Twine polypropylene: application, advantages
Twine polypropylene is in great demand in the market of packaging materials. What is this product and what is it used for? Let's try to understand this question.
Twine polypropylene - what is it?
This product is a polypropylene, technical, film. It is made by twisting. The polypropylene twine is wound on a special bobbin without a bush.
Polypropylene material belongs to the class of polyolefins. It is an environmentally friendly product, absolutely safe for human health and for the environment. Therefore, the polypropylene twine will also not cause harm. How is it made?
Manufacture of twine polypropylene
- The feed hopper is supplied with raw materials - polypropylene.
- From this department, the finished granulate enters the drying compartment. The temperature here is adjustable from 60 to 110 degrees Celsius.
- Then the raw material goes back to the storage bin, then to the extruder.
- Here, the polymer melts, is filtered, then fed to the molding head of the extruder.
- In the form of a film web, the material enters the cooling drum. Here it hardens.
- Then the film is cut into ribbons.
- Further, the process of drawing the tapes in the orientation chamber is carried out. This is due to the difference in speeds between the second and the first seven-valals in a sufficiently hot air environment (the temperature in the orientation chamber is at least 150 and at most 210 degrees Celsius).
- Film tape on the fibrillator forms threads of a network structure. Then it is wound on reels.
Twine polypropylene is actively used in the following industries:
- meat processing industry;
- for the production of ropes with different diameters;
- for packing for economic purposes.
In some applications, the above products have technical advantages. This packing thread farmers prefer to oblige bales of straw. Specialists note that the man who started using polypropylene twine is unlikely to ever return to sisal.
Twine polypropylene has the following features:
- high resistance to alkali and acids;
- has excellent thermal insulation properties;
- is not susceptible to the influence of organic fertilizers;
- economical enough material;
- absolutely safe and environmentally friendly;
- increases productivity;
- safe to use (for example, steel or galvanized wire can damage a person's hands);
- significantly reduces the price of packaging.
In addition, this packaging material is not rotted and has high fibrillation. It is very convenient to handle. Although, as experts note, this polypropylene yarn has one drawback. It collapses under the influence of sunlight. But such influence should be long. However, if in the production of the above packing material, special components have been added to its composition, which increase the durability and light fastness, this problem is eliminated.
Another advantage of polypropylene yarn is its high buoyancy. It is also resistant to bending and abrasion. It is an excellent dielectric, very convenient for lacing and strapping.
Split polypropylene, the price of which is 60% less than the cost of a metal thread, depending on the type you can buy for 105-300 rubles. per kilogram.
This product is an excellent packaging material. Excellent technical characteristics of polypropylene yarn contribute to high demand for it.