Ironing board for sleeves: how to make your own hands
An ironing board for sleeves is a necessary thing for a family in which there is often a need to iron shirts. With the help of this device it is possible to stroke the sleeves in the most difficult places without creasing. The ironing board for shirts can be purchased complete with a large board or made independently. How to do this, described in the article.
What is ironing sleeve
The ironing board for the sleeves is a small stand with a solid surface. It is designed for ironing sleeves of shirts and sweaters. The iron sleeve has the shape of a narrow rectangle with rounded edges. The design of the device makes it easy to put on it a sleeve of different widths.
Ironing on the mini-board is quite convenient. To do this, you need to pull on it that piece of clothing that you should pat, carefully spread out so that there are no wrinkles on the fabric, and walk through the iron. To stroke the other side of the sleeve, just twist it.
Ironing board for sleeves allows you to perfectly smooth the shirts from any fabric. In addition, ironing sleeves can be used to iron small things. For example, with the help of such a device it is much more convenient to take care of children's things.
Ironing boards for sleeves do not take up much space. They can be used on the table or on any other smooth, comfortable surface.
How to iron on a mini-board
The result depends on compliance with certain rules:
- Clean should be clean and dried products. If the shirt is dry, it can be sprayed with a spray gun. This will facilitate the smoothing of wrinkles and dents.
- Then you need to look at the label of the product to find out the recommended temperature of the iron.
- When the iron heats up, you can start ironing. First, you should iron the back, the shoulders and the front of the shirt. To the sleeves you need to start last.
- If the main parts of the shirt are ironed, you can use a mini-board. Shirt sleeves should be pulled on the device in such a way that the fabric is evenly distributed over the surface. It is important to make sure that the ironed seats do not crumple.
A sign of correctly ironed sleeves is the absence of arrows and bends. You can achieve this result by following simple rules:
- pull the sleeve along the board and straighten it with your hands;
- iron cuffs in all places and corners, so that there are no folds;
- continue to stroke the sleeve in the longitudinal direction from the inside, that is from the seam;
- flip the sleeve and continue to stroke in the same direction;
- when one sleeve is already ironed, you should proceed to another one.
Ironing board for sleeves with your own hands
If necessary, an ironing sleeve can be purchased. But if there is a desire and time, this adaptation can be made independently. To do this, you need a small wooden board or chipboard, metal sheet, drill, screws, hacksaw.
First you need to cut out a rectangle measuring 10x50 cm from the board. Draw a semicircle on one edge and cut the board along the drawn line using a hacksaw. As a result, the edge should be in the form of a semicircle.
To make the bracket, you need to cut out a rectangle of 10x15 cm from the metal sheet. Bend the resulting part across to form the letter Z. On the upper and lower shelves of the bracket, drill 2 holes for fixation. Attach the upper shelf to the bottom of the mini-board, and the lower shelf to the ironing board. It is recommended to fix the board for sleeves in the opposite side from the holder for the iron.
There is another way of how the ironing board for sleeves can be attached, the photo of which is shown below.
Sewing of a cover
To be comfortable to iron and do not spoil the products, it is necessary to sew a removable cover. To do this, you will need linen or cotton fabric, threads, scissors, elastic, foam rubber or sintepon 2 mm thick.
First you need to make a pattern of the future cover. To do this, you need to take measurements of the board and make a pattern of the cover. Or you can apply a cloth to the prepared board and cut it around the edges, leaving 5-6 cm of indentation. Similarly, cut foam or sintepon with a margin of 2-3 cm.
To sew a cover it is desirable on the typewriter that the equal seams have turned out. The edges of the fabric can be treated with an overlock.
While sewing the edges of the cover, it is important to leave a hole through which it will be possible to stretch the pulling cord or elastic. On the board you need to put foam or sintepon and put on a cover.
If you follow the described instructions, you can make such a device, like an ironing board for sleeves, with your own hands. Its dimensions can be changed.
Making a board without sewing a case
There is also an easier way to create such a necessary thing. So, you can cut two identical boards and 4 short beams for joining parts. Fix all the parts in one side of the product so that you can easily put on the sleeve.
Ready-made ironing board for sleeves is worn on the bottom contour by foam rubber and cloth with the help of a construction stapler. Advantages of this method are saving time and simplicity.