How to cover the table for a birthday at home cheap, fast and tasty
Before the onset of this landmark date, the heart invariably freezes with joy in anticipation of gifts, fun, friendly meetings. But some people do not like their birthdays for various reasons. Someone because they are at least a year old, but they grow older. And some, especially economical subjects, tensely calculate how much they will spend a festive dinner, and from the announcement of the estimate they spoil the mood. Life is so complicated that everyone periodically has to save money. But this is not a reason to deprive yourself of holidays. Therefore, we will try to answer the question: how inexpensive to set the table for the birthday?
Where does the tradition come from?
When did people start to celebrate birthdays? There are two versions. According to the first, the tradition was based on Roman rituals, arranged in honor of the gods. Pagans covered abundant tables, congratulations sounded, various gifts were given. This hypothesis is more modern. And the second version says that the roots of the tradition go back to antiquity when there were beliefs about the special vulnerability of a person on the day of his birth. It was believed that any wishes or curses are doubled in force on such dates. Therefore, by offering, ancient people tried to cajole spirits so that they did not harm the newborn.
Name days Mukha-Tsokotukhi
Birthdays gradually changed to individuals, but for a long time no one paid attention to the date of birth of children and women. The first woman, whose birthday was celebrated on a grand scale, was the beautiful Cleopatra. At the simple people it was not accepted to write down and celebrate birthdays.
Greeks and Egyptians often and pathetically marked the birth dates of the gods, as well as the pharaohs and kings. Sometimes on the occasion of the birth of a pharaoh from prisons prisoners were released. In ordinary families it was practiced to celebrate only the birthday of the head of the family.
The position of Christianity in this matter at the beginning was extremely tough: life was given to man for the atonement of sins, so he was not in for fun. Later, the church softened a little and resolved the christening with the name-day. But the Soviet system was against the name-day and, figuratively speaking, trampled the tradition with his iron boot. Even the famous fly-girl was told to remove from the works of the old man Korney.
By the way, in Russia the name day was very popular: bake a loaf, cooked a delicious beer, cooked pies and necessarily sang songs. Of course, peasant holidays were much more modest than royal: sometimes the amount spent on the day of the name-day of the crowned person, it was possible to build several chic palaces.
Cake with a surprise
It is clear that ordinary people have always dreamed of tasty and inexpensive to lay the table for the birthday. But what a holiday without a cake? Few people know where this indispensable attribute of birthdays came from. If you dig deeper, it is believed that the idea itself came again from the times of paganism, when in the darkness the sacred altars were lit in honor of the ancient gods.But the tradition was introduced by the Germans. They created a general ritual for celebrating a children's birthday. To do this, we prepared a delicious cake, in which various iconic objects were hidden, candles were put up on the number of years of the originator of the celebration and, waking up the child from the dawn, sang songs for him. It is noteworthy that the pie was not eaten until evening, until the whole family gathered at the table. The child had to make up something treasured and blow out the candles at a time. It's familiar, is not it?
The Day of Jam: their customs
In different countries, these holidays are treated differently. A quivering attitude among the majority of the planet's inhabitants is for jubilees. But some nationalities celebrate just odd or non-round dates. There are also different traditions: in Italy, an indispensable dish on the table for the birthday man will be spaghetti (to live long), and in Latin America, they must break a piñata with gifts loaded into it.
The English, who lived to 80 years or more, personally congratulate her Royal Majesty. But the most unlucky birthday people live in Japan: instead of children they are congratulated by their parents, and gifts are generally given only after 60 years.
Rules of a thrifty table
If the mistress of the birthday party still decided to collect close people under her hospitable roof, but wants to measure needs with opportunities, then there is a way out.Cover the table for the birthday of the house is inexpensive, very tasty, and even so that it looks presentable - absolutely feasible task. For this it is necessary to adhere to the simplest rules:
- The menu must be considered in advance. It's good to dig into culinary books, to look through magazines. It is necessary to pay attention to the ingredients: it is cheaper to buy seasonal products, so the menu is chosen accordingly. If the hostess wants to cover the table for her birthday at home cheaply, recipes with photos are especially welcome, because immediately you can see how the dishes will look on the table.
- Accurately calculate the number of guests (given, of course, and several uninvited guests). You can cook hot portioned, but in this case, the birthday girl will not rest. It is better to make a general dish with a stock.
- The first dishes on the birthday menu, as a rule, are not included. Exceptions are exotic gourmet soups.
- If a traditional celebration is planned, then it is quite possible to cover the table for the birthday of the house at an inexpensive price. Recipes for low-cost meals can be found in any source to your taste. But the festive menu must include cold and hot snacks, main course (meat or fish), salads and dessert.
