Vitamins for cats from hair loss: reviews
One of the most common problems, due to which the owners of cats address veterinarians, is the loss of hair. This may be due not only to improper care of the pet or seasonal molt. Most often, such problems arise from malnutrition and a lack of essential trace elements. In this case, the veterinarian advises special vitamins for cats from hair loss. Do not try to choose them yourself, because the need for this or that element depends on the health of the pet, the causes of hair loss and the feeding characteristics of the animal.
What vitamins are needed for cats?
From the hair loss there are special vitamin complexes, but you can give the pet some drugs or products. You just need to know what elements the cat needs. There are no special "cat's" vitamins. Animals need the same trace elements as humans. But there are certain features. For example, in vitamin C, cats do not need extra, since their body produces it in sufficient quantities. What vitamins are important for the health of the pet:
- Vitamin A is necessary for normal vision, for the growth of the kitten and maintaining the health of the skin and coat;
- Of the vitamins of group B for cats, thiamine (for the health of the nervous system), riboflavin (to maintain the normal state of the skin and coat), pantothenic acid (against hair loss) is especially needed;
- Vitamin E is very important for the normal development of a young animal, as well as for regulating the exchange of sulfur in the skin.
Why a pet suffers from a lack of vitamins
Most often with such a problem faced by the owners who feed the cat home food.It is very difficult to choose such a diet that the animal receives all the necessary trace elements and vitamins. A cat should regularly give not only meat and fish, but also dairy products, vegetables and greens. Contraindicated pet fatty, salted and fried foods, sausages, smoked products, pastries and sweets. To ensure that the cat does not have health problems, it is better with the help of a veterinarian to pick up a high-quality ready-made food that contains all the necessary trace elements. But even in this case, sometimes you will have to give extra vitamins for cats from hair loss. After the moult, the animal needs additional microelements. But cats that feed on ready-made food, these drugs should be given in a reduced dose.
Why do cats have hair?
According to the results of the appeal of the owners of furry pets to the veterinarian, there are two main causes of alopecia:
1. If the cat normally eats, cheerful and playful, her nose is wet and her eyes shine, then her hair falls out due to seasonal molting. This occurs twice a year and usually lasts 2-3 months. To speed up this process, you can regularly comb out the animal and give special vitamins for cats from hair loss.
2. Often pet owners turn to the veterinarian with complaints that the cat itches, is in a depressed mood, and the wool falls out in shreds. The cause of this can be both parasitic diseases, and the banal lack of vitamins and trace elements in the pet's body. After examining the animal and learning about the peculiarities of its diet, the doctor will advise what vitamins to give to the cat. When hair falls out, there are special tablets with a pleasant taste for the pet.
What does a cat need for a healthy coat?
- B vitamins must be given to pets for problems with the coat. From their lack develop weakness or nervousness of the animal, various dermatitis, dims and wool falls out. Vitamins B2 and B5 are especially important.
- Biotin is very important for maintaining the health of the skin and coat of cats. It regulates metabolic processes, helps in the regeneration of tissues, makes the wool healthy and shiny.
- Sulfur is needed for cats to make their hair glisten. Adding it to the ration of the animal speeds up growth, prevents the appearance of dandruff and improves metabolism.
- A lack of calcium can also cause dull hair and its loss. Therefore, during the moult this element must be given to the animal additionally.
- Zinc, especially in combination with fatty acids, is also added to complex vitamins against hair loss in cats. It improves the quality of the coat and protects against skin diseases.
Vitamins for cats from hair loss
The owners' testimonies indicate that such preparations should be selected strictly individually, depending on the health of the pet, its habits and the causes of baldness. The veterinary industry is now doing a lot of vitamin complexes designed to combat this problem. They are available in the form of tablets and drops. Many owners of cats do not respond very well about the tablet form of vitamins. Not every animal is able to swallow a pill, even if it is made in the form of a treat with a pleasant taste and an attractive scent. Therefore, vitamins for cats from falling out of wool in drops are more popular. They are convenient to add to food, and the owner of the animal will be sure that his pet has received all the necessary elements.
What kind of drugs can I give to a cat?
The veterinarian himself appoints vitamins to the cat, depending on the cause of hair loss. Basically, these are tablets containing brewer's yeast, iodine, zinc, sulfur, laminaria extract, biotin and B vitamins.Now on sale there is a large number of different vitamin complexes for cats, which not only improve the condition of the coat of the pet, but will also have a beneficial effect on the general state of his health. They are available in the form of hearts, mice or sticks, they are attractive for cats taste and most animals really like. The most popular among the owners of animals are Beafar, Felway, Polidex or Olia. There are also Russian-made preparations, for example "ZooMir super wool" or "Sherstevit".
Replenishment of vitamins
In order for a pet not to lack microelements, it is necessary to add brewer's yeast, sea kale, liver and egg yolk to the diet before the molt and during it.During the year it is desirable to grow a special greens for cats, especially useful oats sprouts containing all the vitamins and trace elements necessary for healthy wool. Owners of furry pets respond positively to such grass. After all, most cats love her very much.