Wax is a universal remedy that can be used for domestic purposes. In particular, it was beeswax in ancient times that served as the basis for creating tools for drawing. Despite the amazing history, the wax pencil did not sink into oblivion. On the contrary, this tool is only gaining popularity because of its environmental friendliness and safety.
In the period of antiquity, wax pencils, performed by Greeks, were sung by Plinyus, the great Roman writer. Such pictures were distinguished by their epic, rich and colorful. In addition, the wax was at that time an easily accessible material, so portrait painters with the help of wax pencils made a huge contribution to the development of fine art.
What are the advantages of wax pencils?
Wax pencils for painting have significant advantages over their counterparts.
- First, the composition does not include synthetic chemicals: wax acts as the basis, coloring elements are natural dyes. Thus, pencils made from wax are completely safe to use, are not toxic, do not have a sharp odor.
- Secondly, wax pencils can be used by the youngest children. To do this, leading manufacturers have invented a wax pencil in the form of a triangle. This allows even a one-year-old child to hold the instrument tightly in his hand. Large dimensions prevent swallowing of the pencil.
- Thirdly, wax pencils do not require additional sharpening. Drawings with wax pencils can be performed both by the sharpened rod itself and by the sides of the accessory. To do this, remove the protective paper layer. This makes its consumption minimal.
- Fourth, the wax leaves no greasy spots on the surface of the canvas, does not stain your hands. The child will be able to use the remedy even without the supervision of adults. It is advantageous to distinguish pencils from markers and paints.
- Fifth, wax pencils can be sent for recycling. To do this, it is sufficient to place its residues in a heat-resistant container, then melt in a microwave oven or oven. At the last stage, you should cool the wax in a rectangular shape.
- Sixth, unlike ancient times, wax pencils are used not only as a tool for fine art. On the contrary, thanks to the amazing versatility of wax, the accessory has found its application in the furniture, automotive and construction industries.
- Seventh, the cost of wax pencils is quite democratic. You can buy a set of colored rods at a price not exceeding 100 rubles.
Second Life Laminate
Very often laminate with mechanical influences crack, there are scratches. This can lead to deformation of the floor, the appearance of fungus, mold and rot. Eliminate this problem is very simple - it is enough to restore the laminate with a wax pencil. Thanks to the use of this tool, it is possible to hide small scratches and chips on the floor surface. Wax pencil for laminate should be used on a previously cleaned and dried surface.
If the scratch is small, then to solve it, it is enough to hold the problem zone once. In the case of deeper lesions of the wood canvas, the scratch should be filled until it is completely eliminated. After this, wait until the wax is completely dry. Then it is recommended to thoroughly polish the surface of the problem zone with a small piece of rag. This ensures the elimination of scratches, as well as the reproduction of natural wax.
Restoration of furniture is not a problem!
Wax pencil for furniture will become an "ambulance" in case if the wood has chips or scratches. Thanks to wax, painted with natural substances, it is possible to completely eliminate the problem zone on furniture, giving it a pristine appearance. Thanks to active substances, the wax pencil helps to improve the coloring of furniture, gives it shine. In addition, the wax protects wooden surfaces from water, prevents the development of corrosion and the appearance of rot.
Wax pencil for furniture is easy to use. To eliminate scratches and chips, it is enough to hold the tool on them several times, then grind the ragged surface. An additional protective layer is not required.
Wax pencil for car
Very often there are situations when ordinary polishing can not eliminate scratches and cracks on the car body. In this case, the best option is a wax pencil. Thanks to the wax, it is possible to hide even the deepest cracks and scratches that have reached the paint layer.
Pencils in the modern market are presented in all sorts of color shades. That's why buyers can choose the option in exact accordance with the color of the car. Wax is applied to the scratch with a convenient brush located on the end of the pencil. This form of the accessory allows you to economize the product, since the layer is applied very smoothly, filling the microcracks.
How is the wax applied to the car?
It should be remembered that a wax-based pencil is used only on completely cleaned surfaces. First you have to degrease the car body. For this, alcohol-containing substances can be used. After this perpendicular scratch or cleavage, you need to make a few strokes with a pencil. In this case, even the smallest cracks should be filled.
In the second stage, it is necessary to sand the surface. To do this, the dried wax should be thoroughly rubbed with a rag or woolen cloth. So eliminated excess wax, the substance acquires a tint identical to the tone of the body of the car.
Wax pencil is a universal tool in everyday life. Low cost of the accessory, numerous functionalities, different color performance, environmental friendliness and safety have made this tool one of the most popular on the market.