Alcoholic beverages are also an important attribute of the festive table, as they increase the degree of mood, forgive for the pun.
Modest slicing and a luxurious roll
Many families adhere to the classic long-standing traditions and cover the table with favorite dishes that guests know by heart. But in this approach there is a benefit: people will never go hungry and are guaranteed to remain satisfied.
Among the standard cold snacks is meat, cheese and vegetable sliced. This classic approach has never failed anyone. The main thing is the variety of varieties in the composition of slicing. Everyone knows that it is with cold snacks that you should start any feast. This is the so-called organizational moment: it is useless to hope that no one will be late. And while waiting for the rest of the guests can perfectly refresh themselves, so as not to drink on an empty stomach.
For those who want to cover the table for the birthday of the house at an inexpensive price, Korean snacks will be perfect: get everything a little (by trying the dishes) and lay them on a table in small plates. Also home-made pickles and marinades are in great demand.
There are express recipes for the initiated, how to tasty and inexpensive to lay the table for the birthday: a cold roll and a snack with a romantic name "Rafaello". The first is prepared as follows:
- a sheet of thin lavash is smeared with a mixture, which includes: mayonnaise, garlic, dill and grated cheese;
- top spread thinly chopped ham;
- then repeat the actions;
- fold pita bread in the form of rolls;
- wrap the product in a food film and clean it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Serve this inexpensive, but the original dish should be, cutting it with a very sharp knife for portioning pieces.
Appetizer "Rafaello" will require such ingredients:
- crab sticks;
- hard cheese;
- cashews (but in order to save you can use a walnut).
In a mixture of cheese, fatty mayonnaise and garlic, the kernel of the nut is rolled. Next, on a fine grater rubs frozen crab stick. In the grated crab meat the cheese ball comes down with a surprise: the dish is ready. Including using this recipe, you can disclose the secret of how to quickly and inexpensively set the table for the birthday. To such balls looked festive, they spread on the leaves of fresh salad.
You can also use the dishes for the season. Budget version of the menu is made in summer. For example, eggplant tongues or fingers. The second option is more expensive, as there is very little in it, but meat is included.
Charming hot appetizers
The hostess, wondering how to tastily and inexpensively set the table for her birthday, should not forget about hot snacks. They follow the cold when everyone is gathered at the table and it's time for the first toast. They should not be much, and they are prepared shortly before serving. This is an easy dish that is small in size. An example of such a snack can be simple to cook meat balls:
- a traditional, minced meat cutlet is made, with the addition of a raw egg;
- the finished dough sheet is rolled out and cut into strips;
- the meat balls are wrapped in dough threads according to the type of coil;
- the dish is baked in the oven until cooked.
Looks like this appetizer is very presentable.
Now for the hostess there is no problem to cover the table for the birthday of the house at an inexpensive price, recipes simply jump out of magazines, cookbooks, Internet portals. Here, for example, a dish that looks like a julienne, which is prepared to ridiculously quickly, but the taste is simply fascinating. We present to the attention of the hostess champignons in sour cream sauce.The dish is prepared as follows:
- in carefully rescued onions and carrots, cleaned mushrooms are added and stewed for about 10 minutes;
- later laid sour cream, seasoning and all stew until ready.
The simplest dish can be made beautiful, if you sprinkle it with grated cheese and greens on top, and serve in ceramic pots.
Salads for date
If you set out to set the table for a birthday at home cheap, then no salads can not do. For the traditional approach is suitable olivier, herring under the fur coat, "Mimosa" or "Caesar". You can use the simplest option, which will require products such as:
- green pea;
- marinated champignons;
This salad is suitable when the guests are literally on the doorstep or came unexpectedly. After all, there is nothing to preliminarily prepare, all components are simply mixed.
Original salads with seafood can look original, especially they are to the liking of the female half of the guests.
Basic serving of dishes
A very important point, when after an artistic exclamation: "Fedya! Game! "On the table appears, for example, a baked appetizing duck, stuffed with dried apricots and apples. But the question was, how inexpensive to set the table for the birthday, what does the game have to do with it? So it's not necessary to bake a duck, the same can be done with a chicken. You can not use the whole bird, but its legs or wings. If you properly marinate them, and even roll in honey, you will get an excellent dish with a delicious crispy crust.
In general, before you plan a basic pitch, you have to wonder what your guests are fond of: meat or fish? Only after this you can prepare the coveted main course. Of course, the fish is several times more troublesome than with meat, but stuffed carp or pike will be truly festive and will be remembered for a long time by the guests. It is not bad to serve chops, cutlets, medallions or steaks to the festive table. One can say with certainty - meat on the table must be present necessarily.
