Cold hands of the baby: we look for the cause and cope with it
It is truly God's gift to consider the birth of a healthy baby in the family. From the very conception every mother begins to take care of her chadushka, despite the fact that he is still very tiny, and if possible, better guard it. This includes the regime of the day, diet, healthy and full sleep, physical and mental development.
But what should mom do if she suddenly discovers cold hands in the baby? How should she deal with this? What kind of problem is this and should I worry about this? In this article you can find answers to similar questions that worry young mothers.
To eat or not to wrap? That is the question.
As soon as a baby is born in the family, parents, despite the literature read and the broadcasts related to the upbringing and taking care of children, raise a lot of questions that concern the health of the karapuzik. And one of the most frequently asked questions is the following: "Why does the baby have cold hands?"
The first thing that mummies do in this case - try to warm it up as quickly as possible, wrapped in a blanket. So do many young parents. And the older generation is firmly convinced that the best and most effective tool is the dressing of the baby in woolen mittens and socks, even if the legs and hands are just cool.
As a rule, doctors try to convince newly-made parents that if there is a good appetite and calm behavior of the child there is nothing to worry about. Modern pediatricians recommend paying attention to the general condition of the kaparuzika, because its cold hands and feet can be both evidence of a normal state, and a signal to the fact that the baby has some kind of disease.
We improve, growing up.
The thing is that the cold hands and feet of the baby are not at all an indicator that he is ill. In the vast majority of cases, this only indicates that the baby's autonomic system has not yet fully adapted to the conditions of the world around him. Day to day, the heat exchange processes in the body of the baby will be improved, and after only a few months, its thermoregulation normalizes.
If, however, mother's excitement does not diminish, it is difficult for her to understand the state of her crumbs due to inexperience, you can take advantage of the recommendation of pediatricians: to touch the baby's breast with the back of your mother's hand. If this part of the small calf is warm, then everything is fine, the baby is not frozen. But if on the contrary, the child is really uncomfortable, he is chilly. Therefore, in this case, if the cold hands of the baby - he froze. Grafts from natural fabrics will be grabbed and a warm blanket neatly thrown over the baby.
What determines the temperature of the handles and legs?
There are many factors on which the temperature state of the upper and lower extremities of the infants depends: it is the temperature of the environment, and the state of the autonomic nervous system of the baby, and even if the baby is full or hungry. During the first months of his little life the youngsters do not know how to "keep" the temperature of their bodies, so the advice on warming a small family member should be taken with special attention if the room where the newborn is located is not protected from drafts and if the temperature in it is below the required temperature. -25 degrees.
But why the baby has cold hands and feet, when he is already at least a month old, should be dealt with immediately. And it's better not to do it yourself, but to connect the pediatrician to this.
Why are the knobs and legs cold?
So, it is already clear that there can be cold hands in the baby. The reasons for this can be very different. Let us consider them in more detail.
- Physiological causes. The autonomic nervous system of the child, thanks to which the heat exchange is regulated, fully ripens only to 1-1,5 years. Therefore, before this age, it is not worth worrying, but it is important to monitor the overall condition of the baby. It is necessary to observe the appetite and behavior of a crumb: if he eats well and is active enough, has no other signs of pathology, then his health is in order.
- Catarrhal and other inflammatory diseases. Cold hands of the baby can signal the first signs of a cold or other diseases. If, in addition to the cold extremities, there is tearfulness, refusal to eat, cough, high body temperature, rashes on the skin, then it shows that the baby is sick.
- The presence in the body of a baby in an insufficient number of vitamins and nutrients. If the youngster is sluggish, improves badly, lags behind in development, then it is necessary to take control, how it eats and how much it uses the necessary nutrients. It may happen that in the milk of a nursing mother there are not enough substances for him.
- Diseases of the thyroid gland. If the baby has chronic chronic constipation, thermoregulation disorders, thickening of the tongue, then this indicates a disruption in the thyroid gland. A visit to the endocrinologist is urgently needed.
- Anemia. The lack of iron can be not only in adults, but also in infants. The cause may be prematurity, dysbiosis, ineffective feeding of the baby and some other diseases.
How to save the baby from cold hands?
To try to solve such an important problem as the cold hands of the baby (and his legs too), one must carry out a number of preventive measures. If the whole thing is in the circulation, then you need a massage course at home or in the hospital. Such a massage, concentrated on the body and limbs of the baby, will strengthen its muscles, activate blood circulation and give the baby a charge of vivacity. Blood will be better circulated through the body, it is better to go to the extremities and supply the tissues with oxygen. And a certain massage exercises will give the baby body flexibility.
Due to the contrast of the soul, the sosudas expand, which also improves the circulatory system. This hardening, in addition, strengthens the immunity of crumbs from childhood. After the shower, it is necessary to intensively grind the carapuzika with a soft towel, which will provide a tide to the legs and knobs of blood and, accordingly, they will become warm.
Important to remember! The baby should always be warm, so you need to make sure that his clothes are of high quality. Do not overly karapuza to wrap, so as not to cause him to sweat and not raise his temperature. But be sure to wear it in more than one layer of clothing, which will be a size larger.
In many respects, the temperature regime depends on the food consumed by the baby. Mom should make sure that the food was slightly higher in degrees than the room temperature.
It is necessary to protect the youngster from stress, because the nervous system of children is too sensitive to any shocks. If her work breaks down, this will cause not only the cold hands and legs of the baby, but many other serious pathologies.