Curtains for gazebo: types, advantages and disadvantages
Having a plot of land, everyone tries to equip a place on the street in order to gather there with the whole family, meet guests or just relax. The best option is a gazebo. There are species of it that are designed only for the summer period or for use all year round. In any case, doing its design, you will need to make every effort to create in it an atmosphere of peace and tranquility. Not the least role in this play the curtains for the gazebo.
Why do we need curtains?
The functionality of this textile is both practical and decorative.
- soften the effect of ultraviolet rays;
- in strong winds, prevent the formation of drafts;
- in bad weather protect from the rain;
- curtains for a street gazebo help to completely prevent the penetration of various insects and birds: flies, mosquitoes, night butterflies, etc .;
- protect from prying eyes, creating a solitary atmosphere;
- in the garden there are a lot of garbage and dust, and the curtains will prevent its penetration into the arbor.
- textiles create an atmosphere of romanticism, coziness and harmony;
- with a properly selected style, it is advantageous to emphasize the advantages of the design;
- delicately conceal small defects in the arbor.
Fabric curtains for gazebos and verandas
The most harmonious and common version is fabric curtains. For decoration, you can use different types: linen, cotton, silk, tulle and others. For fastening install cornices or wings. Very heavy fabrics are made in the form of Roman curtains, thanks to them the interior of the gazebo is significantly transformed.
Advantages of fabric curtains:
- the creation of comfort in the gazebo;
- the interior acquires new and refined notes;
- protect from direct sunlight;
- originality and variety of colors and images;
- fabric curtains for the gazebo serve as a barrier to the penetration of various insects into the structure;
- do not interfere with air circulation.
- do not protect from rain and wind;
- due to high humidity, the fastening elements can be oxidized;
- easily polluted;
- the fabric requires careful care;
- a short period of operation - about 6 seasons.
The most functional option is a gazebo, covered with awning. Such material has a purpose more practical than decorative. In such buildings, you can spend time on a sunny or rainy day. Protective curtains for the gazebo directly affect both the interior and the exterior of the structure, so their choice should be approached, carefully thought out all the details.
Awning (tarpaulin) is a special material that can be fully protected from the sun, rain and even from the cold. In such pavilions you can spend time in late autumn. In order to have a normal temperature inside, it's enough to install a heater.
The design for such a structure is an important detail. Therefore, to achieve maximum harmony and comfort, you can use other curtains for gazebo, for example, fabric. Such compositions will make the interior original and comfortable.
- reliability and longevity of the fabric;
- resistant to ultraviolet light;
- has a "breathing" effect, which allows you to completely get rid of vapors;
- moisture-proof, can withstand a long time direct water.
PVC curtains for gazebo
Polyvinyl chloride is a modern material that is stable enough for any kind of load and exposure to different temperatures, high-quality and durable. Its advantages in comparison with the above-described species are unquestionably more weighty:
- transparency does not prevent the penetration of sunlight;
- fluctuations in temperature do not completely deform the material;
- have antibacterial properties: they prevent the formation of fungus, mold, do not allow to accumulate various microorganisms;
- pVC curtains for the gazebo are quite easy to clean, simply wipe with a damp cloth or a soft brush;
- the strength of the material significantly extends the service life;
- variety of design.
However, it is worth paying attention to some disadvantages:
- in hot summer time, the gazebo acquires a greenhouse effect, this is due to the fact that the PVC curtains completely do not let in air;
- in closed buildings it is hot enough, especially if there is a brazier or brazier inside.
These are the most significant drawbacks that such curtains have for a street gazebo, so when choosing it is necessary to give preference to the opening models. For example, if the body is built of wood or brick, Roman curtains made of PVC are an excellent option. This kind of well holds rigidity, can fully protect from falling into the rain, exclude drafts in cool weather. If necessary, the curtains open easily.
The most common and actual today are natural curtains for arbors and verandas. For them use any weaving plants. Such veils emphasize the proximity to nature, making the space as cozy, comfortable and peaceful as possible. Especially this kind is in harmony with the wooden buildings, clearly distinguishing the eco-style.
Live curtains require special care, since the constant exposure of the sun can lead to the loss of leaves. And such a result can not fully implement the basic functions of the veil.
Acrylic materials for curtains
This kind of fabric is quite expensive, but its advantages fully justify such a price policy.
Acrylic curtains for gazebo have the following advantages:
- water repellent;
- immunity to a different kind of dirt;
- maintain a temperature drop from -20 о to +50 о С;
- have the feature of scattering light rays throughout the space.
Curtains - an integral accessory of arbors and verandas. Their functionality and decorativeness are so significant that it is hardly possible to completely dispense with such a design solution.