The slicker brush for dogs — what is it? The slicker brush for dogs: photos, reviews, tips for choosing
Many people hesitate to keep dogs at home because of their bushiness. But today you can buy a special device – a slicker brush for dogs. What it is, knows every owner of a pet which must be constantly, and most importantly, time to comb. Consider how this device works and what to consider during its operation.
What is it?
Have any pet – it's cute and touching, but many interfere with the abundance of hair that accumulates everywhere – from clothes to plates of food. But the problem is solved, and quite simple methods. Veterinarians advise to use a safe, but highly effective slicker brush for dogs. What is it? This is a handy tool that allows you to comb out the dead hair from animals, not causing them pain. Most dog owners today prefer to use a device that not only helps animals, but also saves time of the owner.
The slicker brush has a simple design, which consists of a handle, blade with teeth, allowing the device to outwardly resembles an ordinary comb. The teeth differ this form to podzemeliy hairs of the undercoat and stretched to the surface. Compared with conventional brushes is more reliable and easy to use slicker brush for dogs. What is it and how does it work? Note that most modern models have additional features that should be considered when choosing.
Which one to choose?
All models of modern furminator different working surface and length of the teeth. The original is considered to be the products of the brand Furminator Inc. – fulminatory of this brand are available in 5 versions depending on what color they are and how wide their blades:
- large slicker brush for large dogs: blade width is 10 cm. this tool is suitable for the grooming of such breeds as the Labrador, German shepherd, collie, husky
- medium is designed for medium sized dogs (sheltie, Cocker spaniels)
- small Pets small breeds (Maltese, Pomeranian, Pekingese).
Choose the model needs to be in accordance with the peculiarities of your pet, but it is important that the furminators do not harm their skin and coat, and helped her to get rid of excess shedding. Many brands focus on the production of quality products for Pets, so caring for them was easier.
For short-haired dogs
The slicker brush for short-haired dogs should definitely apply, as it allows you to keep the fur in good condition. Have short-haired dogs, contrary to many opinions, too, have some problems:
- even short coat does shed, and this means that the floor and the clothes will accumulate the hair
- the dead undercoat is necessary to remove in a timely manner, as otherwise, the animal hair will become ugly and lose resistance to various diseases
- strong molt adversely affects the condition of the skin.
So if you have a Labrador, a poodle, a Pekinese or a Chihuahua, be sure to buy a slicker brush for dogs. The photo shows that the modern models are compact but stylish appearance. The blade is made of high quality steel, so the tool will last a long time.
If you have large breeds that are very rough, to the care of their hair should be paid much attention. Today, many brands offer to acquire effective tools that can reduce the amount of shedding to almost ninety percent. In the classic version of furminators for long-haired dogs at the simplicity of the design is highly efficient, as he developed a professional grumari. A good quality tool can significantly reduce the amount of shedding, reduce the amount of dead hair compared with the brush, slicker or comb. The distinctive features of models are:
- gentle care for top coat hair and wool with a soft removal of the dead undercoat
- stimulation of a selection of natural oils, giving the skin and animal hair a healthy look and Shine
- the thoughtful design, which is often created from stainless steel which affects its durability
- comfort and ergonomics models
- the ease of use.
Who can not?
Furminators for cats and dogs should be chosen properly. So, you cannot use these tools, if you hold:
These dogs have no undercoat, so the use of a slicker brush can harm them. In addition, you cannot use this tool if the dog has skin problems, abrasions or sores on her. You cannot use a slicker brush and in the following cases:
- If the dogs bare rocks.
- If Pets have a thick and curly hair.
- If the pet has skin irritation, rash.
Features of use
We already know how effective the slicker brush for dogs, what is it and how it works. Now let's find out how to apply it:
- visivite only dry hair if it is wet, the teeth of the slicker brush will become clogged and to clean them would be difficult
- combing occurs in the direction of hair growth, but first you need to get rid of tangles, matted fur, not to bent teeth
- using the slicker brush, you do not need to exert excessive force – this may cause injury.
If you use a slicker brush for shorthaired dogs, remember to brush their need from the back to the abdomen, making movements from the neck to the tail. With long hair it's harder to work: first you need to get rid of the old undercoat, making it in layers.
Popular models: Trixie
Trixie is a classic slicker brush German-made, available in three price categories. This tool is suitable for combing the undercoat of dogs, cats, suitable for different hair lengths. This slicker brush for dogs reviews got good thanks to a convenient working surface safety and efficiency. In addition, the special structure of teeth provides gentle pulling out dead undercoat, while not cutting off live guard hairs. This model can be used for all breeds of dogs, except hairless. But for collies, Golden retrievers, setters, spaniels, pugs, Labradors, beagles, husky dogs, longhaired dachshunds Trixie fits perfectly!
About the slicker brush Foolee a lot of good reviews. So, users noted that the tool significantly reduces shedding, when you use not injured guard hairs, dead undercoat removed easily, and the mats are not formed. In a series of products of American manufacture the presented models, designed for different breeds of dogs:
- Foolee Large. The model can be used for dogs with undercoat, but for poodles, Shih Tzu, Terriers instrument is not suitable.
- Deluxe for medium dogs. Blade length 66 mm effective for combing wool has faded, it does not damage the top coat to the living hair. The blade is made of stainless steel, so are durable.
- Deluxe — for dogs with short hair. Small blade is ideal to cope with short coat, for example, a Chihuahua.
All products of this brand has established itself as a reliable, safe in operation, which allows to solve several problems at once:
- prevents tangles
- effectively combs out the old wool of different lengths
- penetrates deep into the coat without harming the skin
- evenly distributes lubricant over the skin and wool to make it soft and silky.
The model of the French production is presented in two varieties – classic (the slickers) and more advanced modifications with two working surfaces: one acts as a rake, the second as a comb. The accessories of this brand are popular among buyers because of its stylish design, ease of use and efficiency. The company cooperates with grumari and breeders of dogs from different countries, offering high-quality and reliable accessories.
Furminator this Chinese brand like those who prefer a versatile and inexpensive tools. But the brand also offers sophisticated models. So, along with the classic slicker brush, in the line of the brand is the model of 2 in 1: one working surface it acts as a rake and allows you to remove the excess hair, the second – the slicker brush that removes dead hair from the undercoat.
An effective way to deal with the long hair – use the slicker brush for dogs. The photo shows that it is a compact tools that are nonetheless effective and convenient to use. Experts advise to be careful when choosing the device must be safe for animals, do not harm their skin and coat, and brought only pleasure. That is why it is important to approach the choice, to consult a veterinarian who will talk about the proper use of the device.