do not forget about cloth napkins by the number of guests. They can be beautifully laid out in waves or in the form of figures.
- Decorate dishes with greens, bright berries, like cranberries, peas, olives. There is a special knife for curly cutting vegetables and fruits, it would be nice to buy it. If you ask a question: how to set the table for a birthday inexpensive, recipes can be very surprising. And not only not too expensive and tasty dishes described in them, but also a presentable appearance. This is due to the fact that the dish is decorated properly, because when you look at food, appetite should come.
- You should not spend a lot of culinary experiments, let everything be familiar, except for one or two dishes.
The festive table should not do without a vegetable and fruit variety. If alcohol is planned strong, then take care of a hearty and rich snack.
Little birthday boy
How inexpensive to set the table for a birthday child, so that he was delighted, think, probably, many mothers.In fact, it is quite easy. There are several tips, using which you can make an unforgettable celebration to your child and his friends:
- brightly colored paper dishes are safe and beautiful, and you don’t need to wash anything;
- decoration of the room with balls, paper garlands;
- dishes of small size - mainly canapés, salads in ice-cream bowls, lavash rolls with different fillings, chicken croquettes - children do not like to overeat if, of course, they are not sweets;
- homemade lemonade, fruit drinks, juices, compotes, and milkshakes can be offered to the water jugs;
- desserts are preferable to cottage cheese;
- salads are better to fill with sour cream and yogurt.
Everything is suitable for a canape: ham, cheese stars, pepper circles, olives, corn, shrimps. The sweet option is done like this: bananas, grapes, and kiwi are stabbing onto skewers.
You can make a delicious salad out of boiled chicken, tomatoes, sweet peppers, and steep eggs by making a hedgehog with a mushroom on your back. The salad is laid in layers: sliced chicken → tomatoes → grated eggs → crushed peppers. Each layer is coated with sour cream-yogurt dressing. Hedgehog should be sprinkled with grated carrots, and face muzzle with egg white. The eyes and the nose are made from olives and prunes, and the toadstools from eggs and tomatoes.
It is important to create a festive atmosphere and provide the opportunity for children to actively move.
Finally, you can offer a few ideas when there is neither time nor desire to spend time in the kitchen, and the soul requires a holiday. It is cheap and tasty to lay the table for a birthday at home by purchasing ready-made food from a cookery or restaurant. This option is particularly suitable young advanced company. You can order pizza, ready-made grilled chicken and salads. Slightly more expensive dishes of Japanese cuisine.
There is also an interesting and modern option - a buffet table. But he obeys certain rules:
- division into disposable portions;
- dishes should be mostly skewers;
- you can lay out all kinds of goodies on one big table;
- the main dish should be in baskets or make pancakes, after cutting them;
- if chicken legs are served, the bone is wrapped with a napkin.
Alcoholic beverages should be uncorked, and guests must be provided with glasses and glasses. But the great advantage will be that the birthday girl does not need to constantly change plates and appliances.
The most interesting option will be a birthday in nature. Happy people born in the summer months know what that means. Picnic on the nature, barbecue, barbecue, air and sun - what could be more seductive? But here there are nuances:
- mayonnaise salads - not recommended dishes at a picnic;
- meat must be marinated in advance;
- should take care of drinking water;
- sandwiches and side dishes can be taken from the house.
And what a delicious pilaf on the fire or potatoes baked in the ashes!
But whatever the birthday boy chooses, the main thing is the festive mood and the beloved people nearby.