Tips: what to do if a child is bitten by a wasp
Sweet pears, peaches, plums attract not only children, they are loved by wasps and bees. Sometimes they get to these fruits first and, having got inside, they taste sweet pulp there. Therefore in the summer, wasps and bees pose a danger not only when curling around you, but also when you eat fruit or other sweets, especially on the street.
For some, it can be fraught with only short-term pain, a small swelling and reddening of the bite site, which will come to naught in a few hours. For others - the occurrence of an allergic reaction, extensive and severe. It will manifest as the appearance of a rash on the body, itching, shortness of breath, dizziness and even loss of consciousness. There is a so-called anaphylactic shock. True, increased sensitivity to aspen poison is not very common.
The child was bitten by a wasp: first aid
What to do if a child was bitten by a wasp? Do not panic at all, but try to help. To relieve the pain from the bite of a wasp, first of all it is necessary to disinfect the place of the bite and apply something cold, for example, a piece of ice or a wet napkin to it. Then give the child hot tea and a pill of allergy, for example, Suprastin, Diazolin, Claritin or Cetirizine. If the bite site is very itchy, you can use special ointments such as "Psilo-balsam", "Irikara".
What to do if a child has been bitten by a wasp in the mouth or tongue? This is very dangerous if the child is allergic. Swelling of the larynx can lead to suffocation. It is necessary to give a pill immediately from allergies and call a doctor, perhaps a doctor will recommend injections or tell you which antiallergenic drugs to take. Before the doctor comes, you should rinse your throat with cool water.
What to do if a child was bitten by a wasp on a picnic? On a picnic, a plantain leaf, a parsley root, a slice of onion or cucumber, which you need to attach to the bitten place, will help you. You can lubricate the itchy place with dandelion juice or mint leaves, or you can attach a bandage with garlic or onion gruel, raw mashed potatoes.
If a child has bitten in the eye wasp, then there is nothing particularly terrible in this. You need to act in the same way as in the previous cases. And most likely, it is necessary to resemble a couple of days with a swollen eye, until the swelling subsides.
It happens that the reaction to the bite of the wasp manifests itself not immediately. Therefore, if your child has been first-borne senile, you should consult a doctor to insure against anaphylactic shock. Finally, if a child has bitten a lot of wasps, you need to call an ambulance immediately.
Most often, wasps or bees can bite you in nature, when you go on a picnic, to a village, to a dacha.In order not to attract their attention, do not wear bright clothes and use toilet water with a sweet or floral smell. Long hair is best collected in the tail or hidden under the headdress.
On a picnic, you should try to eat less sweets, do not leave food and drinks open, wash your lips and hands after eating, especially for children.
If a bee or a bee nevertheless flew to you, do not brush it away or try to kill it, it's better to step aside. You can use insect repellent.
By following all of these tips, you are more likely to avoid the need to look for the answer to the question: what to do if a wasp is bitten by a child?