What is pasteurization? Methods of thermal processing of containers for preservation
What is pasteurization? To be able to store food in glass jars as long as you can only pre-neutering capacity. To the workpiece is not spoiled, it is necessary not only to follow the recipe, but also know how to prepare containers, cleansing it of contaminants and microorganisms.
What is pasteurization of cans and why it is required?
The method involves cleaning of containers for foodstuffs subjected to high temperature. Resort to such actions in order to destroy microorganisms. The development of the latter in a sealed glass container may result in rapid deterioration of food.
What are the conditions of pasteurization? To achieve the desired effect, capacity for preserving, you need to preheat at a temperature below about 85 C. For complete destruction of bacteria whose livelihoods may lead to the adulteration of food banks takes a long time to be heating. For tracking the right indicators usually use the thermometer, raising and lowering the temperature, which allows to achieve this goal.
Pasteurization of jars of preserves and no – reliable solution for long-term conservation storage in the cellar, the fridge. Let's find out how to properly prepare a glass container.
Pasteurization for a couple
One of the easiest and affordable ways – preparation of glass container to blockage of conservation using conventional pots for a couple. That suggests the way? For a pot filled with warm water, laid a metal grate, a sieve, any other convenient fixture with the holes. Here are banks turned upside down.
What is pasteurization for a couple? The method consists in boiling the water, which is uniformly splash capacity ferry from the bottom up. Last such heat treatment have at least for 15 minutes. In conclusion, banks need to remove from the grid, placing upside down on a clean towel.
Effective solution – pre-annealing of glass containers for preservation in the oven. After thorough washing and rinsing wet cans are placed in the preheated oven. This sets up a temperature of about 160 C. Pasteurization in the oven glass containers continues until the surface is completely evaporate the moisture.
Heat processing of cans in a microwave oven
To prepare glass bottles for preserving foods can be in the microwave. To do this, the bottom tanks must be covered with water about 1 cm in the microwave Pasteurization involves heat treatment of cans with the power of 800 W for 5 minutes. Subject to the above procedure, the container will evenly pour over the ferry.
Pasteurization of cans with blanks
Quite often there is a need for pasteurization not only glass containers used for conservation, but also the finished product. Usually in need squash caviar, salads, Lecho, other vegetable dishes. Do not require heat treatment before the blockage in the banks for long-term storage tomatoes, pickles, jam.
What is pasteurization with blanks? The procedure assumes the following:
- jars filled with ready-made products are covered with caps which are pre-exposed to boiling
- prepared this way the glass container is placed in the pan
- banks covered by warm water so that the liquid reaches to about the shoulder of the containers, but does not touch the neck
- the bottom of the pans immediately to lay a wooden circle that will not allow the containers to RUB against each other in the process of boiling
- at the end of the container is subjected to heat treatment, then pull out and order.
How long should last the pasteurization container glass placed in it a billet? If the products are placed in cans of 1 liter, enough boiling for 10-15 minutes. Subjected to pasteurization two-liter capacity will have about 20 minutes. As for the three-liter container, the latter is pasteurized along with blanks for about 30 minutes. These time periods applicable to prepare for the preserving of fruit, liquid salads, tomatoes. Fried foods should be pasteurized for a few minutes longer.
There are several considerations which will help to avoid trouble during the pasteurization of jars and storage of sealed products:
- For conservation is to use only new lids. Products used that contain scratches on the surface or deformation, does not allow to count on long-term storage of workpieces.
- Before preserving you need to thoroughly clean products. Preferably several times to wash the model under running water.
- The pasteurization of containers in the pot should not put it on the exposed bottom of the metal container with boiling water. Indeed, in this case glass can easily break.
So we learned, what are the ways to sterilize jars under conservation in the home. Finally it is worth noting that the specifics of the technological process of preparation of products for long-term storage in the off-season is the key to safe eating delicious food.