Elder law attorneys help clients who are older or disabled with specific legal issues. They can help with complex healthcare issues, long-term and retirement planning, as well as other legal matters. A general practice lawyer may not have the necessary knowledge to assist seniors, but an elder law attorney with compassion and experience is better. You can hire an affordable elder law attorney in Scottsdale from the link https://elderlawofaz.com/.
Image Source: Google
Here are some examples of elder law attorneys' services:
Financial Planning and Asset Preservation
In Scottsdale, you don't want even one cent to go to creditors or the government, no matter how large your assets or cash are. Many people prefer the option of choosing how their assets will be distributed after their death. An experienced law firm will help you determine the best asset preservation strategies to suit your financial situation and long-term goals. You will be discussing:
- Avoiding probate expenses
- Reduce income, estate, and gift taxes
- Protection against judgments
- Planning for long-term care costs
Trusts and Wills
In Scottsdale, when it comes to estate planning, trusts and will have different purposes. While both may be useful, you need to know the differences between them. These are the key points:
- A will is valid after your death; a trust is created immediately.
- A will is subject to probate. This means that a court will supervise the process. A trust is not subject to probate. The terms of the trust are not subject to probate, but a will is public.
These are just a few of the many difficult and emotional areas elder law attorneys can help you with. You can rest assured that your wishes will always be respected by having plans in place for your senior years.