Pregnancy in 38 years: the opinion of doctors about the risks
The birth of a child is the next step, a new life that is full of happiness, joy and pleasant cares. But what if you did not have time, could not, did not meet the same person, did not allow the health or financial condition to give birth to the first, second or fifth coveted baby before? What if I am 38 years old? The opinion of doctors is ambiguous. We will weigh up the pros and cons.
Pregnancy and age
Pregnancy physiologically becomes possible in girls from the beginning of the arrival of the first menstruation - at the age of 11-13 years. Fortunately, today it is more a terrible exception than a rule - the time of early marriages and the absence of methods of contraception have passed.
Long before the final cessation of menstruation in women, fertility drops sharply. And with the onset of menopause, usually after 55 years, the ability to conceive is reduced to zero.
By the age of eighteen or twenty, the girl's reproductive system is fully ready for the bearing and birth of the child. But the lack of psychological readiness to become a mother keeps most of the future mothers from such a serious step. More than 80 percent of all pregnancies occurring at a young age are accidental and unplanned. Often this error leads the girls to an abortion, which inevitably affects the future reproductive function of the body. Those who decided to leave the child at 18-20 years old often experience complications of pregnancy associated with the instability of the hormonal background, an anatomically narrow pelvis, the immaturity of the muscular layer of the uterus.
Correct, according to doctors, the age for pregnancy and childbirth
The ideal age for the birth of the firstborn is 20-30 years. It is for this period that a large proportion of all planned pregnancies and births occur. The woman's body has not yet managed to acquire serious chronic diseases and is fully prepared for the continuation of the genus. Psychologically young mothers and dads are determined to have children, age crises have already been passed, and there are still many forces for nightly ups and moral overloads.
After 30-35 years, women usually give birth to a second or third child. But thanks to the achievements of medicine, it is increasingly possible at this age to become a pervious mother. After all, not everyone can get pregnant from the first time to 30 years. Career, financial instability, lack of a reliable partner and living space, problems in gynecology, incompatibility of spouses, chronic miscarriage, tubal ligation, difficulty in conceiving are all common problems that cause the first pregnancy in 38 years.
The opinion of doctors about conception at this age is uncertain. On the one hand, it is wonderful that today's medicine actively uses in vitro fertilization (IVF), it has a huge arsenal of means for stimulating pregnancy, maintaining it, the possibility of thorough intrauterine diagnosis of pathologies, timely and safe delivery, resuscitation and treatment of newborns. But we must not forget that with age, the risks of genetic disorders and malformations increase in a child, the woman's organism is more difficult to tolerate pregnancy, the birth is less natural and often traumatic. In addition, after 30 years, it is more difficult to physically cope with a newborn baby.
The first pregnancy in 38 years
The opinion of the doctors is debatable. Many argue that bearing a child at this age can adversely affect the health of the mother, cause pathology in the fetus and complicate the process of childbirth. But practice shows that careful preparation for conception, serious control of pregnancy and timely correction of possible complications help to bear and give birth to healthy and strong kids at any age.
The planned first pregnancy in 38 years is first of all the preparation of the organism. Often, it takes a lot of time to pass the tests and correct the violations, which is completely gone. By the age of 40, fertility is getting lower and problems with conception often arise.
How to conceive a child after 35
The first pregnancy in 38 years is a great success. The chances of getting pregnant naturally by the age of 40 have fallen dramatically. After all, the ability to conceive (fertility) is already significantly lower than that of a twenty-year-old girl. According to statistics, under condition of regular sexual contacts (at least three times a week), 70 percent of women become pregnant within a year.
How to help the body?
- Take vitamin complexes for pregnant women.
- Get enough sleep and rest at any free time.
- Drink plenty of pure water.
- Do not be nervous, get rid of stress.
- Eat a healthy and healthy food, cooked in the oven or a couple, do not overeat.
- Include in the diet beans, nuts, sour-milk products, eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Get rid of bad habits (smoking, alcohol, coffee drinks - all this has a bad effect on sperm motility and can interfere with the onset of ovulation).
- Lose weight if necessary, or get better. Lack of weight or its excess badly affect the possibility of conception and during pregnancy.
Repeated delivery in 38 years
If the family council decided that one child is not enough for you, you will have another pregnancy in 38 years. The opinion of doctors is this: the second and subsequent pregnancies after 30 pass much better than the first. The woman knows what is waiting for her, and the body has already passed all the stages during the gestation of the previous child. Therefore, neither the second nor the third pregnancy in 38 years should frighten future parents. The opinion of doctors should be considered only in case of serious health problems and high risks of complications for the mother and child.
