What to give a child from a headache: drugs allowed to children
All babies are too sensitive to various pain sensations. And any unpleasant symptoms that they can feel, are painful. As a rule, the youngsters begin to be capricious, harmful, reluctant to eat and badly fall asleep, their behavior at this point leaves much to be desired. And the more intense the headache, the worse the behavior of the child, and the more capricious. Let's try in this article to understand what kind of symptoms the headache has for children, and what to give the child from a headache, how to better cure the baby, in order not only to ease the pain, but also not to harm him?
Adults and children: whether it is possible to be treated equally?
Almost all adults know that if there is fever, fever, painful symptoms, you can take the usual "Paracetamol" or "Nurofen". They perfectly reduce the temperature and anesthetize them, relieving them of discomfort. Armed with this knowledge, parents, without much thought, do the same actions, trying to help their child. But to do it is unacceptably categorical! So what should you do in this case? What kind of pill to give a child a headache? Whether so it is necessary to address for consultation to the doctor?
There are cases when it is simply necessary for the baby's body to provide an opportunity to fight the disease on its own. It is enough only to provide supportive measures with the help of healthy fortified food. In this way, you can temper the body, slightly increase its immunity and develop an antigen for a certain stamp of the disease.
Symptoms of headache
If the habitual behavior of the child suddenly changes to tearfulness and capriciousness, the parents should immediately react, paying attention to the state of his health. It is much easier if the child is already 3-5 years old, because he can explain what his state of health is, and where the localization of pain is.
What to give the child from a headache? 6 reasons presented to your attention below, will play an important role in resolving this issue.
- Incorrect food. The use of a sausage at an early age by a young man, the sausage accumulates harmful carcinogens in his body, which (in addition to their toxicity) can narrow the blood vessels, which for the baby's body can have unfortunate consequences (in contrast to the adult body).
- Head injury. This is one of the main reasons for the occurrence of headaches in children. The consequence may be a concussion of the brain, causing severe pain in different parts of the brain. Here it is necessary to urgently address to the doctor!
- Neuralgic problems. If the baby often complains of a headache, the mother may suspect that the trigeminal nerve is damaged. An important indicator of this is a short and intense attack of pain.
- Migraine. It has already been proven that babies can also suffer from migraines. This disease is transmitted by inheritance, from ancestors to descendants. Attacks, as a rule, are manifested in the form of sharp, pulsating pain. Occasionally, nausea, vomiting, or even severe dizziness may occur.
- Vascular disorders. Some of the babies may suffer from hypertension, which arises due to the fact that the blood flow in the brain is disturbed. When the pressure changes dramatically, the vessels either widen or may become too narrow, which brings discomfort to the baby. Important: consultation of a neurologist or pediatrician is necessary.
- Problems of a psychological nature. All children are much more sensual and emotionally perceive all the reality that is happening to them. Because of this, they often experience emotional overload. Stress or depression for kids is very dangerous. It is necessary to teach the baby that he talks to his parents, share problems, talk about everything that happened to him during the day. If your mother feels that there is no positive dynamics, you need to seek help from a child psychologist or psychiatrist.
Form of issue of medicines depending on the age category: for the youngest
What to give the child from a headache? To ease your baby's headache and relieve the unpleasant symptoms associated with it, you can give him a drink of a medicine. But be sure to seek advice from a competent pediatrician! Only he is able to determine the cause and to prescribe the optimal treatment.
For infants and small children, rectal suppositories are more convenient. If the drug is administered in this way, it will quickly absorb into the blood, and the therapeutic effect will last for much longer.
What medicine to give a child a headache when he is not already babe? When the baby is growing up (preschool age), rectally, he may not want to take the medicine. To help come syrups and suspensions with different flavors. This will attract children, and they will be more likely to use this medicine.
Form of issue of drugs depending on the age category: for adolescents
What is better to give a child a headache? Older children and teenagers can be treated with capsules and tablets. They can drink them outside the house, independently.
The conclusion is simple: every form of medicine release has an advantage over others. A pediatrician is obliged to choose a medicine based on the child's age, the cause of the pain and the degree of pain.
It is important for parents to remember! The medicine should be given to the child only with a very severe headache. If the baby can suffer, it is better to just cheer him up or apply folk methods of treatment. One of the simplest options is a healthy, sound sleep.
Safe for baby's health preparations
How among such a multitude of drugs to figure out what to give the child from a headache? There are relatively safe drugs that are allowed to use children of all ages. The main thing - to observe the correct dosage and the interval between the medications. From the observance of these conditions depends the degree of safety for children and the intensity of the drug.
Preparations based on paracetamol. They can alleviate a child's headache, normalize body temperature, reduce fever. Form release - suspensions, suppositories, tablets and capsules, which makes it possible to apply "Paracetamol" as an anesthetic for babies from birth.
The drug is Ibuprofen. He, like the previous one, is the safest for the body of a youngster. As a rule, "Ibuprofen" itself and preparations containing it can be given to babies, starting from the age of 6 months old.
"Nimesulid." This drug doctors recommend to use only when the two previous pain is not quenched. When the drug is used for the first time, it is better to give the child half of this dose.
These are the main drugs that can help the baby's condition. But in no case should mother forget that self-medication can only do harm. The best way out is to consult a doctor.
Headache in toddlers. How to treat if the pain is frequent, but are migraines serious?
It is best, as mentioned above, to treat small children under the supervision of a specialist. If a child often has a headache or is suffering from migraines, the drugs that can help are as follows.
- Paracetamol (suspension or suppository). About it already mentioned a little higher. It remains to add something else. Apply should be based on 10 mg per 15 kg of body weight of the child. Yes, it is one of the safest drugs, but its side effect may be a violation of liver function.
- "Acetylsalicylic acid". It will help if the pain is not very strong. But you can not give her to children until two years of age.
- "Ibuprofen", "Naproxen" will come in handy if the mother tries to figure out what to give the child with a severe headache.
- "Ergatamin." It is not prescribed for children under 11 years old. There are contraindications, you need to read the instructions.
- "Sedalgin" (up to 12 years can not take) and other drugs, the active substance in which is phenacetin.
If the baby has frequent migraines, then.
Despite a wide choice of medicines, moms are experiencing that it is possible to give a child a headache? For those children who experience severe and often recurring migraines, doctors usually prescribe the following medicines:
- "Dihydroergotamine" in tablets or drops (minus in the side effect - vomiting and a possible allergic reaction).
- Beta-blockers. But they are contraindicated for those kids who have cardiovascular diseases.
How does your baby react to food?
So, what to give the child from a headache? If the cause of a child's painful sensations is a reaction to food, then to keep the migraine from repeating, you must follow a strict diet, excluding cocoa, chocolate, eggs, tomatoes, cheese from the baby's diet.
And of drugs usually prescribed antidepressants, massage; acupuncture; Physiotherapy, which is aimed at relaxing the muscles; non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs - "Aspirin" (not given to children under 12 years old), "Ibuprofen".