Yo-yo is a toy with their hands
Toys hand-made recently enjoyed extraordinary demand, because they have many advantages: low cost, environmental friendliness, non-toxicity. But most importantly, the process of creating toys with their own hands brings a true delight and gives only positive emotions.
The history of
Yo-yo is a toy with ancient Chinese roots. Some sources even reported that yo-yo have there is an the Chinese since 1000 BC the earliest predecessors of the modern toys that kept the story, is a yo-yo made of clay that dates from 500 BC To the 16th century these toys were made of stone, which was tied to a rope with a length of about 6 meters. The rope held in the hand, and a stone was thrown at the animals. If the attempt was unsuccessful, the stone back to the hand.
Yo-yo consists of two identical and symmetrically arranged with respect to each other coil, connected by an axle, which is fixed and wound a rope. The range of modern toys is wide, the discs can be made of many different materials, the connecting element acts as a bearing.
The operating principle of the pendulum.
The principle of mechanical inertia of the rotating disks.
Yo-yo: a toy and its classification
There are several classifications of yo-yo. Consider the main ones.
1. Depending on the material of the body, the yo-yo are:
- Plastic. The main material used in the manufacture of plastic. The consumer audience – children and novice users. Feature: bright appearance, minimal weight, low price.
- Composite. The main material used in the manufacture of, plastic, there are some metal parts (usually the rim). The consumer audience – advanced users and professionals. Feature: perfect to perform tricks of high complexity and long tricks, have great inertia.
- Metal. The main material used in the manufacture of aluminum. The consumer audience – professionals. Feature: maximum weight distribution, is ideal for "freestyle", the price is high.
2. Depending on the form:
- Butterfly yo-yo: a toy in a profile associated with a butterfly. A characteristic is a smooth curve to the center and the wide space between the two halves (gap).
- Imperial. Considered a classic shape yo-yo: two convex halves with a narrow gap. Suitable for games, characterized by flight of the cyclic performance, in particular for "Looping".
3. Depending on the design features:
- Collapsible. The toy lends itself to disassembly – the two halves are removed. Finds more widespread use than the molded yo-yo.
- sealed yo-yo: a toy is a single unit, and its impossible to understand.
Among the main characteristics of the yo-yo are the following:
1. Geo. The term "gap" is of English origin and means "interval". Gap is called the distance between the two halves of the toys. The magnitude of this indicator (distance) depends on the residence time yo-yo in the sleep mode, the more the gap, the longer can last executable trick.
2. Used type of bearings. The size and shape of the bearings depends on the gap, and hence the length of the slip. There are several sizes of bearings:
And provides a minimal gap. Outer diameter is 10mm, inner 5 mm, width 4 mm. usually used in the most primitive models yo-yo suitable for the average user.
With the most commonly used bearing size. Outer diameter of 12.5 mm, internal – 6.3 mm, width – 4.7 mm. is Suitable for the game "Looping", and for a longer and more complex tricks.
D – provides the greatest distance between the halves of the toys. External diameter of 11 mm, inner 5 mm, a width of 5 mm. are Used in professional circles for the passage of various events and perform complex and protracted tricks.
Form of bearings may also be of several types:
- Standart — standard bearing with flat outer surface.
- ConCave— for such bearings is characterized by the presence of grooves on the outer faces. The groove contributes to the concentration of the ropes in the center of the toy. The kind of yo-yo — yo on a string — is simple to operate, which makes it possible to operate the toy beginners. Analogues are grooved, Center Trac.
- Slim — same format type "Standard", but inferior to them in thickness.
3. The type of braking system. Brake system – the most important element of the toy. Naschityvala 4 possible types: starburts (with teeth) – this system is equipped with a toy yo-yo, the price of which is at a minimum
4. The presence of additional improvements. These may be grooves, hasaki (holders), Z-stacks, etc. sitespinner the Presence of additions required to perform a specific trick.
How to make a yo-yo myself
Consider a very simple example of how to do yo-yo at home.
- tin – 2 PCs.
- glue "Liquid nails"
- a pair of scissors.
Both his hands made a yo-yo (the toy)? The user manual gives step by step explanations:
1. Trim the top of both cans. The width should be 1 cm is Recommended to use unopened cans, of which the liquid previously drained from the incision (puncture), done with side part. Thus, the item cut from the top, will not have a trace of the opening of the vessel, and hence the probability of leakage of glue are completely eliminated.
2. Take a knife and cut them about 3 cm from the pencil. Cut this will serve as a bearing. To verify the correctness of the work done in the following way: take two tin halves of the toy, connect them to the inside of the pencil and measure the resulting gap. If the clearance is not more than 1 cm, you did the right thing.
3. To fix the pencil with tin hemispheres. Insert the pencil on the center of the cropped part of the banks and lubricated with glue. This should be done alternately with each part (half) of the toy.
4. Bend the sharp edges of tin cans and processed with a file. This needs to be done to ensure that in operation the rope was not damaged.
5. To tie the rope. The length of the rope should be about 1 m. Fasten it in the following way: on one end tie a loop for your finger, and the second to tie the pencil to the bearing.
That's all! The toy is ready! Now is what to do in your free time.
Tips and advice
How much is a toy yo-yo? The price of the cheapest models of Chinese production — from 35 to 199 rubles. A higher price category — from the 216 to 1 000 rubles. Maybe you should try to make the toy yourself?
Yo-yo (the toy) with your own hands can be done and if you use already opened cans. The main requirement is qualitatively close holes, wognum them back.
When gluing a pencil and pieces of cans of glue not regret! Remember that to obtain high-quality and easily rotate the yo-yo you need to make it heavy. This can be achieved thanks to the adhesive that is filled inside a makeshift tin halves of the toys.
When choosing a rope it is recommended to give preference to the elastic ropes made of silk or nylon.
Toy yo-yo: how to play
The most common question among beginners: "How to play the yo-yo?" In nature, there are several stylistic direction of the game.
Looping toy is actuated by hand movements — describes an elliptical trajectory and for a long time is not returned to the hand. When making tricks possible various manipulations with the rope (wrapping around the fingers, the sudden tension, gripping, twisting, etc.).
String – all stunts performed with a toy, end up returning the yo-yo to the player's hand which supports the rope. For playing string used yo-yo butterfly.
Friend in some ways is analogous to a string of games, however, the rope to the hand of the player is not attached. Hand replaces the counterweight, which is a small figure that is attached to the arm. That is, the toy and the player's hand connects the counterweight.
Offstring – play with a yo-yo without a rope.