Cold hands in infants: searching for the cause and cope with it
Truly God's gift can be considered the birth in the family healthy toddler. From the moment of conception, every mother starts to take care of your kadushka, despite the fact that he is still very tiny, and better to protect him. These include daily routine, diet, ensuring healthy and full of sleep, physical and mental development.
But what mother, if she suddenly finds cold hands of infants? How does she deal with it? What is this problem and is it worth worry about? In this article, you can find answers to such issues of concern to young mothers.
To coddle or not to coddle? That is the question.
Once the family baby is born, the parents, despite read the literature and viewed the transmission associated with the education and care of children, there are many issues that affect the health of the baby. And one of the most frequently asked questions is: "Why do babies have cold hands?"
The first thing moms do in this case — as soon as possible try to keep him warm, wrapped in a blanket. So do many young parents. Yes and the older generation firmly believes that the best and most effective means — is a clothing baby woolen mittens and socks, even if legs and arms he's just cool.
As a rule, doctors try to assure new parents that, with good appetite and quiet the child's behavior to worry about. Modern pediatricians recommend to pay attention to the General condition of Caparica because his cold hands and feet can be evidence of a normal state, and signal the fact that the kid has some kind of disease.
The fact is that the cold hands and feet in infants are absolutely not an indication that he is sick. In the vast majority of cases this only shows that the autonomic nervous system of the baby has not yet fully managed to adapt to the world around him. Day by day the heat-exchange processes in the body toddler will be improved, and after just a few months, his normal thermoregulation.
Carefully check the.
If it's your mother's anxiety is not reduced, it is difficult due to the inexperience to understand the health of the crumbs, you can use the recommendation of pediatricians: touching the breast the baby with the back of her hands mom. If this site little bodies warm, then all is well, baby is not frozen. But if on the contrary, the child is really uncomfortable, it feels chilly. So in this case if hands are cold in infants — it froze. Rescue gloves are made of natural fabrics and gently thrown over the baby's warm blanket.
What determines the temperature of your hands and feet?
There are many factors that affect the thermal state of the upper and lower limbs of babies: the ambient temperature, and autonomic nervous system of the baby, and even that — whether well-fed baby, or hungry. The first months of his little life toddler not yet able to "keep" their body temperature, so the advice on warming smallest member of the family should be treated with special attention, if the room where the infant is not protected from drafts, and if the temperature is below a 22-25 degrees.
But why the baby cold hands and feet when he is already at least a month old, you should understand immediately. Better to do it not alone, but to include the child's pediatrician.
Why hands and feet cold?
So, it is clear that there may be cold hands in infants. The reasons for this can be very different. Take a closer look.
- The physiological causes. The autonomic nervous system of the child, through which is regulated by heat exchange, fully maturing only 1-1,5 years. Therefore, in this age particularly but not to worry, but it is important to monitor the overall health of the baby. Need to monitor appetite and behavior of chips if he eats well and very active, has no other signs of disease, his health is in order.
- Illness colds and other inflammatory. Cold hands in infants can signal the first signs of colds or other diseases. If in addition to cold extremities is observed crying, food refusal, cough, fever, rashes on the skin, then it shows that the baby was ill.
- Being in the body of a baby in a sufficient amount of vitamins and nutrients. If toddler valenki, poorly recovering, lagging behind in development, it is necessary to take control of how he eats and how much consume the right nutrients. It may happen that in the milk of nursing mothers is not enough for him some substance.
- Diseases of the thyroid gland. If a baby has permanent chronic constipation, disorders of thermoregulation, thickening of the tongue, this indicates a disruption in the thyroid. A visit to an endocrinologist is urgently required.
- Anemia. Iron deficiency can be not only in adults but also in infants. The reason may be prematurity, goiter, improper feeding the baby and some other diseases.
How to relieve baby from the cold handles?
To try to solve such an important problem as cold hands in infants (and his legs too), it is necessary to conduct a number of preventive measures. If it's all in the circulation, a course of massage at home or in the hospital. This massage is concentrated on the body and limbs of the baby will strengthen his muscles, activates blood circulation and will give a little energy boost. Blood will better circulate throughout the body, it is better to go to the extremities and provide oxygen to the tissues. And some massage exercises will give the baby's body flexibility.
Thanks contrast shower the blood vessels dilate, which improves blood circulation. Such hardening, moreover, strengthens the immunity of the crumbs from childhood. After a shower it is necessary to intensively RUB the baby with a soft towel that will provide a burst to the legs and handles blood and, accordingly, they will be warm.
It is important to remember! The baby needs to be warm always, so we need to ensure that his clothes were of good quality. Should not be too baby to coddle, not to cause him potnick and not to raise his temperature. But be sure to put it in more than one layer of clothing that is a size larger.
Largely temperature regime depends on food consumed by infants. Mom must make sure that the food was a little higher on the degree than room temperature.
Be sure to protect kids from stress, because the nervous system of children is too sensitive to any shocks. If it will flatten, it will cause not only cold hands and feet toddler, but also many other serious pathologies.