Complications and risks
After thirty-five years, doctors warn about the possibility of the following complications:
- Genetic disorders (chromosomal pathology). The chances of violations in the chromosome set of the fetus increase. These errors can be excluded with a high probability, having passed qualitative screening examination at the 11-12th week of pregnancy.
- Miscarriage. This happens in women of any age. But in connection with the lack of hormones in women of old-age, such cases are much more common. This can be prevented if the doctor sees the problem on time and prescribes the appropriate medications ("Utrozhestan", "Dyufaston").
- Placenta previa. Incorrect placement of the placenta during pregnancy can lead to complications during childbirth or detachment during pregnancy. This condition requires special observation and may be an indication for caesarean section.
- Diabetes and gestosis. In connection with the excess weight and instability of blood pressure, gestational diabetes can develop. This complication sometimes forces doctors to resort to an emergency cesarean section to rule out chronic fetal hypoxia, nephropathy and stillbirth.
- Premature birth and lack of weight of the newborn. Very often the children of mothers after 35 are born before the term and, accordingly, have a small weight - about 2.5 kilograms. With proper care, these babies have a good prognosis for further life.
Of course, when a pregnancy occurs at 38 years old, the risks cannot be excluded. It is only possible to reduce their likelihood through careful preparation and observation by good specialists.
Pros of late pregnancy
What good, if there was a late pregnancy, childbirth? 38 years is a solid age, which has its advantages. So what are the benefits of late pregnancy?
- Stability. Most likely, your family has already reached the minimum of material wealth, which allows you to breathe calmly and not to think that tomorrow there is nothing to eat. Hence, and bother you will not be a career and an early exit to work, but only your own child.
- Confidence in the wife. Usually at this age all the passions of the young have already subsided and you and your husband are in a calm and kind relationship, which the pregnant woman and her child need so much.
- Rejuvenation of the body. Everyone knows that motherhood paints a woman, and the development of female hormones and collagen promotes smoothing of wrinkles, makes the eyes bright and glowing from the inside.
- Awareness. Only now, when you are not in a hurry and are on the border of understanding the meaning of life, you can fully give yourself to the baby and enjoy every day with it.
It's so positive to look at all women for pregnancy in 38 years. Pros and cons will find their own. But still, if you have already decided on this step, try to think about the good and do not be afraid.
What Do Doctors Advise?
There are several rules that can help prevent complications when a pregnancy is planned in 38 years. The opinion of doctors and their advice is as follows:
- To hand over all necessary analyzes: the analysis of urine, blood and other standard researches at prophylactic medical examination. Check the condition of chronic diseases and examine the genitals.
- Treat all possible diseases before pregnancy.
- During planning, start drinking special vitamins containing an increased dose of folic acid. This vitamin can reduce the risk of neural tube pathology.
- Get tested for sex hormones. Such a study allows you to know in advance or from the first weeks of pregnancy about the need to correct hormonal levels.
- Check the quality of the sperm. Not only a woman needs to prepare for pregnancy. The quality of the father's material can greatly affect the pathologies of fetal development. The regime of the day, the rejection of bad habits, adequate nutrition and an active way of life will improve the quality of the seed material.
- Adjust nutrition, monitor weight and get rid of bad habits. A healthy lifestyle can improve the condition of the body and facilitate the course of pregnancy.
- Do not use drugs and dietary supplements without consulting a doctor. For example, an excess of vitamins D and A increases the risk of anomalies in a child.
Pregnancy by indications
Sometimes it happens that doctors strongly recommend a woman over 30 in the near future to become a mother. List of main indications:
Such advice is given by doctors in vain. There are a number of studies that prove the healing effects of pregnancy and childbirth on cysts and myomas. Breastfeeding often leads to resorption of mastopathy. But even if the pregnancy can not improve the state of health, the sooner it comes, the less chance for a woman to remain childless due to chronic diseases.
If the first pregnancy at 38 years old came and went safely, the doctors' opinion will be as follows: there is another important and difficult stage ahead - childbirth.
It is necessary to carefully prepare for this important day. Courses, training breathing techniques and pain relief, literature, fitness for pregnant women - all this will help the future mother to feel more confident and control the process.
When pregnancy passes in 38 years, the opinion of doctors often sounds like this: a woman can not give birth herself. Then the "weak labor activity" is diagnosed and it is recommended to conduct a cesarean section. If the doctor recommends this method of delivery, do not panic or refuse surgery. Most likely, this is the safest way of your baby's appearance.
Pregnancy at 38 years: reviews
Many mothers say that the birth and pregnancy in 38 years (the opinion of doctors here is very different from the feelings of women) left only the best impressions about themselves. Often at this age, comprehension of one's position and readiness to become a mother makes a woman absolutely happy and peaceful, life again acquires meaning and is filled with joy.