Yoga for pregnant women (2nd trimester)
Pregnancy is the most amazing and important period in a woman's life. On the shoulders of the future mother is entrusted a dual responsibility - for their own health and life, and for the health and life of the future baby. Therefore, during pregnancy, it is very important to maintain yourself in good physical shape, because there is a serious test ahead - birth. In addition, physical activity will help to keep a beautiful figure and after the birth of a child.
Sportfor the future mother
It is important for pregnant women to find for themselves such a complex of exercises that will give energy, good health and will give pleasure.
The future mother is useful for long walks. In order for the maximum benefit from them, you should take care of comfortable shoes that will prevent tired legs. Walking up the stairs is very effective. It is necessary to breathe through the nose, slowly exhaling, and keep straight, as the diaphragm works more actively, which is very important for the proper development of the fetus.
Not all sports are suitable for a pregnant woman. Categorically contraindicated: long cycling, rowing, active dance aerobics, skiing and skating, horse riding, any exercises that require excessive stretching or sudden movements, as well as those that strongly bend the back.
When to start studying
The best time to start sports is the second trimester. During this period, the optimal physical activity for a woman is fitness, yoga for pregnant women will be especially useful. 2 trimester is a golden time for a future mother. Toxicosis and sharp mood swings are already behind, the state of health is much better than at the beginning of pregnancy, which means it's time to take care of yourself, strengthen health and prepare for the forthcoming birth. Do not forget that the load should be moderate, but constant.
Fitness for the future mother
Prevent varicose veins, swelling, improve mood and sleep, reduce lumbar pain, strengthen the pelvic floor muscles and prepare the body for delivery will help fitness for pregnant women. The 2nd trimester is the safest and most favorable period for such activities, if everything goes without complications.
Training in the water is one of the best types of physical activity for expectant mothers. Classes in the pool strengthen the muscles of the back and the press, the skin becomes more elastic. Improving blood circulation in the chest, swimming promotes good lactation after childbirth. Diving prepares the baby for lack of oxygen during fights, prevents hypoxia of the fetus.
A great opportunity to prepare for delivery is a fitball for pregnant women. Exercises on the ball help maintain the flexibility of the spine, make the joints more mobile, train the muscles of the pelvic floor. In addition, it is an excellent prevention of hemorrhoids.
Of cardio exercises for self-study, only two will do. You can do walking, several times a week for 30-40 minutes. Try to walk at a steady pace and at a rate that allows you to sweat a little, breathe deeply. You can do walking with sticks.
Another option is to train the house on an elliptical simulator. It is convenient to work on it until the sixth month. Choose for classes with low or medium intensity, the pedals should be adjusted so that during training you do not touch the machine with your stomach.
A few simple physical exercises for pregnant women that you can perform at home:
1. Makhi's foot. In the prone position on the side, bend the lower leg, and straighten the upper leg. We perform several lifts with the foot, which is from above. Then you need to fix the upper leg on the weight, pulling to her lower straight leg. Repeat, changing sides. This exercise excellently strengthens the muscles of the inner and lateral surface of the thigh.
2. Plank. Keep the strap position on your toes and forearms for several cycles of breathing. Exercise strengthens the muscles of the back, abs and arms.
3. One of the most effective exercises for expectant mothers is performed in the pose of the little mermaid with her arms outstretched. Hands alternately fall behind the head. This exercise strengthens the breast well.
4. Perfectly relaxes this position: the buttocks are on their heels. Stretching forward, you must try to touch the forehead with the floor. When performing the exercise, the abdomen sinks to the floor between the knees.
Safe Fitness Rules
During this period, it is necessary to correctly select exercises, listen to your body and do not abuse physical loads. Fitness future mother will be useful in observing some simple, but very important recommendations.
- Watch the heart rate, it should not exceed 130 beats per minute. With rapid heartbeat, the blood supply deteriorates, and the fetus lacks oxygen.
- Any activities that can lead to falls and injuries are contraindicated for pregnant women.
- With placenta previa, anemia of any origin, and if there is a risk of miscarriage, even charging for pregnant women is prohibited. 2 trimester in such situations should pass quietly and without unnecessary loads.
- If during the session there is a strong fatigue, there are various pains, shortness of breath or nausea - training should be stopped immediately.
- It is necessary to choose the right exercises for pregnant women. The 2nd trimester is a period unsuitable for training lying on the back, as in this case the enlarged uterus begins to press on the hollow vein. A worsening blood supply due to this can lead to fainting in a woman, and a child will lack oxygen.
- Exercises on the stomach also need to be excluded. The result can be a violation of blood circulation, and this increases the threat of miscarriage.
- It is necessary to take care of quality sportswear, which will help to do with comfort. Particular attention should be paid to the breast, because of the increased size and sensitivity, some movements can cause pain.
Contraindications for exercise
Fitness for expectant mothers is quite diverse. Each woman can choose what is suitable for her: aerobics, aqua aerobics, yoga, breathing exercises, etc.
But you should remember about some contraindications:
- chronic diseases, diseases of the cardiovascular system, which are in the acute stage;
- Inflammatory and infectious diseases, which are especially acute during pregnancy;
- Toxicosis in severe form;
- sports for pregnant women with high blood pressure are very dangerous;
- Exercise is not recommended for hypertension of the uterus, uterine bleeding.
Yoga for the future mother
A wonderful way to prepare yourself for the meeting of the future baby, create favorable conditions for the harmonious development of crumbs, improve your physical and psychological state are yoga classes.
