Pelvic presentation of the fetus at week 21: causes, exercises, photo
Throughout the pregnancy the child moves and turns over. Many women are frightened by pelvic presentation at week 21. Starting from this period, the fetus assumes the initial position. It is considered correct to place the child head down, this position provides a safe and natural way out during labor. Since the largest part of the body is the head, then after it has passed through the birth canals, the shoulders, trunk and legs come out freely.
Each woman's pregnancy proceeds in different ways, and not in all cases the child takes the right position. Often there is a pelvic presentation of the fetus at week 21. The ultrasound picture shows that the baby has fixed the position with the head up. By results of ultrasonic inspection doctors enter this diagnosis in the book. But do not despair. Even if the fetus did not change the situation at the 30th week, there are methods that allow to correct the situation.
How to identify
Identify pelvic presentation of the fetus at 21 weeks of pregnancy is no difficulty. Guided by the signs, the doctor easily establishes a diagnosis, which in most cases is considered reliable. There are several methods by which the doctor determines the position of the fetus in the womb.
- External research. With this examination, a specialist feels the woman's belly, determining the position of the baby.
- Listening to the heartbeat. Determine the pelvic presentation of the fetus at week 21, applying a hearing aid to the abdomen. If the heartbeat is above the navel, the diagnosis is confirmed.
- Vaginal examination. With pelvic presentation, the doctor can feel the baby's legs and buttocks.
- Confirm false presentation can be with ultrasound examination. On the screen of the ultrasound machine, even the future mother will be able to see in what position the baby is.
Independently without ultrasound examination it is difficult to determine the presentation. In addition, visually a woman may not guess that the baby took the position head up. Sometimes there are cases when ultrasound is diagnosed with a headache, and the child turns over after a few days. And this fact the woman does not even feel, therefore, before the birth of a pregnant woman with such a diagnosis, you need to conduct an additional ultrasound examination. This presentation is dangerous both for the child and for the future mother. Therefore, the pelvic presentation of the fetus is determined at week 21. Photo ultrasound confirms the diagnosis, and doctors decide how to give the baby the right position.
When a doctor diagnoses pelvic presentation, pregnant women are interested in the question of why it happened, whether it is a pathology and whether it is possible to tolerate and give birth to a child. Many women are diagnosed with pelvic fetal presentation at week 21. The causes of this phenomenon in the future become a serious problem for the future mother and her baby, as well as for doctors who will take delivery. Do not despair, because this issue is easily solved. Women give birth to babies with pelvic presentation as well as children with a headache. But still, when the baby takes a position head down, this entails some consequences.
How dangerous is the pelvic presentation of the fetus at week 21? Because of what it arises? Let's look at the main reasons:
- If a pregnant woman has hydramnios, then in such conditions the child leads a more mobile way of life, so in the period from 21 to 38 weeks of pregnancy, he can take the wrong position - head up.
- In malnutrition, the baby, on the contrary, is limited in movement. Because of this, he takes a pelvic position, since he can not turn over before giving birth.
- In multiple pregnancies, the pelvic presentation is often diagnosed at week 21. On the last terms the kids become cramped, and to occupy a comfortable position, one of them turns over.
- Pelvic presentation is also observed with a decrease in the tone of the uterus. This phenomenon can be caused by the presence of inflammatory processes. In addition, there is often a change in the tone of the uterus with multiple pregnancies, miscarriages and abortions.
- Uterine fibroids and umbilical cord entanglement also affect the position of the baby in the womb.
There are many reasons for the occurrence of pelvic presentation, and this is not always related to the health problems of the pregnant woman. To the baby took the right position, on the recommendation of the doctor, you can perform exercises that stimulate a coup.
If you have a pelvic fetal presentation diagnosed at week 21, perform special exercises so that the child will adopt a head position. Before a woman starts to perform gymnastics, it is necessary to get permission from a doctor. Exercises have a number of contraindications, so do not try to do them without the doctor's consent.
Position on the side
The pregnant woman lies on the couch, on the side in which the head of the fruit is turned. As a rule, it rests on the right hypochondrium, but there are other cases. The surface of the sofa should have a flat base. Having adopted the position on the side, the woman should lie for 3 to 10 minutes. After that, you need to turn on the other side and lie down for the same period of time. Repeat exercise is recommended two to three times a day. To go to bed in the afternoon, and also for the night doctors advise on that side in which the head of the child rests.
The woman lies on her back, while the pelvis should be raised 20-30 cm above the head. For this, under the waist, you can put a pillow or create a slope with an ironing board, which you can put with emphasis on the sofa and the floor. Under the slope, the child begins to rest with the head in the wall of the uterus. This situation becomes uncomfortable, and the fetus gradually begins to unfold from the pelvic position to the head. Doctors recommend performing such actions twice a day on an empty stomach.
If you were diagnosed with a pelvic frontal presentation at week 21, exercise of this type helps the baby to turn over in 75% of cases.
Contraindications to exercises
- Scars on the uterus after surgery by cesarean section.
- Diagnosis of placenta previa, low fixation and proximity to genital ways.
- Toxicosis in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy.
- Tumor of the uterus.
Pelvic presentation - is this normal? Is there a risk of complications?
Many pregnant women are tormented by the question: "Pelvic presentation of the fetus at week 21 is normal?" At this time, the baby weighs about 300 grams, and its height is about 25 cm. If the doctor made such a diagnosis at the 21 week gestation period, this is normal, and do not despair, because the baby can still turn. Remained exactly half the time until the onset of childbirth, and doing special exercises for pregnant women, as well as performing exercises to turn the child into a head position, you can change the situation.
However, at 34-37 weeks, if the baby has not taken a headache, the doctor can prescribe an external turn in the absence of contraindications. In obstetric practice, especially marked 21 weeks of pregnancy. Pelvic presentation of the fetus is not a sentence, but the opportunity, with the help of gymnastics and special exercises, to reduce the risks of the onset of premature and complicated births. If the baby has not turned over before the 38th week, the woman will be given a referral for a caesarean section.
What types of pelvic presentation?
- Gluteal. The child rests against the buttocks in the small pelvis, the legs are stretched along the trunk or bent in the hip joints. This situation occurs in 67% of pregnant women with a diagnosis of pelvic presentation. And with a mixed buttock - in 20%.
- Foot. The legs can be bent in the knee and hip joints with full preposition. With a partial one leg is higher, the other - below.
- The knee. In this case, the leg views are bent at the knee joint, this situation occurs in 13% of pregnant women.
Pelvic presentation of the fetus at week 21: reviews of pregnancy and childbirth
Many women after the diagnosis still prefer to give birth alone, because they believe that the cesarean section can be performed at any time. Many pregnant women with a diagnosis of pelvic presentation and umbilical cord accent note that they gave birth to a child on their own. The baby's body was so long that he could not turn over on his own. The birth was successful, and for the exit of the head, an incision was made in the perineum.
What is dangerous for the pelvic presentation of the fetus at week 21? Who had such a course of pregnancy, leave feedback that they did not want to hurt either the birth canal or the baby, so they preferred to perform a cesarean section.
To vaginal delivery with the child's head up there are contraindications:
- placenta previa;
- narrow pelvis;
- fruit weighing more than 3.5 kg;
- child male;
- a scar on the uterus.
In other cases, a woman can give birth on her own. All these factors should be analyzed by the doctor. With this diagnosis, women are placed in the antenatal clinic in advance. Already on the site choose the method of delivery and the plan for the forthcoming birth.