Is pregnancy possible with HB
After giving birth, all women are fully focused on their baby. Washing, cleaning, caring for the baby, motion sickness and, in most cases, frequent breastfeeding are the daily concerns of the young mother. With all this, the stage of pregnancy is over, and you can still resume intimate life. There is an opinion that a woman cannot become pregnant while breastfeeding, but is this true? Why do gynecologists prescribe birth control pills anyway, although pregnancy with HB is impossible? Or is it possible? Worth to understand.
A woman completely absorbed in taking care of the crumbs may not even notice that she has become pregnant. 24/7 bustle does not allow you to concentrate on yourself and listen to your body at the very beginning of an “interesting position”. But in the end, the woman will guess her new condition very soon.
If the young mother already suspects that something is wrong in her body, then first of all you should watch yourself and analyze the situation. To assess whether there is a pregnancy with HB or is it a false alarm, you need to think and note whether there are any signs listed below.
Possible signs of pregnancy with HBV
- Lack of menstruation. If it does not occur in the first six months after childbirth, then you should take a pregnancy test or go to an appointment with a gynecologist. Excess check does not hurt.
- Soreness of mammary glands and nipples. With HB, most women know firsthand that breast swelling, redness and painful nipples and halos are associated with the start of breastfeeding, which is not fully developed. This is especially true for primipara women, as well as those who have flat or inverted nipples. While the baby develops a breast, time will pass. Therefore, pregnancy with HB is so easily overlooked.
- Reducing the quantity and quality of milk. With the onset of pregnancy, the woman's body begins a global restructuring. This also applies to the production of milk, which may decrease in quantity, and its taste may also change. The baby will certainly notice the changes and may well refuse to breast or start to eat poorly. Many adults think that a child is picky or shows his character, but the reason for his crying lies much deeper.
- Increased fatigue. In the first months, the young mother is especially hard to care for the baby. Constant lack of sleep and a rather active life often lead to the fact that a woman at the end of the day just falls down. Pregnancy and the formation of a new life inside the mother also takes a large number of forces. As a result, a woman will not immediately be able to guess what happened.
- The work of the uterus. Under the action of the hormone oxytocin, milk is removed from the glands. If the test shows two strips, the other hormone, progesterone, which helps relax the uterus, begins to stand out. There is some conflict, and if progesterone is not enough, then it is a threat of termination of pregnancy. Therefore, any manifestations of pain, you must necessarily speak to your doctor.
- Toxicosis. As with normal pregnancy, and with HB toxicosis can not be avoided. Frequent bouts of nausea give reason to think: maybe something is wrong in the body? In any case, it does not hurt to make a pregnancy test.
There are other signs of pregnancy with HB, namely: a change in taste preferences, drowsiness, back pain, a different perception of aromas, frequent urination, a change in basal temperature, mood.
Are you pregnant or not?
To date, the probability of pregnancy with HB is high enough. If a married couple leads an active sex life without being protected, then the possibility is very big. Breastfeeding is not a defense against unwanted conception. In addition, getting pregnant after a recent birth is quite dangerous, since the body has not yet had time to fully recover from the previous gestation. Moreover, doctors categorically do not recommend pregnant women who have had a cesarean section. The sucking of the filaments, the healing of the suture (both in the upper layer of the skin and in the internal tissues) occurs very slowly, so gynecologists talk about possible subsequent pregnancies only 3 years after delivery, not earlier. In addition, if the seam has not yet healed properly, it will not be able to withstand repeated carrying, and this already threatens with an abortion.
Who is the first to notice that soon there will be replenishment in the family?
Of course, baby. The change in the taste qualities of the milk secreted by the mother during pregnancy is immediately noticed by the baby. Children eat milk many times a day, so they quickly remember the taste of food consumed. Even if the mother eats something sour, spicy, salty, the child will certainly feel it through the milk. Possible crying or his bad mood is the result of not only colic, but also of a probable pregnancy, as the mother begins to restructure the body. Therefore, if the baby suddenly noticed a change in milk, expresses his displeasure, then these are the first signs of pregnancy with HB.
Continue to breastfeed or better not?
Many people ask: "Is it possible to continue HBV during pregnancy?". If, nevertheless, the “interesting position” of a woman is confirmed, then in any case, you should not deprive your child of milk
Of course, it may now be necessary to feed it with a mixture, because the milk produced is not enough, and the child simply does not eat enough. But in any case, he gets mother's milk, and this, as all experts say, is the best food for the baby.
Modern methods of determining pregnancy
In order to understand your position, there are several ways to determine pregnancy with HB:
- The easiest and most affordable option -do a pregnancy test. Sold in any pharmacy, is cheap, easy and understandable, therefore, make it easy. GV does not affect the result. If the level of hCG increased, it will immediately affect the test with two stripes.
