New Year's Eve in the younger group
Holidays in kindergarten have been and remain desirable for both children and parents. Particularly exciting is the first matinee - the New Year. In the younger group, this is all the more responsible, since the kids are not yet familiar with such large-scale events. How to spend this holiday, so that he remained in the memory for a long time, this article will tell.
Probably everyone loved New Year parties in the kindergarten. The younger group, visited by children from a year and a half, needs special preparation for this event. This circumstance is due to the fact that most pupils of the kindergarten are still unfamiliar with various fairy-tale characters, and children can simply be frightened of Snow Maiden or Snowman, as a result of which the holiday will be spoiled.
In order to avoid this, it is necessary to start preparation in advance (ideally in ten days). Guys should be the direct participants of this fascinating process.
So, which options to choose?
- Advent calendar. This term has long and firmly entered our life. It is designed to show the remaining time before the holiday, but at the same time it is also an excellent developing platform for kids. In the kindergarten, it can be a Christmas tree, decorated with magic balls, inside which are the tasks for today for the whole group.
- Acquaintance with New Year's characters. This communication should be one-way, so that children are waiting for a miracle. Of course, this miracle will be New Year's morning. In the younger group, you can leave in the visible place any material for the game, brought by a fairy-tale hero. For example, the Snowman brought the cotton wool to the guys so that they would get to know her properties, think what she looked like, and even made hand-made articles.
- Music. Teachers conduct classes with playing and singing winter and New Year songs, so that the pupils at the matinee were comfortable. After all, everyone knows that a small child in an unfamiliar environment is lost or experiencing discomfort.
- Literature. Together with the teachers, the children get acquainted with literary works, riddles, verses.
- Observation. This technique should be used for walking, studying the properties of snow (melting, falling out, looking at snowflakes, etc.).
So, the preparation is in full swing. Children are very keen on the process of studying the winter holiday season. And educators and methodologists at this time are preparing a script for the New Year party in the younger group.
It should be written down to the slightest detail, including the so-called storyboard. For example, "Snowflake (Masha I.) and a rabbit (Mitya K.) read poetry, holding hands."
From a methodological point of view, this list of actions is fundamental. It prescribes the goals and objectives of the event, its material and technical support and the course of action. The script of the New Year performance in the younger group should always be at the teacher's fingertips to correct the event or give a hint to the toddler who has forgotten the words.
Form of conduct
In fact, for babies there is no great variety in terms of forms of holding. New Year's morning in the younger group is usually based on Russian fairy tales. Sometimes they practice a mixed form, where the unforgettable Santa Claus and Snow Maiden remain the participants of the holiday, and the heroes of modern cartoons act as their friends (Smeshariki, for example). But graduated teachers and psychologists do not recommend carrying out an event in this form.
Mandatory characters should be the heroes of old Russian fairy tales, with which the children are already familiar (wolf, fox, colobok).
At the beginning of the holiday children are its active participants. They lead a dance, read poetry, meet Santa Claus. Then pupils become spectators of the presentation, which is arranged for them by teachers. Of course, for the preservation of cognitive activity, children need to be involved in the play itself, make it interactive, and live.
In the era of easily accessible e-books and the Internet, it is not difficult to come up with a thematic focus of the event. An interesting New Year's party in the younger group can have the following name:
- "Fairy Snowflakes". It proposes to beat the tale "Masha and the Bear", but instead of a girl in the house to the bear got Snow Maiden. And without it, there can be no holiday. While the Snow Maiden comes up with how to escape from the bear, her friends-snowflakes and Father Frost himself are going to search for her.
- "The Christmas tree is a sharp needle." To match the name, the whole action should take place near the tree. She will be a full-fledged character. Important is the performance of songs about this fabulous tree.
- "New Year's phone." The main action is based on calls from any characters who want to get to the children's holiday and congratulate them (Snow Maiden, Santa Claus, the animal is a symbol of the coming year).
For young children, visual aspects of decorating a festive hall are very important. They should understand that it was not in vain that they waited so long and prepared for this event. New Year's party in the first junior group should take place under bright lighting (this can be an abundance of light bulbs, garlands, etc.). A must-have element is a tinsel, beautifully hung on the walls, decorating pieces of furniture and, of course, a Christmas tree. But again, do not be too zealous and crowd the space with unnecessary elements, otherwise they will distract the children's attention from the presentation.
New Year's party in the second junior group, in addition to the above, should be decorated with the work of children, which they did specifically for the holiday (appliqués, Christmas decorations, drawings for winter themes). Children should know and understand that all this is their gifts for Santa Claus.
Songs and melodic compositions should be thought out in advance. Children need to get acquainted with them even at music lessons. Since the New Year's morning is held in the younger group, it is not necessary to require the children to memorize the entire song by heart. If it is in their power, you can learn only the refrain.
Here are the main children's songs that are suitable for this event:
If everything is clear with classical songs, then it is worth paying attention to contemporary creativity. For example, in the animated series "Masha and the Bear" several good compositions are used ("Traces", "New Year's song").
Excellent musical works on the poems of Andrei Usachev.
Typically, holiday scenarios are original works, i.e. the teacher or the methodologist independently compose the entire text. It is very important that he was in verse form, as it will be more interesting and easier for kids to perceive information.
But the winter poems of the classics should definitely be included in New Year's morning performances in the kindergarten. The younger group is probably already familiar with the poems of S. Marshak (December, January), N. Nekrasov (Snowball), A. Usachev ("Father Frost sent us a Christmas tree", "Where does the New Year come from?").
Using these and other recommendations, you can make an unforgettable matinee in the kindergarten!