Garnish for main dishes should be selected potatoes in any form: puree, fries, fried, boiled with greens.
To cover the table for a birthday is inexpensive, recipes of dishes - this is not all that the hostess needs. Drinks are also important. Of course, you can not do without compotes, juices, carbonated drinks, maybe even kharshons. And what about alcohol? It is important to take into account that strong alcohol is not drunk at all, therefore champagne, as well as other wines, are an obligatory attribute on the festive table.
Desserts need tea or coffee. As a sweet, of course, in the classical version, a cake with candles is served, but how to cover a festive table for a birthday inexpensively? Cakes are quite expensive. There is a way out: either bake a cake yourself, or buy cakes, biscuits or sweets. By the way, a confectionery product, cooked personally, is better than any purchased product, because the hostess puts a soul in the dish.
To cover the table for the birthday of the house at an inexpensive price, but at the same time make it unforgettable, one must know the main secret: competent serving and decorating dishes. Do not regret your time.
- Tablecloth. In the classical version, white, but other color solutions are allowed.
- Dishes. Cutlery and glasses should be polished. For a solemn occasion, it would be superfluous to get out of the bins its best service.
- Do not forget about tissue napkins by the number of guests. They can be beautifully laid out in waves or in the form of figures.
- Decorate dishes with greens, bright berries, like cranberries, peas, olives. For figured cutting of vegetables and fruits there is a special knife, it would be nice to buy it. If you ask yourself: how to cover a table for a birthday is inexpensive, recipes can be very surprising. And not only not too expensive and tasty dishes described in them, but also presentable appearance. This is because the dish is decorated correctly, because when you look at the food should come the appetite.
- Do not spend a lot of culinary experiments, let everything be customary, except for one or two dishes.
A festive table should not do without vegetable and fruit variety. If alcohol is planned strong, then take care of a hearty and abundant snack.
To the little birthday man
How inexpensive to cover the table for the birthday of the child, so he was delighted, probably think, many mothers.In fact, this is quite easy. There are several tips that you can use to make an unforgettable celebration for your child and his friends:
- paper utensils of bright colors - it's safe and beautiful, and there's nothing to wash;
- decoration of the room with balls, paper garlands;
- small dishes - mostly canapes, salads in kremankah, lavash rolls with different fillings, chicken croquettes - children do not like to overeat, unless, of course, it's not sweets;
- water jets can be offered homemade lemonade, fruit drinks, juices, compotes and milk-fruit cocktails;
- desserts are preferable to cottage cheese;
- salads are best seasoned with sour cream and yogurt.
For canapé everything is suitable: ham, cheese stars, pepper slices, olives, corn, shrimp. Sweet option is done this way: banana, grapes, kiwi are pierced on skewers.
From boiled chicken, tomatoes, sweet peppers and steep eggs, you can make a delicious salad, decorating it in the form of a hedgehog with fly agarics on its back. Salad is laid in layers: chicken cut into pieces → tomatoes → grated eggs → crushed pepper. Each layer is smeared with creamy yoghurt dressing. The hedgehog should be sprinkled with grated carrots, and the muzzle designated with the help of egg white. Eyes and nose are made from olives and prunes, and fly agarics from eggs and tomatoes.
It is important to create a festive atmosphere and provide the kid's ability to actively move.
Finally, you can offer a few ideas, when there is no time, no desire to spend time in the kitchen, and the soul requires a holiday. Cover the table for the birthday of the house is inexpensive and tasty, you can, by purchasing ready-made food from the culinary or restaurant. This option is especially suitable for a young, advanced company. You can order pizza, grilled chicken and salads. A little more expensive will cost dishes of Japanese cuisine.
There is still an interesting and modern option - a buffet table. But he obeys certain rules:
- separation into disposable portions;
- dishes should be mostly on skewers;
- you can put all kinds of goodies on one large table;
- the main dish should be in the baskets or make the pellicles, previously cutting them;
- if chicken legs are served, then the bone is wrapped with a napkin.
Alcoholic beverages must be uncorked, and glasses and glasses must be provided to the guests. But the great advantage is that the birthday girl does not need to constantly change plates and appliances.
The most interesting option will be a birthday in nature. Happy people born in the summer months know what that means. Picnic on the nature, shish kebab, barbecue, air and sun - what can be seductive? But there are also nuances here:
- salads with mayonnaise - not recommended dishes on a picnic;
- meat must be marinated in advance;
- take care of drinking water;
- sandwiches and garnish can be taken from home.
And what a delicious pilaf at the stake or potatoes baked in the ashes!
But whatever the chosen birthday, the main thing is a festive mood and favorite people nearby.