- Go to an appointment with a gynecologist. As with previous pregnancies, an increase in the size of the uterus will say that soon you will need to buy another crib.
- Ultrasound. When breastfeeding it is not prohibited, so the study can be done safely at any time. It will immediately show whether there is a pregnancy or not.
- Analysis of urine. Blood donation for the hormone hCG (chorionic gonadotropin) is a relatively accurate option, because it only begins to rise 7-10 days after conception. In any case, it will never hurt to pass a general blood test, because if a pregnancy is detected, then when registering it will still have to pass it.
- Blood test. But this is a more accurate and fast result. In the blood, the level of hCG is higher than in the urine; therefore, testing for blood is one of the best solutions to learn about replenishment as soon as possible.
Lack of periods is not a reason to relax.
Many say that pregnancy with HB without menstruation is impossible, but is it? In fact, before the arrival of the first menstrual period, ovulation first occurs. If at this moment there is an intimate affinity with her husband, then conception is just around the corner. If fertilization has not occurred, then menstruation comes. But this does not mean that there was no chance to have a second or subsequent child.
When the chance to get pregnant is higher. Reason number 1
There are times when an unplanned pregnancy may occur during HB with a high degree of probability. The first thing you need to pay attention to is the frequency of feeding the baby. If a baby drinks 150-180 ml of milk 5-6 times a day, then the chance is much higher than when breastfeeding servings would be smaller, but the attachments themselves would be more frequent. In addition, if the crumb is not fed up, then more frequent attachment to the chest will solve this problem.
Reason number 2
Secondly, early replenishment in the family depends on how old a boy or girl is. After 4 months, they usually begin to administer supplements (vegetable puree, porridge), gradually replacing 1-2 feedings per day. By 6 months, when fruit purees are added to the diet, and the menu becomes more diverse, the risk of unplanned pregnancy begins to increase. After 7-8 months, mashed meat is added to the baby’s nutrition. After this point, many women leave to feed, because the child has almost completely switched to adult food, or reduce attachment to the breast to a minimum. In this case, you can easily get pregnant.
Reason number 3
Feeding a child by the hour is a common reason why many give birth to a little sister or brother. Feeding on demand will be more correct with HB. In addition, all children are different, and a break of 3-4 hours at one time of day may seem long for a baby, and at another - fast. It is better to apply to the breast of the child when he wants. But it is worth remembering that the minimum time between feedings is 2 hours. This rule should be followed in order not to disrupt the digestive enzyme systems.
Protection - mother care
If pregnancy with HB is undesirable, then it is worth talking about protection. Carrying a child a few months after giving birth or having an abortion are not the best actions that will undermine the health of a young mother. To protect yourself, you need to think about contraception in advance. The most famous methods of contraception today with HB:
- Condoms. Convenient, affordable, simple. However, according to experts, they do not give an absolute guarantee against unwanted pregnancy. But the benefits they bring are not to be denied.
- Intrauterine device. About it you can say: set and forget. Already in the eighth week after birth, its installation is permissible. In addition, the cervix is still soft, so inserting it will not be very inconvenient. Protection is very high.
- Birth control pills. Oral contraceptives are another good way to prevent pregnancy. They create mucus, due to which the passage of sperm through the cervix becomes difficult. If after all they were able to break through this barrier. and fertilization has occurred, the resulting embryo will not be able to attach to the wall of the uterus and begin to grow, because the endometrium of the uterus is changed.
All methods of protection, their purpose, duration of admission and the necessary withdrawal of the drug should be decided only by the attending physician. Any independent actions can harm the health of women.
Women during pregnancy are accustomed to constantly visit the gynecological office. But after childbirth, everything changed, and on two or three examinations and testing, everything ends. This is wrong, because it takes time to restore a woman after childbirth with HB. So, the observation should be longer. Regular visit to the gynecologist (at least once a month) will relieve new problems, including helping to identify the beginning of pregnancy in the early stages. Therefore, to decide on further action and maintain the health of the mother.
It is worth remembering: the widespread opinion that it is impossible to conceive during breastfeeding is erroneous, and this has long been proven by relevant experts. HBG and new pregnancy may exist together, but how this will affect the health of the mother is a big question.
There are girls who want to have children of the moment, and therefore they are specially trying to settle a new life in themselves. But how did the new pregnancy affect GW? All different. The female body of each individual, and you should not try on a successful pregnancy or a tragic abortion. In any case, the birth of a new life is always happiness, regardless of life principles and circumstances. Any decision made for a woman will be correct, because everyone himself is subsequently responsible for his actions.