At what age can pea soup be given to a child? Rules for the introduction of peas into the child's diet, recipes
In the menu of the child, you must include dishes from legumes. The process of preparing them is quite simple, the dishes are nourishing and useful. Legumes have a whole set of useful and nutritious elements, they normalize the work of the intestines, remove toxins.
But parents often have a question, from what age can pea soup be given to a child? The baby's organism is very sensitive, and some products can be injected, starting strictly from a certain period.
Useful properties of peas
Parents need to consider how old a pea soup can be to a child and how it can be useful. The main value of peas is that it contains a large amount of vegetable protein. In addition, the peas are rich:
- essential amino acids;
- vitamins C, B, H, PP;
- natural sugars;
- micro- and macro elements;
Peas have a positive effect on the formation of the brain, nervous system, the work of the heart and blood vessels. But pediatricians often restrict the consumption of this bean product by children. This is due to the fact that the peas are rather difficult to digest and can cause bloating and increased gas formation. Therefore, it is the pediatrician who follows the development of the baby, will help her mother and give recommendations, whether the child can pea soup, at what age.
When to start to enter in a ration
At what age can pea soup be given to a child? Practice shows that doctors do not recommend soup with peas to give children the first year of life. The child at this age has not yet fully mastered the main types of complementary foods. It is forbidden to give children dishes with peas at the age of up to six months, because the digestive system of the baby is still weak. At this age, the introduction of soup with peas is fraught with diarrhea and stomach upset. Even in 9 months, when the baby has already mastered many new ingredients, doctors do not recommend the introduction of peas.
So, at what age do you give pea soup to a child? Doctors recommend introducing bean product into the baby's diet in two years. By this age the digestive system of the baby has already sufficiently adapted to non-dairy products, and the body begins to absorb all the necessary micro- and macro elements. Thanks to the proteins contained in the peas, the baby will develop correctly and harmoniously.
How to introduce peas into a baby's diet
Doctors recommend starting to introduce legumes in fresh form. This applies to peas. So it is better to digest and will not cause bloating of the baby.
When can I give pea soup to a child? When the baby gets used to fresh peas, you should start to enter and soup with peas. At first the child should be given no more than two spoonfuls of soup. Then the portions are gradually increased.
The correct preparation of soup from peas
A homemade recipe for soup with peas involves the use of smoked foods. Such a soup the child will eat already at an older age, the pediatrician will again advise from what age it is possible. Pea soup for a child of two years must be cooked, guided by the following rules:
- Before cooking, peas should be soaked for 12 hours.
- Pea soup for kids is prepared on vegetable broth or meat. Meat for soup choose low-fat. Soup is cooked on the second broth, which means that after the meat has boiled for the first time, the broth must be drained. Then they cook for another half hour, periodically remove the foam.
- All vegetables that go to the soup should be fresh. It is better to take potatoes, carrots and onions.
- Before giving the child a soup, it needs to be ground in a blender. The baby's body has not yet recovered, so it's easier to digest soups-mashed potatoes.
What ingredients can not be used
In pea soup for children it is forbidden to put:
- Smoked ribs. Despite the fact that this ingredient is the main component of the soup for adults, it is not put into the children's version.
- Meat with high fat content.
- Spices and condiments. You can put a little salt in the soup.
- Bouillon cubes.
Delicious recipes of pea soup
Peas are useful in itself. But to make the soup tasty and saturated with vitamins, it is necessary to add other vegetables and meat.
To make this soup you need one carrot, one onion, peas - 200 g and a spoonful of butter. If peas are used in dried form, then it must be soaked overnight. Cooking method:
- After the carrots and onions are sliced, they are put on a small skillet with butter. Vegetables should be allowed a little. But do not fry!
- Then the vegetables are placed in a pot of peas, filled with water and put on a stove. Instead of water, you can use vegetable or chicken broth.
- After the soup is ready, it is grinded with a blender.
To make this soup, you will need three medium-sized potatoes, 500 grams of chicken, onions and carrots for one piece, peas - 200 g. Peas should be pre-soaked. Cooking method:
- First, chicken broth is cooked.
- Then the chicken is taken out and peas are put into the broth. Brew an hour.
- Then add potatoes, carrots and onions. Carrots with onion can be slightly put on the frying pan. Cook for another 20 minutes.
- 10 minutes before the readiness to return the meat in a saucepan.
This soup is well combined with home-made croutons from white bread.
From what age can pea soup the child, it will be in two years or later - only my mother will decide. She is more aware of the taste preferences of the baby and the characteristics of his body. It is important to monitor the reaction of the child to a new dish. If he eats with pleasure, then you should continue feeding. In the case when the baby turns away and does not want to eat, it is better to wait a little and offer him pea soup at a later age.