Water filter for water Aquaphor Universal
Fans of long trips to a remote area of civilization, most likely, know the problem of lack of drinking water. Bearing the necessary stock is not realistic. And drinking water from the sources is dangerous. Therefore, experienced travelers use proven methods of water treatment. To do this, they add special agents to it, boil it, pass it through a self-made or factory-made strainer for water.
What kind of water can I drink in the campaign?
It is good, if the way lies on the mountainous terrain, rich in crystal clear streams and springs. But what about when the campaign is not carried out in an ecologically clean area? The first thing you need to learn is that the water to drink should not be taken from the first source on the way. The best option is flowing out of the ground. But, unfortunately, such springs are rare. If they are not nearby, it is worth choosing a water spring, which is located in the most picturesque part of nature.
If around the blooming nature - you can safely take the water. If you value your health, liquid with a bad smell and color bypass the side. Do not use water from a source surrounded by fading greens, the skeletons of animals, if there is a nearby plant or settlement. Having used this liquid without preliminary cleaning, you risk ending your campaign ahead of time.
How to purify water in a hike
The issue of drinking water should be taken care of beforehand, even before deciding to go on a journey. Examine the map of the area you will be driving through. Identify the sources where you can wash and collect water for drinking. Think about cleaning methods and take with you some materials that you may need to make a water filter for yourself.
An excellent option, saving many travelers is a road filter of factory production. If you take it with you, you practically do not need to puzzle over where to take the water, suitable for drinking. Filters for water purification in marching conditions are produced with such characteristics that their operation was most convenient in such a situation. A special place in the life of travelers is occupied by the tourist (or marching) filter "Aquaphor Universal". What explains this popularity?
"Aquaphor Universal" - assistant tourists and gardeners
The water filter "Aquaphor Universal" is actually designed not only for cleaning liquids taken from open sources. They are actively used by summer residents or owners of country cottages, where there is no centralized water supply. Its ability to neutralize chlorine also says that the manufacturer assumes that the device will also be used to purify drinking water from the tap.
With the help of this filter, water, in whatever initial state it may be, can almost completely eliminate such impurities as:
Using the filter "Aquaphor Universal" in field conditions
The water filter for water "Aquafor Universal" is very compact and convenient to use. It weighs only 400 g, has dimensions of 65x90 mm. It is able to clean up to 300 liters of water from open sources. For a minute with its help, you can get 300 ml of drinking water. So, only one filter is enough for a whole group of tourists.
The filter "Aquaphor Universal" has a hole for fixing to a water tap, and with the help of a special nozzle it can be attached to any plastic bottle, which is very practical in a hiking environment. But it is important to take into account one important nuance. Water, taken from open natural sources, must be boiled before passing through the filter. This only indicates that not all 100% of microorganisms living in it can eliminate this purifier, and the risk of infection, although minimal, exists.
Boiling - the first way to disinfect water
Experienced tourists know that there are several ways to decontaminate water from natural sources, if a walking filter for water purification is unavailable for some reason. Most often resorted to boiling. But it's important not just to wait until the water starts to boil, but to keep it in this state for at least 10 minutes, and preferably 20 or even 30.
For the best effect in boiling water should be added young twigs of any coniferous tree. You can use for this purpose bark of oak, beech, willow, forest or walnut, as well as young birch bark. Also suitable are grasses that are near at hand: calendula, arnica, roll-field, feather grass, camel thorn, yarrow, field violet. All components should be added in the amount of one or two glasses per bucket of water during boiling or when it is removed from the fire to settle for 6 hours.
How to save water from microbes in a hike
- Adding tablets. This is not the best way to decontaminate the water, but with the chemical components it is still not as harmful as can be unprocessed liquid from the river. For this purpose, such means can be used: pantocide, aqua-sept, clorcept, hydrochloronasone. With just one tablet of any of the proposed drugs, you can disinfect half a liter of water within 20 minutes.
- Маргацовка. The bucket should be taken in the amount of only 1-2 g. Keep in mind that the solution does not turn out to be a saturated color, otherwise you can get an unwanted dysbacteriosis in the hike.
- Salt. Adding one or two liters of a tablespoon of table salt, you can decontaminate not very dirty water. But remember, the constant use of such a composition can lead to dehydration.
Mechanical purification of water in a hike
If the water extracted in the trek is too muddy and has relatively large admixtures, you can build a field filter for water with your own hands. There are several options:
- From large particles, earth, sand, will help get rid of any folded in several layers of fabric. You can take a bandage or clean socks.
- With prolonged parking, you can simply defend the water in large barrels or barbags. Under the influence of sunlight, microorganisms also die in it.
- Another way to get more or less clean water is to let it seep through the earth. To do this, dig a hole two steps from the pond and wait for the water to run in.
- You can make a kind of wick of wool and drop its ends into a tank with and without water. Water will gradually pour.
- Also, tourists often independently make a filter for water in field conditions from three sticks, cloth, grass, fine sand and charcoal. From the sticks set up a tripod, to which the cloth is attached with the listed contents. Passing through the grass, sand and coal, the water will become transparent.
- Another way to make a water filter for water is to make it from a tin can and sand. To do this, a few small holes are made from a can under the can, laying a piece of cloth or several layers of gauze on top and pouring hot sand. The filter is ready. Now it is necessary to pour in it small portions of water and wait patiently until it pours out of the holes. Instead of banks often use a plastic bottle.
Improvement of water quality in field conditions
The water will become a little cleaner and tastier if you add a little wine to it. If the liquid is bitter and has an unpleasant smell, you can defend it for several hours with charcoal taken from the fire. Sometimes pieces of clay or wool are thrown into the boiling water. And then, taking out, squeeze them.
Hawthorn berries will improve the taste of salt water. Another way to get delicious water is to mix it with clean ground and let it settle well. The liquid will improve the quality and taste if it is defended with several fresh or dry leaves of ashberry.
The simplest and safest way to clean water from contaminants and microbes is to pass it through the factory filter, for example "Aquaphor Universal". But if this kind of filter is not available for water, then you can use the improvised means to make it yourself and use one of the methods of disinfection. Thus, getting rid of water from impurities and dangerous microorganisms, you will get a completely safe liquid for drinking. And taking the advice to improve its quality and taste, you can even to some extent enjoy the process of quenching thirst.