How to breathe during labor and delivery: easing the pain and speeding up the process
Childbirth is a very responsible and complex process, requiring women enormous effort and willpower. It is important to do everything that the doctor says in order to avoid negative consequences. Among such instructions are quite common requirements to breathe correctly. What do you mean? The future mother is to learn how to breathe during labor and delivery.
It would seem that no matter how the oxygen will flow in a woman's body. But actually, this opinion is erroneous. If you know how to breathe during labor and delivery, it is possible to accelerate the process and help yourself and the baby. So, giving the right breath?
- During contractions the uterus is reduced, causing the child may experience a shortage of oxygen. It is therefore very important to ensure a steady supply of sufficient quantity of air.
- Breathing will help to ease the pain during labor. And if it succeeds, then you can save power on attempts.
- Stress increases pain and exhausting, so nervous giving birth does not. And if to breathe correctly during childbirth, it is possible to relax and recover, to maintain sobriety of mind.
- Attempts – a very important period. Breathing at this stage will help to avoid breaks and to expedite the birth of the baby
The experienced midwife must give the mother advice and tell you how and what to do. So, how to breathe during labor and delivery?
- When the contractions just start and not too intense, need to do all that in the body and therefore to fruit received enough oxygen. So you can apply this technique: breathe in through the nose, then exhale through the mouth. The breath should be shorter. For example, you can count to 4. As you exhale count to 6. This, incidentally, helps to distract.
- How to breathe during labor, when they become more intense? The goal is pain relief. You can use the technique of shallow breathing ("dog"). It's just. Enough to open your mouth and breathe often, as a dog (you can even stick out my tongue). To some it may seem ridiculous, but such manipulations do help.
- In between contractions to relax. You should breathe deeply, slowly and evenly. Oxygen should be distributed to all tissues, to reach the brain.
- If started pushing, but my cervix is still not opened, and the fruit has not dropped low enough, it is important to keep his urge to push. To do this, take a deep breath, then breathe often (4-5 shallow breaths and breaths), and then exhale all air.
- When an obstetrician will give the command to push, you need to invest in this effort. For this you need to inhale very deeply, which only can. Hold your breath and at the command of the doctor start to push. When attempts to pass, exhale very slowly, that the fruit had not gone back, and stayed where he was able to move.
If you know how to breathe during labor and delivery, you will be able to help yourself and your child (after all, he is also very hard!). It is very important to collect all the forces in a fist and keep a clear head. Definitely need to listen to the doctor, as only he can determine at what stage is the process and what to do at one time or another a woman in labor. Please go easy!