What is youth: the definition of age limits
When thoughts about what the youth immediately come to mind are romantic songs, poems poets, Dating under the moon, high hopes and unlimited possibilities. However, it is only the outer shell. The youth is quite interesting and challenging for study by psychologists.
What is youth: the definition
Adolescence is a stage of physical maturation of a person, but also personal development that lies between childhood and adult age. From the point of view of psychology is the transition from dependence inherent in the child independence and responsibility inherent in formed people. From the point of view of physiology in this moment of physical and sexual maturation. Also the achievement of social maturity is characterized by such concept, as "youth" or "youth". Age limits are determined by the interval from 14 to 18 years, if we are talking about national psychology. Foreign experts believe that adolescence starts from the age of 16.
Approaches to the problem of youth
"What is youth?" is one of the oldest questions ever asked by psychologists. Despite the huge number of theoretical developments and empirical research, this problem still remains relevant. It can be considered from the standpoint of the following approaches:
- Biogenetic theory draws attention to the physiological and socio-psychological factors. This refers to the process of maturation of the organism and personality, which occurs on certain stages that are universal. This theory in its own way defines the moment from which people can be categorized as "youth". Age limits — the beginning of puberty (12 years) and to full adulthood (25 years), a person is considered young, prone to romanticism.
- Socio-genetical theory explains the value of youth on the basis of what place a person occupies in the structure of society. Notes the close connection between the natural formation of personality and environment properties. At a young age is the formation of worldview, and behavioral characteristics, as well as circle of friends. While age limits are not specified, as they are purely individual.
- Psychogenetic approach draws attention to the psychological processes. This direction focuses on the emotions that determine the behavioral characteristics. At each new stage the person acquires new properties, which were previously unavailable. Adolescence is the fifth stage. at this moment there is the realization by man of his individuality and originality.
- An integrated approach simultaneously takes into account all the factors (they are guided by domestic psychologists) in the definition of "youth". Age is measured as the period from onset of puberty until the final formation of the personality.
Any period in human life associated with any activity. What is youth? It is primarily the choice of future life path, in which a special place is professional identity. Thus, the choice of future occupation becomes the Central problem of adolescence.
Taking into account the need to acquire a profession young age is accompanied by a continuous training. At the same time it becomes more profound and conscious than at an earlier age. It is characterized by the following features:
- broad and deep perception of educational material, aimed at the formation of future professional knowledge
- in addition to passive reception of information, the individual resorts to active and independent in her search.
Social motives adolescence
Childhood, youth, maturity — each of the periods of human life characterized by certain motifs that define his work. Young people are full of aspirations and hopes for the future. In this regard, they are guided by the following factors:
- conviction of the need for continuous development that is achieved through continuing education
- professional self-determination, due to the need of preparation for future independent living
- social motivation caused by the desire to benefit others.
The factors of choosing a future profession
Given that young man in his youth needs to choose the future occupation, great attention psychologists give reasons. Thus, the main factors of choice are:
- social prestige and the opportunity to take their rightful place in society
- personal — presence of qualities and traits necessary for a particular profession
- material — the ability to provide for himself and his family a decent living.
The main problems
Weight geneologiya problems characterized this period as adolescence. The years of a young person's life consist of many key issues, the main ones are the following:
- the preliminary choice of the future profession, which consists of attitudes, abilities and priority research areas
- commitment to the values that define the public consciousness, and interpersonal relationships
- growing social activity, which is not a trivial interest, and the desire to participate directly in the events
- the formation of Outlook on fundamental issues
- the expansion of the interest and the vital query, which leads to the need for greater quantities of material resources
- the social orientation of personality, which involves finding your place in society
- the search for the answer to the question about the meaning of life and the destiny of man in it.
The formation of personality of the young man
The young man at some point becomes the path of self-awareness, which is inseparably linked with formation of the so-called "I". It occurs in the following areas:
- the formation of a particular attitude to the emotional sphere (feelings are not just reactions to external events, and personal characteristics)
- awareness of the irreversible flow of time (this fact makes the young person to think more seriously about your future and designing a life plan)
- the formation of the holistic view not only of his body and internal structure, but also moral, volitional and intellectual qualities.
During adolescence a young man begins to reconsider relations with others, particularly with peers. So, they are divided into two categories — friends and comrades. The first are closest, those that deserve loyalty and respect. With all her peers, the young people build camaraderie, which implies courteousness, mutual respect and mutual support.
Tactics and relationship building with peers, built largely on the basis of future well-being (both psychological and physical). In the circle of communication remains the most interesting and "useful" people. The rest are in a sort of emotional isolation. Nevertheless, often youthful friendship is idealized and illusory.
Also for a young age is characterized by the occurrence of such deep feelings as love. It is connected not only with the completion of puberty, but also with the desire to have a close person, with whom you can share problems and happy events. Beloved man is a kind of ideal in terms of personal and external qualities.
Youth in the modern world
What is youth? This is a dynamic category that is not permanent. Over time, with the development of society it changes significantly. So, due to the rapidly increasing acceleration of adolescence begins much earlier. But the social maturity comes somewhat later. This is to some extent due to the fact that modern parents coddle children for much longer.
As in any other time, the youth is committed to work with the aim to provide for own funds. However, the modern trend is that young men don't want to do the "dirty work", which brings a small income and determines the lowest social status. There is a tendency to want to get everything at once.
The youth is the most wonderful time in a person's life. It is associated not only with romantic feelings and dreams, but also with large opportunities in terms of organization of their future. Research and recommendations from psychologists help to direct the activities of young people in the right direction and push them to make the right decisions.