Spoiled children: signs
When you imagine a spoiled child, you are thinking about a kid, in whose house a lot of the most modern and extravagant toys. But experts say that the behavior of children is not determined by property. The spoiled child is selfish, demanding. He uses a lot of manipulation to get what he wants.
Where do pampered children come from? Psychologists say that, as a rule, they grow in an unfavorable family environment, where adults themselves spoil them.
So, let's define some signs on which it is possible to understand, your child is "spoiled" or not. The most important thing is to identify these errors in time and try to eliminate them together.
"Center of Peace"
The specific wish of your baby is the main priority, which teaches that the world revolves only around it. This can prevent him from taking into account the needs and desires of others.
Pediatricians claim that the child should understand, give and take. When the word "take" becomes its only function, there is a violation in perception and attitude towards others. Spoiled children do not like to share. They are difficult to master the art of exchange, and it is difficult for them to understand what charity is.
Ignoring the right behavior
Modern parents are constantly busy with important things. And so they do not notice how their kids play: quietly or dangerously. If you do not explain to them that there are certain rules of conduct during fun, then they will grow up, neglecting all norms and laws. But in the future spoiled children can become potential criminals!
Rewarding for bad behavior
Hysterics and tears are the best "tools" of a rebellious child. Whether at home or in various public places, he begins to raise a cry, not thinking about his loved ones and the people who surround him. Sometimes parents simply can not stand this kind of behavior and give him what he wants. And this should not be done in any case.
Clear boundaries of behavior
If you do not establish and do not ensure the observance of specific principles of good conduct, then you will raise a child gross, disrespectful and refusing to cooperate. Such a kid will constantly express his discontent.
As a rule, spoiled children do not feel full satisfaction from what they have. If they see a toy that they do not have, then in any way they will try to get it. And if they are not taught such "virtues" as patience and respect, then your sweet child will become uncontrollable and irresponsible.
A poorly bred child wants to always manage his parents and other adults. Thus, he will achieve what he wants. In most cases, this kid will do everything to make you feel uncomfortable in society.
He also will not feel the difference between adults and their peers. So he will make mom and dad fulfill his every wish.
Of course, the most spoiled children constantly disregard the requests of their parents. They do not understand words, threats, or persuasion. And with the word "no" they try to do the opposite, showing their power in front of them.
Unschooled kids do not pay attention to moms and dads when they try to talk to them. You have to become an authority for them, to teach them to listen to you and do what you say.
Precaution your child from unreasonable presents. For example, you bought a new motorcycle for your son, because the previous one, purchased by you a few months ago, was boring him.
Another common mistake is gifts from a sense of guilt. If the kid says to you: "You are the worst mother in the world", this is not the time for pleasant surprises. Manipulating you, he will get what he wants. And in the future you will always be reproached with this.
The desire to help disappears
Spoiled children are lazy, refuse to help their parents. They do not want to do housework or have general cleaning in the yard. Such crumbs grow with a feeling of disregard for work and irresponsibility to their duties.
You have to remember that at a time when your child has ceased to be a "baby," you need to teach him to fulfill the small demands of his parents and monitor his own things and toys.
Disrespect for elders
A poorly bred child in conversation with adults often interrupts, does not listen and does not care about their words. Can even express their dissatisfaction with "bad words".
Parents should instill in their child respect for the older generation. Otherwise, in the future, he will ignore all moral values and even deny the wisdom of his grandfathers and great-grandfathers.
How to rehabilitate a spoiled child?
Do not panic if you just realized that your baby has become a path of bad manners and spoiled. Psychological experts say that everything can be fixed. The main thing is to put maximum effort into it. Follow the strategies below to make your child an example of decent parenting for many peers:
- Establish clear rules and behaviors for the child. And if you decide to change them a little, then explain to him this special exception.
- Create incentives for good behavior. Naturally, they will depend on the age of your baby. For example, you can try giving him stars for excellent deeds. And when he collects a hundred such prizes, give him the coveted present.
- Consequences for violations of the rules. They can range from canceling privileges to confiscating your favorite toys.
- Teach him that giving is more important than getting. Involve children in charitable activities. Drive them to the stores to choose gifts for friends and family members.
- Teach him to understand the word "no". If you decide to deny your child something, do not change your decision even under the influence of hysterics and screams.
- Be a role model. Show attention and respect for others - and the baby will try to follow your example.
The most spoiled children in the world
At present, the notion of "corruption" has acquired a new shade. Especially if you are a child of a Hollywood star. Can you imagine what gifts their rich parents give them? Let's find out the names of the most spoiled children and the most generous presents that they received:
1. Suri Cruz is the daughter of the famous parents of Tom and Katie Cruz. When they got divorced, they started to give her expensive gifts to a large extent, in order to attract attention to themselves. The star of the film "Mission Impossible" gave Suri an amazing mansion in New York for her favorite pony and different toys.
2. Valentine Pinot - she was lucky enough to be the daughter of one of the most beautiful women in the world, the actress Salma Hayek. Her father, François-Henri Pinault (CEO of Kering), gave his heiress a real hunting house, which costs 50 thousand dollars a month!
3. Zachary Furnish-John - the son of the famous singer Elton John and his partner, Canadian filmmaker David Fernish. Back in 2011, his fathers gave him his own apartment in the elite area of Los Angeles for $ 2 million.
4. Prince George is the son of Prince William and Kate Middleton. On the first day of his birth, he received a stunning gift from the company Stylfile - a device for nail care. But, unlike the typical manicure set, these are made of pure gold and decorated with 350 diamonds.
5. Brooklyn and Harper Beckhams are the pampered children of the wealthy parents of Victoria and David Beckham. The best gift that the daughter received on her first birthday from her father and mother is not a pony or even a doll. A picture for $ 1 million, written by British artist Damien Hirst. Now she hangs in her bedroom and pleases her mistress every day. And when the first-born, Brooklyn, turned 6 years old, a married couple in the courtyard of his mansion built a real 16-meter castle for games for 200 thousand dollars.
7. Emma and Max Anthony are twins of the famous parents Jay Law and Mark Anthony. On their birthday, a gorgeous party was organized, for which the father and mother had to pay 200 thousand dollars. The festival was attended by many stars: Elton John, Victoria and David Beckham, Eva Longoria and others. In addition to expensive designer clothes, even diamond rattles were given to kids.
8. Beyonce and Jay-Z know how to raise a spoiled child. In honor of his daughter's second birthday, Blue Ivy Carter, her parents gave her a horse of purebred Arabian breed, for which they paid 75 thousand dollars. This little present was appreciated by the little girl, because she loves animals very much.
9. Max Bratman is the son of the famous singer Christina Aguilera. And therefore it is not surprising that after his birth he immediately began to swim in luxury. The former Mrs. Bratman did not spare money for her baby. His children's room was set up for about four months: the best designer furniture for Max was made on special order. As a result, the decoration of the "royal apartments" son Christina spent 35 thousand dollars.
Now we can conclude: whether you are a rich celebrity or a simple person, do not neglect the education of their children. After all, how much you put in this effort and love, will depend on their future.
You suddenly found out that your baby is a spoiled child. The characteristics indicated in this article will help to determine whether this is really so. And the above recommendations from experts in the field of psychology will help you re-educate him. And you yourself will be surprised how your baby will enjoy life with you!