Shugaring during pregnancy: a description of the procedure, features of the procedure and contraindications
At all times, girls and women sought beauty and grooming. One of its elements has always been considered a smooth, silky skin, therefore on the market of cosmetology services there are periodically new methods of removing unwanted vegetation on the face and body.
Pregnancy and depilation
Pregnancy is a great time for every woman, but even during this period she wants to look good. Every future mother is wondering what can be done and what is not during the child's bearing. Will not this or that procedure cause harm to her baby? Let's try together to find the answer.
Favorable periods for depilation
All the course of pregnancy can be divided into several trimesters. In the first period, the embryo is fixed, so it is better to refuse depilation at this time. Painful sensations can provoke contraction of the uterus, which can lead to miscarriage.
Second trimester - the time is more calm. The child is entrenched and continues its development and formation. The body of a woman increases the amount of the hormone estrogen and progesterone, which contribute to a decrease in sensitivity. During this period, you can start to make depilation.
The third trimester is also very suitable for the procedure for removing unwanted vegetation, but the level of hormones is increased, and this can lead to increased skin pigmentation.
Shugaring and pregnancy
Bearing a child is a difficult and sometimes unpredictable time. During this period, as we have already said, there is an increase in the level of hormones in the blood, which can lead to active hair growth. Sometimes they begin to grow in places where there was only a light fuzz (for example, in the navel area). Sooner or later there comes a time when it is already difficult to cope with the removal of unwanted vegetation on its own. In this situation, even girls who previously did without this procedure, begin to think about visiting a professional master.
Shugaring during pregnancy is the most preferred way to get rid of unnecessary vegetation.
Pros of the procedure
This procedure has indisputable advantages:
- Suitable for any skin type, even for the most sensitive. The composition of pastes includes only natural ingredients.
- Sugar paste does not cause allergies.
- Shugaring during pregnancy does not cause strong pain.
- Can not cause a burn. The paste heats up only to room temperature, which, by the way, helps to reduce pain from the procedure.
- Does not provoke ingrown hairs.
- Does not cause skin irritation. After the depilation session, the skin remains smooth and clean, without red spots and inflammations, as the sugar paste has an additional disinfecting effect.
Shugaring during pregnancy has another huge plus. During the carrying of the child, the load on all organs and vessels of the body increases, and very often the woman begins to suffer from varicose veins. This disease is a contraindication for some types of depilation (for example, waxing), however, shugaring remains an accessible method. The temperature of the composition is low, and after application to the skin it cools rapidly.
What is shugaring?
This method is a hair removal with sugar paste. The procedure allows you to get rid of unnecessary vegetation for up to one month.
Shugaring during pregnancy does require preparation of the skin. It will not be difficult and does not take much time. For a day or two before the session, use a scrub. This will remove the keratinized skin and release the existing ingrown hairs.
Hair removal with sugar paste does not take much time:
- The first step is skin degreasing, which is done using specialized lotions.
- After that, the skin is applied sugar paste, warmed to room temperature.
- Removal of the composition. It can be carried out in two ways: with hands or with special strips.
- The final stage of depilation is applying a composition that will remove irritation and soothe the skin.
Shugaring during pregnancy can have its own characteristics. When choosing a lotion, the wizard will be preferred by one that is less likely to cause an allergy or skin irritation. The hair removal procedure itself will be carried out with special care and caution.
General contraindications to the performance of the slouching
As with any procedure, here too there are contraindications:
- Skin diseases of various degrees.
- Infectious diseases (eg, herpes).
- Lactation period (lactation).
- Hypersensitivity to the skin.
Shugaring bikini during pregnancy
The bikini zone is the most sought-after area for treatment in pregnant women. It's all because of the inaccessibility of places, because in late terms, self-depilation becomes quite a complicated procedure.
But, despite the safety of the described method, it is better to find out whether shugaring during pregnancy or not is better with the attending physician. If he confirms that the health of the future baby is not threatened, then go to the procedure safely.
Be prepared, that in a salon you too can wait for some difficulties, especially if you address to this master for the first time.
With those who did the procedure before pregnancy, the masters will work more willingly, because what the procedure is, they already know the level of soreness they represent. And the master knows you, your skin and can avoid possible unpleasant situations. But do not forget to warn a specialist about your situation before the session, because he must be as careful and cautious as possible.
With those who do everything for the first time, it is more difficult. Not every master will dare to do an inexperienced client of shugaring during pregnancy. After all, this is a great responsibility. Especially if you are applying at the initial terms. Some large salons even take written consent from their visitors for the procedure. If you decide to make a shugaring bikini during pregnancy, it will be especially responsible for the master, because this zone is the most sensitive. When there is discomfort or too active movements of the baby, it is better to interrupt the session.
Is it possible to do shugaring during pregnancy?
And still, if several conditions are met, you can not worry and go boldly to the procedure.
- You have previously visited the attending physician, and he confirmed that the pregnancy progresses without complications, and the procedure will not harm you.
- You already did shugaring before pregnancy.
- You have few days left before delivery and your visit is preparation for the birth process. In this case, even with the onset of premature birth, nothing terrible will happen, because the baby is already formed and there are very few before his birth.
Studies of doctors
Numerous studies and surveys of doctors confirm that carrying out depilation during pregnancy will not harm the future child, and in some cases may even be useful. This is due to the improvement in the emotional background of the mother, because during pregnancy the hormonal background is unstable, and the mood often changes. Therefore, a visit to the cosmetology room can have a positive effect and both will raise the mood of the girl herself, and will positively affect her future baby.
Thus, in the very procedure of hair removal during the period of bearing a child, there is nothing terrible, and shugaring is the most effective and harmless way.