How a gynecologist determines pregnancy
"Did anyone settle in the tummy?" This question worries all women, noticing the timid signs of an interesting situation. What are the symptoms that in nine months there will be a baby in your life? How does a gynecologist determine pregnancy?
Many women are able even at an early date to suspect the presence in the abdomen of the future little man. Although in most cases the visible symptoms appear somewhat later. So, let's determine what changes are taking place in the body of a future mother:
- The first and most accurate symptom of pregnancy is the absence of menstruation. However, the delay of critical days can be many more reasons, starting with stress and ending with endocrine disorders.
- Toxicosis. In the films, women learn about the occurrence of pregnancy by the first emetic urge. Future moms often feel unwell in the morning, on an empty stomach or in a stuffy room.
- Sensitivity to odors.
- Lack of appetite or a strong craving for food. Extremes in nutrition often indicate an interesting situation. Also, future moms have an acute need for certain products.
- Drowsiness, fatigue and mood swings. Whims and ever-new desires - that's what pregnancy is associated with. Signs like these can really indicate the birth of a new life in a woman's body.
- Drawing pains in the lower abdomen.
- Breast swelling.
- Darkening of the nipple halo.
The simplest way of self-diagnosis of pregnancy is a pharmacy test. It is either a strip of paper or a reagent placed in a plastic sheath. In contact with the urine, a real chemical reaction occurs, as a result of which we can observe the long-awaited two strips.
However, the test is unlikely to cope with its task as accurately as a gynecologist. It determines the pregnancy with a probability of 80%, although the producers promise 99%. False negative, and false positive results are very often. Also note that the test should be performed only after the detection of a delay in menstruation, preferably in the morning and better several times.
If you have crept the first thoughts about your situation, it is better to visit a doctor. An experienced gynecologist at a routine examination can diagnose a pregnancy with a high probability on the following grounds:
- First, the cervical mucosa changes its color, becoming purple or violet.
- Secondly, the size of the uterus itself is increasing.
- Even with normal abdominal palpation, the doctor may feel a thickening of the walls of the uterus.
In addition to the fact that the doctor will answer the main question, he will still be able to suspect various abnormalities, determine the presence of a tone, and also conduct a survey that diagnoses sexual infections.
It is quite popular and, contrary to popular belief, a safe way to determine pregnancy. A normal sensor can be seen a fetal egg at a period of 6 weeks. Vaginal sensor is able to recognize the incipient life and at all in 3-4 weeks.
How does a gynecologist determine pregnancy with ultrasound? At usual US on a surface of a stomach the special gel is put, and the gauge gives out the image of the tiny inhabitant of your pussycat on the screen. The doctor measures the embryo, listens to the heartbeat, which allows to reveal pathology.
A method similar to urine testing at home. It also aims to identify the hormone hCG. However, it is much easier to identify it in the blood, and the dynamics are easy to track.
This method of research helps not only to diagnose pregnancy, but also draw some conclusions about its course. The doctor may suggest that you do several blood tests at intervals of a couple of days. This is necessary in order to analyze the growth dynamics of hCG (a hormone that is formed in large quantities in the body of a future mother). If you know what period of pregnancy you have at the moment, then you can compare your indicators with normal ones. In case of abnormalities, it is better to consult a doctor, since a low level of hCG may indicate an ectopic or frozen pregnancy.