The most suitable during this period is a special yoga for pregnant women. 2 trimester is the most optimal time for such activities. In the complex for pregnant women, there are no exercises that are performed lying on the back. Most attention is focused on proper breathing and the ability to relax, which is very useful for both mom and baby.
Another plus of these classes is that after them you will not feel fatigue or exhaustion. Yoga will help you learn to control not only your body, but also your spirit. Regular sessions help to reduce the manifestations of toxicosis, reduce the risk of stretch marks, facilitate pregnancy, childbirth and the post-natal period. You will forget about such delicate problems as constipation and hemorrhoids. Stretching and twisting, which practice yoga, will help improve metabolism and digestion.
Thanks to the flexibility and plasticity acquired during the sessions, the future mother will find it easier to find a comfortable position in childbirth, and a special breathing technique will make the process less painful. If you are unfamiliar with this practice, you can try yoga classes for beginners.
To charge in the morning, as well as warm-ups during the day, a set of such exercises will suit:
1. The pose of the mountain and the body posture help the body to relax. The first is done this way: we become straight, straining absolutely all muscles, and then we relax. For the pose of the corpse to lie on the floor and try to relax the whole body.
2. Pose of a tree. This exercise helps to strengthen the legs and back, provides flexibility of the hips and muscles of the groin. In the standing position, you need to strain the whole body and hands to reach up, while the feet are pulled down. Lifting the knee bent at the knee, place her foot on the inside of the thigh, while the knee should be pointed to the side. Hold in the pose for a few seconds, then return to the starting position.
3. Exercises "Cat" and "Cow". The combination of these poses perfectly helps to cope with the tension in the back area. To perform the exercise you need to stand on all fours, the palms should be under the shoulders, the pelvic bones and knees are located on the same line. Having made 10 cycles of breathing with a deep breath and exhalation, slightly bend downwards, arching the spine to the floor. In this situation, you need to stay for ten breaths-exhalations. Then the back bends up like a cat, and in this position we remain on 10 counts.
4. Pose of the chair. From the standing position, descend to the half-landing in such a way that in this position it is convenient to have 5 cycles of breathing. Straight arms are raised, the back is straight. Repeat 3-4 times.
5. Pose of the hero. This exercise helps to strengthen the legs and improves posture. It is necessary to sit on the knees together, spreading the feet apart. The pelvis is lowered so that the buttocks sit on the floor.
6. The position of the butterfly opens the hips, and also strengthens the muscles of the pelvic floor. Sitting on the rug, gently pull up the heels to the pubic bone, the soles of the feet must be in contact. Stretching in the groin should be comfortable.
Yoga for light births
Often, future mothers face such a problem: the birth is already close, but the baby does not want to turn the head down. A special complex of yoga will help the child to take the most suitable position. Excellent effect gives inverted poses: a stand on the arms of the pedestal, a birch, a bridge. But these exercises are suitable only for moms who have been engaged before.Yoga exercises help to strengthen the walls of the uterus, and this reduces the risk of premature birth. During training, blood circulation in the walls of the uterus and the small pelvis improves, the muscles of the back and spine become stronger. Thanks to this child it is easier to move with the mother in the abdomen.
The complex of exercises for strengthening the muscles of the pelvic floor makes them more elastic, and this facilitates an easier passage of the baby through the birth canal. In addition, strong and tight muscles after birth come back to normal very quickly.
Special yoga exercises are aimed at training the muscles of the perineum and the vagina. This reduces the likelihood of ruptures during labor. In the maternity hospital, the acquired ability to strain and relax the muscles of the intimate zone is very useful.
Best time to practice
Ideally, you need to start classes during the preparation for conception. In the event that you do not have time, then at any stage of pregnancy special yoga for pregnant women will be useful. The 2nd trimester, when the tummy is not yet very large and the state of health is good enough, is the most favorable period for the beginning of studies.
Do not forget about caution
During the execution of the asanas, you must carefully monitor your condition. Any discomfort or pain is a signal to stop the workout immediately. After class, there should be no nausea, soreness and other unpleasant sensations.
Do not forget that the postures on the abdomen are contraindicated for pregnant women. Avoid positions where you need to strongly bend your back. If you feel that the exercise is too much for you, you can rely on a chair or a wall. Carefully follow the stretching, it must be done gradually and carefully. If you have not done sports before, pay attention to special exercises for pregnant women. 2 trimester is the time when the body will be able to smooth and gentle loads.
Before you begin, be sure to check with your doctor. Although yoga is considered safe during pregnancy, it is necessary to get the doctor's approval, because only he knows your medical history and specific circumstances.
If there are no contraindications, during this period will only benefit yoga for pregnant women. The 2 nd trimester is the time when the risk of miscarriage is significantly reduced, the woman does not experience nausea and fatigue, the body is already used to a new condition, which means you can start the exercise program safely. While doing this, do not forget to check with your doctor regularly.
Features of the exercise
During pregnancy, under the supervision of a qualified trainer, any physical activity, as well as yoga, should be conducted. For beginners, a special set of exercises should be developed, since unusual physical loads are stress for the female body.
You should not give all the best on trainings, everything is good in moderation. Exercises in which the stomach is clamped or too much pressure on the pelvic region should be excluded.
First of all, starting to engage, you need to learn to sit down gently and gently stand up. Do not forget that exercises should not cause pain, do not strain unnecessarily, the movements should be smooth and soft.
Observe simple recommendations, and exercise during pregnancy will only benefit you. In addition to physical activity, do not forget about proper nutrition, as well as use special vitamins for pregnant women. The 2nd trimester is the period when the mother's organism experiences an increased need for vitamins in connection with the growth and development of the fetus. Approach their choice seriously, before taking any complex, consult a doctor.